Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Rathmorrissy beams now in place on the underpass on the northern side where the m17 start's 13/04/16

The flyover at Coole park not much work done here over the past 3 months pic1 25/01/16 pic 2 13/04/16

The underpass at rathmorrissy 15/04/16

M17 gets its first layer of tarmac 15/04/16

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vilnian

m17 wrote: »
    M17 gets its first layer of tarmac 15/04/16

Great to see, really puts the perspective of how slow they are down south of the M6

• Advertisement

Thanks spacetweek for your write-up on http://www.irishmotorwayinfo.com
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Taytomal

It's well deserved, M17! You have created a very valuable record of construction right from day one that we can all look back on some day and say
    'I remember when all this was just fields and here's the pictures to prove it'.
    And the kids will say...
    God, old people are so annoying...!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Thanks spacetweek for your write-up on http://www.irishmotorwayinfo.com
    cheers
    You're doing all my work for me!

spacetweek wrote: »
    You're doing all my work for me!

I'll send you the bill later

The m17 at Corofin with the 2 flyovers and frist layer of tarmac 17/04/16

• Advertisement

The 4th flyover over the m17, at annagh hill will open this week

The flyover and roundabout at annagh hill will open on Thursday

The 4th flyover over the m17, at annagh hill will open this week

I note that Baile Chláir is marked in white like a regional road.

I note that Baile Chláir is marked in white like a regional road.

They will have to change that sign because all the other signs around annagh hill are green, once the m17 Open's the n63 will go as far as galway

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YoungIreland

They will have to change that sign because all the other signs around annagh hill are green, once the m17 Open's the n63 will go as far as galway

I'm not necessarily sure that that will be the case, because the N73 ends where it meets the M8 outside Mitchelstown. Same with the N52 outside Nenagh. It it was a set-up like the N77 in Durrow, I could understand not de-trunking it, but given that terminating the N63 will not cause a counter-intuitive route like the N77 would had it been routed towards Cullahill rather than Portlaoise. If any national route will be extended because of this, it will probably be the N67 to the old Airport.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Deedsie wrote: »
    The N52 always began/ended just outside Nenagh? The M7 wouldn't have changed that much.

The N52 was extended a km or two along the old N7 to meet the Nenagh BP at what is now J26 on the M7.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YoungIreland

I suppose that my point was that it would be difficult to justify routing the N63 through Claregalway since it would directly connected with a motorway junction (unlike the N67 and N77) and precedent suggests that if a secondary route terminates (as opposed to crossing it en route) at a motorway, then the bypassed section of that road will also be detrunked.

The m17 around Corofin over 5kms part one 17/04/16

Part two

Part three

• Advertisement

And finally part 4

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Part two

Oh God, a layby? Seriously? We're still building those?

The townlands of ballybanagher,mahangh,cloonkeen get there first layer of tarmac they have layed 1.5kms over the last 2 days pic1 looking towards rathmorrissy the rest towards tuam 20/04/16

Part two

Part two

So we have to wait another 18 months for this to open, even though there is large sections of it getting tarred already ??

So we have to wait another 18 months for this to open, even though there is large sections of it getting tarred already ??

They have only tarred about 6kms so far,that is only on one side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

And the southern section isn't near to being tarred yet, a long way behind

The townland of ballybanagher pic1 21/01/15 when it all started pic2 21/04/16 so far

Direct route have there new newsletter nice to see a update on the rathmorissy interchange that pic was taken last monthhttp://www.directroutegorttotuam.ie/newsletter.aspx

• Advertisement

The m17 in the townland of sheeaunpark 1.5kms north of cartymore the have only started work on the flyover still a lot of blasting to be done pic1 looking towards tuam pic2 looking towards rathmorrissy 21/04/16

Advertisement