Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Well done m17. Your posting updates on this project is a real treat. The progress shown in the last few posts on that section of the M17 in just 11 months is phenomenal. Surely there must be consideration for a phased opening?
    Thanks jupiterkid nice touch,they way this project is going I can see it been opened in sections, section1 tuam to annagh hill section 2 annagh hill to kilternan section3 kilternan to gort

The townland of brockagh Corofin pic1 30/05/15 pic2 09/05/16,forget them other sites this is the only site that keeps you up to date on the m17/m18 motorway

Ballybanagher Corofin pic1 11/06/15 pic2 10/05/16

The m18 2kms south of coldwood

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jenningso

https://youtu.be/WWpmj-IbHMY

Laying Cement Bond Material (CBM) on M17/18. Video by Robert Lally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

jenningso wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/WWpmj-IbHMY

Laying Cement Bond Material (CBM) on M17/18. Video by Robert Lally
    I hope someone will do drone filming on other road contracts.
    Especially N25 New Ross Bypass. Once they start with the bridge there will be some great opportunities for aerial shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

They've already said no, mores the pity

If the Tuam Bypass was finished well before the rest of it the uproar in the town will be such that I'm fairly sure it'll get opened early.

The m18 5kms form gort pic2 the m17 5kms form tuam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

m17 wrote: »

Some difference!

glineli wrote: »
    Some difference!

It has to open in sections there at least 8 months ahead on the northern section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Why the difference. Surely the ground conditions aren't that difficult on the M18?

The m18 3kms south of kilternan 13/05/16 pic1 looking towards gort pic2 looking towards rathmorrissy,looking at these pictures it has to open in sections

The flyover at coldwood 13/05/16 pic1 and 2 the flyover pic3 looking towards gort with the accommodation flyover in the background pic4 looking towards rathmorrissy

The townland of laraghmore where the 5th flyover over the m17 will open on Monday pic1 and 2 the flyover pic3 looking towards rathmorrissy pic4 looking towards tuam with the annagh hill flyover in the background

Yeah, thanks M17! This thread would be nothing without your posts!

Thanks poxyshamrock it's very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

That rock blasting timeline was epic.

Speaking of road openings I went to the previous scheme G-C and it was a pain to reach. Wherever the lay-by is that's where the plaque usually goes. Mind you I wasnt on the ground of things as much as m17 is. Neither were the other guys. The updates are excellent.

Another good thing is m17's pics are attached to the boards.ie server. Our previous ones were linked from photobucket and I'm sure several are lost links now.

Ariel view of the kiltiernan interchange 14/04/16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

A bad photo of Kiltiernan going south approaching the junction

Ariel view of the gort interchange looking towards rathmorrissy

The tuam bypass getting tarmac 15/05/16

• Advertisement

Ariel view of the flyover on the weir road tuam

Ariel view of the flyover on the weir road tuam

Why did they not put a bridge at the intersection over the N17 on the galway side of Tuam. It will have to be done at some stage if the motorway continues on.

Why did they not put a bridge at the intersection over the N17 on the galway side of Tuam. It will have to be done at some stage if the motorway continues on.

There is a roundabout going there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

. It will have to be done at some stage if the motorway continues on.

No motorway will continue on - dual carriageway is more than enough for the rest of the N17.

I know but would it not of made more sense for them to have an overpass. If the motorway or dual carriageway ever goes past Tuam it will have to be done and cause massive disruption. One more bridge now would not of made a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

I know but would it not of made more sense for them to have an overpass. If the motorway or dual carriageway ever goes past Tuam it will have to be done and cause massive disruption. One more bridge now would not of made a big difference.
    From looking at the termination of the route I would guess that any N17 extension north would not continue from the roundabout. It would go north from a point a few hundred metres before the terminus of the current scheme. Just a guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

nordydan wrote: »
    From looking at the termination of the route I would guess that any N17 extension north would not continue from the roundabout. It would go north from a point a few hundred metres before the terminus of the current scheme. Just a guess!

They're talking about a different roundabout to the one you're thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

D Trent wrote: »

They're talking about a different roundabout to the one you're thinking of
    Well indeed. How embarrassing.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Well indeed. How embarrassing.......

😠Happens the best of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

spacetweek wrote: »
    . It will have to be done at some stage if the motorway continues on.

No motorway will continue on - dual carriageway is more than enough for the rest of the N17
    Is that the eventual plan? dualler continuing to Sligo?

Advertisement