Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii (all discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Should have just bought a PS1.... Well a few PS1's because they are awful and kept breaking just like everything from Sony with a laser in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

gizmo wrote: »
    Exactly! If you're going to post a console that cleans the other three out of it then at least post a pic of the SNES. :D

This. Im also very dissapointed by crysis2, whatever it might not be the full settings in the beta - but its taken a huge step backwards compared to warhead and crysis1. Its a console game with a few shiny dx11 effects, for shame crytek, for shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

after using a playstation 3 and xbox 360 i enjoy the ps way more. designed beautifully and is great to use. games wise im not too fussed. any shooters i play on the pc so the ps pad suits me better then the 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

gizmo wrote: »
    Exactly! If you're going to post a console that cleans the other three out of it then at least post a pic of the SNES. :D

Screw the snes , Sega megadrive all the way baby :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Screw the snes , Sega megadrive all the way baby :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fivestar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

I have both and have to say I love the xbox more. The controller suits the FPS games better. Way better, actually.

I have mobile broadband and I had such a crap time downloading big files for the PS3. I was getting an installation error at 14% in which I wasted loads of bandwidth namely 2GB once trying to get the new Tiger Woods demo.

Having no problem with downloads for the xbox. Having that piece of mind is great, to know I am gonna get what I download.

The PS3 does seem to be better to make friends and interact more. I don't do the party chat on xbox. It's kinda bollox.

The on-screen keyboard on PS3 is way better than the xbox. I like the friends list design, better, too. And the fact I can copy files from an external drive onto the PS3 gives it a great feel to be able to have all your movies and songs instantly on it.

But they are for playing games and for downloading content and the xbox suits what I want.

Lucky I have both, though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If ye want a real argument, then ye should decide which is better Shampoo or Conditioner!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Basically it all comes down to preference, whats more convienient to the potential buyer and what you're gonna use your console for.

I got my Xbox just in time for GTA IV. To me the graphics for IV were better on the Xbox not to mention the exclusive DLC and Xbox Live. My mate plays with PS3 and he always got thrown into games online (GTA) that have already started and you'd have to sit and watch. The rooms were never as busy either and it just seemed to me that players on the PSN network having more fun trying to boot people (just for annoyance) than actually play a decent game. That's my observation. I don't own a PS3..yet.

I don't need a web browser on my Xbox as I have a nice 17" laptop with fast internet so the crappy web browser on the PSN doesn't serve me any purpose. If I didn't have a laptop, well yes..great.

I wanted a chaeaper console. By the time the PS3 came out second hand Xbox's were selling for nothing.

I wanted to be able to stream music and pics from my laptop on to my Xbox. Great. Can do that.

I want to be able to play San Andreas and other PC games with my Xbox controller on my laptop. Great. I can do that.

I'm not mad for Blu-Ray yet. I know it's great but Blu-Ray films are expensive and I'll eventually get a PS3 to play some of their exclusives like Unchartered.

I got an Xbox slim so I have built-in wireless, 120Gb HDD, Xbox Live with no problems. A year is a long time and €40 I paid a couple on months ago is nothing to me when I've clocked loads of hours of quality online gaming without any problems . I got the online video shows that are free on Live, the interface is clearer and more fun to me.

Not once have I knocked the PS3 except for the browser. I just hate people that bash consoles when they know they're good or they convince themselves that 'they're ****e' when they know they can't be ****e.

Overall, I think the Xbox is a gamers console. If you want to play good games, in a good gaming envoirnment, without the threat of online modders and hackers. It's interactive with your other Microsoft harware such as are your laptop or computer and you can create a network between the two aswell to stream music, video and photos. Or play games with your Xbox conroller on your PC.

If you want an all in one, cater for everyone. Blu-Ray player-come-gaming console with free but less quality online service but with web browser go for PS3.

I'm gonna get a PS3 too. I'm not a fanoby like some dip****s on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Basically it all comes down to preference, whats more convienient to the potential buyer and what you're gonna use your console for.

I got my Xbox just in time for GTA IV. To me the graphics for IV were better on the Xbox not to mention the exclusive DLC and Xbox Live. My mate plays with PS3 and he always got thrown into games online (GTA) that have already started and you'd have to sit and watch. The rooms were never as busy either and it just seemed to me that players on the PSN network having more fun trying to boot people (just for annoyance) than actually play a decent game. That's my observation. I don't own a PS3..yet.

I don't need a web browser on my Xbox as I have a nice 17" laptop with fast internet so the crappy web browser on the PSN doesn't serve me any purpose. If I didn't have a laptop, well yes..great.

I wanted a chaeaper console. By the time the PS3 came out second hand Xbox's were selling for nothing.

I wanted to be able to stream music and pics from my laptop on to my Xbox. Great. Can do that.

I want to be able to play San Andreas and other PC games with my Xbox controller on my laptop. Great. I can do that.

I'm not mad for Blu-Ray yet. I know it's great but Blu-Ray films are expensive and I'll eventually get a PS3 to play some of their exclusives like Unchartered.

I got an Xbox slim so I have built-in wireless, 120Gb HDD, Xbox Live with no problems. A year is a long time and €40 I paid a couple on months ago is nothing to me when I've clocked loads of hours of quality online gaming without any problems . I got the online video shows that are free on Live, the interface is clearer and more fun to me.

Not once have I knocked the PS3 except for the browser. I just hate people that bash consoles when they know they're good or they convince themselves that 'they're ****e' when they know they can't be ****e.

Overall, I think the Xbox is a gamers console. If you want to play good games, in a good gaming envoirnment, without the threat of online modders and hackers. It's interactive with your other Microsoft harware such as are your laptop or computer and you can create a network between the two aswell to stream music, video and photos. Or play games with your Xbox conroller on your PC.

If you want an all in one, cater for everyone. Blu-Ray player-come-gaming console with free but less quality online service but with web browser go for PS3.

I'm gonna get a PS3 too. I'm not a fanoby like some dip****s on here.

So in other words... xbox for a better online experience and fewer (worse) exclusives, PS3 for everything else and more (Better) exclusives ? I'd agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ponta

I used to play PC games but I am thinking of buying an Xbox 360 or PS3. I would only use it for single player games. Which is better? My favourite PC games are Freedom Force (superhero RPG) and Fable: The Lost Chapters (fantasy/sword fighting RPG).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The correct answer is ds or psp!

All depends what you're into. Both have a number of great multi format RPGS but only 360 has fable, being a favourite of yours!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

both consoles are the right choice! Personally i'd recommend the PS3 since u can also play blu-rays on it. i'm not huge into FPS games... I find XBL has the better downloadable games but they generally come out at some point on PS3.

With Mass Effect 2/3 now on PS3, Uncharted, Heavy Rain and a lot of cross-platforms, can't go wrong with a PS3. If u have a PC, Fable II is already out, i imagine Fable III will come out at some point if it hasn't already. Same with Gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

This again ? :P

PS3 = Uncharted 1+2 - Resistence 1+2 - God of War - Killzone 2 + 3 - Demon Souls - Heavy Rain - Metal Gear Solid - Infamous 1+2 - Little Big Planet - Gran Transmo

Coming soon = Uncharted 3 - Resistence 3 - The Last Guardian - Twisted Metal etc

Xbox = Masseffect 1 - Gears of War 1+2 - Halo Reach - Fable 2+3(?) - Alan Wake - Froza

Coming soon = Gears of War 3... not sure of anything else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Atari Jaguar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you want to play Fable Gears of War or Halo then a xbox anything else then PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Sega Megadrive. The definitive games console. No twitter, facebook, or any other social plugin bollox...just an armada of a games library & the definition of what a games console should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Atari Jaguar.

20110723143631.jpg

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Wii U.

EnterNow wrote: »
    The Sega Megadrive. The definitive games console. No twitter, facebook, or any other social plugin bollox...just an armada of a games library & the definition of what a games console should be.

SNES was better. :P

• Advertisement

SNES was better. :P

Lies :P

Lies :P

You might have Phantasy Star 4 and Gunstar Heroes but in every other area the SNES walks all over Megadrive.

Disclaimer: Still love the MD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You might have Phantasy Star 4 and Gunstar Heroes but in every other area the SNES walks all over Megadrive.

Disclaimer: Still love the MD :)

I refuse to have the same arguments today as I had in the school yard 20 years ago :p But both consoles were epicly good. 16-bit gaming was the golden age.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I loved the early 90s; it was a fantastic time to be a gamer. Arcades were awesome too.

That said, right now is a fantastic time as well. We get more AAA games now then we did back in the day :)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I loved the early 90s; it was a fantastic time to be a gamer. Arcades were awesome too.

That said, right now is a fantastic time as well. We get more AAA games now then we did back in the day :)

Except alot of developers this gen turned into snakes :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PC > ALL

*runs out gigling*

i newer had SNES, but i did had sega mega drive. it was epic! dune, cannon fodder, general chaos ( is that right? 5v5 mini rts game ), sonics, andrety racing.

oh god damn childhood... :rolleyes:

Mega drive for me

Earth worm jim
    SONIC
    Alien storm
    Street of rage
    Golden axe
    Mickey mouse and donald duck world of illusion
    Tazmania
    Road rash
    Pagemaster
    Lion king

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mega drive for me

Earth worm jim
    SONIC
    Alien storm
    Street of rage
    Golden axe
    Mickey mouse and donald duck world of illusion
    Tazmania
    Road rage
    Pagemaster
    Lion king

Oh I loved jim, but , you will lough, it was very scary for me! Just the style was very creepy.

Road rage was epic too. Would love a modern one :(

Oh I loved jim, but , you will lough, it was very scary for me! Just the style was very creepy.

Road rage was epic too. Would love a modern one :(

I kill for a new road rash game , a forgotten gem

• Advertisement

I <3 Cannon Fodder.

Advertisement