Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

So we have to wait another 18 months for this to open, even though there is large sections of it getting tarred already ??

The subbase is partially down on a few sections. Others parts it's just subgrade.

However there is many stages to go before completion. The wearing course coming down will give a good indication. Then you have signage, studding, lining, Jersey Barrier installation, drainage, site removal and ancillary works.

The other parts can catch up fairly fast to this and I would imagine the work, going forward will be concentrated on those particular sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The m18 gort to rathmorrissy 02/05/16 part one pic1 gort interchange pic2 flyover at Coole park pic3 looking towards gort pic 4 looking towards rathmorrissy pic5 flyover at owenbristy

M18 gort to rathmorrissy part two pic1 flyover at parkatleva pic2 flyover at kilternan pic3 ballynestaig flyover pic4 dunken flyover pic5 townland of roevehagh looking towards gort

The m18 gort to rathmorrissy part three pic1 parknacapp looking towards gort pic2 parknacapp looking towards rathmorrissy pic3 the flyover at coldwood will open in 3 weeks time pic4 rathmorrissy

Ariel view of the new annagh hill interchange 03/05/16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

A lot of curbing in place in Kiltiernan, really taking shape

The m17 at bauilphuil corofin 04/05/16 pic1 looking towards rathmorrissy pic2 looking towards tuam

Motorway movin' on rapidly but 2018 is still target for opening

glineli wrote: »
    A lot of curbing in place in Kiltiernan, really taking shape

The must be starting work on the roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

m17 wrote: »
    The must be starting work on the roundabout

Yes, you can see shape of roundabout and routes of it. It also looks to be completed north of the bridge

• Advertisement

The first flyover over the m18 will open at coldwood on the 26/05/16

medoc wrote: »
    Great picture. Really shows it taking shape. Fair play for all the updates and great pictures. It'll really be good to have it all documented for the future.
    thanks a million guys for all the nice comments this what makes it all worth while cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah, thanks M17! This thread would be nothing without your posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I just wish we had a m17 at other roads around the country.

1 million people living in Dublin and about 10 photos in the Luas thread!

Thanks m17.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

afatbollix wrote: »
    I just wish we had a m17 at other roads around the country.

1 million people living in Dublin and about 10 photos in the Luas thread!

Thanks m17.

Yes, and also the M11 Arklow Rathnew scheme which started in jan, and I think we have two blurred photos so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Good luck to the M17/M18, but I will never, ever understand the willingness to leave the connection between the second and third cities of the state as a boreen. I'm talking about Limerick-Cork.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Yes, and also the M11 Arklow Rathnew scheme which started in jan, and I think we have two blurred photos so far!
    Enniscorthy BP*, Arklow-Rathnew opened in 2015.

marno21 wrote: »
    Enniscorthy BP*, Arklow-Rathnew opened in 2015.

Pardon me!! Yes, M11 Enniscorthy-oilgate Scheme!

Yeah, thanks M17! This thread would be nothing without your posts!

It's not just me it's all the other guys with there posts that make this a great forum thanks again

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

M17 should be the one cutting the ribbon at the opening :)

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    M17 should be the one cutting the ribbon at the opening :)

Or at least a selfie at the opening ceremony that we can lobby to go into a local paper in recognition of his persistent and hard work covering the project !!

The townland of laraghmore where the 5th flyover over the m17 will open on the 18/05/16

Brockagh Corofin pic1 08/05/15 pic2 08/05/16

The last flyover on the m17 in the townland of killeelaun will open on the 10/08/16 pic1 the flyover pic2 looking towards tuam pic3 looking towards rathmorrissy

Bauilphuil Corofin form ripping drilling blasting to tarmac in 11 months part one

Part two

Part three

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

m17 wrote: »
    Bauilphuil Corofin form ripping drilling blasting to tarmac in 11 months part one

Love seeing the progress outlined like this. They are really moving along. When do you think they could realistically have construction completely finished on the entire scheme? I know they've said they are not planning partial openings or finishing ahead of schedule.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well done m17. Your posting updates on this project is a real treat. The progress shown in the last few posts on that section of the M17 in just 11 months is phenomenal. Surely there must be consideration for a phased opening?

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Surely there must be consideration for a phased opening?

They've already said no, mores the pity

Advertisement