Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii (all discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Magill wrote: »
    My post was correcting his statement that the xbox had better exclusives lined up. Are you disagreeing with me or what is the point of your reply ?

So theres forza... and 2 "Maybe" games. I never even posted all the BIG confirmed releases for the PS3..

Resistance 3
    The Last Guardain
    Uncharted 3
    Killzone 3
    Infamous 2
    Socom 4
    Rachet and Clank
    Twisted Metal
    Motor Storm
    The Agency
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    Yakuza
    Little Big Planet 2
    DC Universe
    Agent(Who knows.. As likely as a new halo i guess)

The xbox exclusive calender just looks empty in comparsion, either way. 2011 will be expensive as fook !

As for the move and PSN games.... meh, i dont really look into that ****e because theres almost too many great games to play. tho apparently Ape escape, Sony Heroes and the sorcery are going to be really good on the move.
    I was replying to your statement saying "The only big exclusive coming to the 360 this year is gears 3..." which is simply incorrect. None of the games listed are "maybe" in the slightest, it's a case of when the announcement comes rather than if. I also never said the PS3 had less exclusives coming this year, it's obvious there are more coming out for it, regardless of how many of them appeal to everyone. If anything it shows how much MS have dropped the ball with regards first party studios and those which they are extremely close with. :o

As for ignoring Move/PSN games or in this case Kinect/XBLA games, that's a major mistake, certainly in the digital distribution sense. This year alone has seen the release of fantastic games such as Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Comic Jumper, Joe Danger and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom never mind those listed as coming for 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

gizmo wrote: »
    I was replying to your statement saying "The only big exclusive coming to the 360 this year is gears 3..." which is simply incorrect. None of the games listed are "maybe" in the slightest, it's a case of when the announcement comes rather than if. I also never said the PS3 had less exclusives coming this year, it's obvious there are more coming out for it, regardless of how many of them appeal to everyone. If anything it shows how much MS have dropped the ball with regards first party studios and those which they are extremely close with. :o

As for ignoring Move/PSN games or in this case Kinect/XBLA games, that's a major mistake, certainly in the digital distribution sense. This year alone has seen the release of fantastic games such as Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Comic Jumper, Joe Danger and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom never mind those listed as coming for 2011.

In fairness the only game that interests me for xbox2011 is gears, maybe theres a few others that some people are looking forward to... personally, froza interests me as much as motorstorm does.. which is very little because im not into racers. And halo.... i dont play it online and thus the games have had very little to offer me since the trilogy ended(But if they're coming in 2011 i guess they would be considered major releases, especially halo) either way, there hasnt even been a whisper about a new halo so i have my doubts we'll see a new addition to the series in 2011, an annoucement is inevitable tho. Of course theres going to be more releases than just gears.. but games that can match the quality that will no doubt be shown in games like uncharted, killzone, the last guardian etc... i just cant see it. There'll be suprises for sure.. but that goes for all 3 consoles.

As for me ignoring move/kinect and Live/PSN games... they just dont interest me, yeah they might be good value for money, but when i havent even got round to finishing New Vegas or AC:Brotherhood im certainly not going to buy some second rate arcade games or some ****ty sports game for the move. When they have some high quality games then yeah... maybe, maybe i'll get it for SOCOM or something.

You're right tho.. MS have dropped the ball.

As for me ignoring move/kinect and Live/PSN games... they just dont interest me, yeah they might be good value for money, but when i havent even got round to finishing New Vegas or AC:Brotherhood im certainly not going to buy some second rate arcade games or some ****ty sports game for the move. When they have some high quality games then yeah... maybe, maybe i'll get it for SOCOM or something.
    Not to bang on about it but I'm simply saying it for your own benefit, specifically in regards the downloadable games at least - some of the games I listed below (Super Meat Boy, Limbo etc..) are more GOTY material than second rate arcade games. :)

gizmo wrote: »
    Not to bang on about it but I'm simply saying it for your own benefit, specifically in regards the downloadable games at least - some of the games I listed below (Super Meat Boy, Limbo etc..) are more GOTY material than second rate arcade games. :)

:) maybe for the xbox and their lack of games ;) , sidescrollers are so 90's tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

:) maybe for the xbox and their lack of games ;) , sidescrollers are so 90's tho :D

Sidescrollers are awesome, shush :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

agree with gizmo, some of the best games ive played on xbox have been arcade games

• Registered Users Posts: 26,320 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wow its 2008 all over again with this bitching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

noodler wrote: »
    Wow its 2008 all over again with this bitching!

Yeah....I'm pretty happy I created this thread. :)

Pfft, you just wish you could feel the Meat too. :D

I'm raging Super Meat Boy isnt on PSN, it looks savage.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I'm raging Super Meat Boy isnt on PSN, it looks savage.
    It really really is. That being said, just get it on the PC if you can't get it on the PS3. It was on sale for peanuts during the Steam sale but it's back up to €13.99 now. Even at that though it's still worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

... what ? Read my post on the previous page..... how is that a pathetic amount ? If thats pathetic... what do you call the amount of exclusives available for the PC !!!

sc2 and war3(dota) still own most of my gaming hours :P

and your list:

Resistance 3 (FPS on console is nono)
    The Last Guardain (i cant wait!!!!)
    Uncharted 3 (must buy but wont buy at launch)
    Killzone 3 (tried 1 didnt like it so no thanks)
    Infamous 2 (meh)
    Socom 4 (fps)
    Rachet and Clank (meh to me)
    Twisted Metal (could be good!)
    Motor Storm (no thanks.)
    The Agency (may check it out)
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII (it will be crap. check out our jrpg forum :P i hate SE!)
    Yakuza (i never into GTA type of game :P and the english port never do the job for me since it is quite a jap culture heavily related) game)
    Little Big Planet 2 (meh)
    DC Universe (is this gonna be multi??)
    Agent (halo clone? meh)

what i meant is i dont really care about which console is better than what console, and because i play my FPS on PC, to me there left not much exclusives(that i want) from each consoles. and i will probably get the multi-platformers when they are on sales/depends on it is cheaper on which platform.
    meh... i might give mario galaxy a bash, see what all the fuss is about.

if you like mario games or you like some 3D action game, mario galaxy is a must buy!!

i know i am some odd gamers :pac: but now i only buy the games that i know i am gonna love them rather than buy alot of games that i couldnt even finish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Infamous 2 (meh)
    Socom 4 (fps)
    Motor Storm (no thanks.)
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII (it will be crap. check out our jrpg forum :P i hate SE!)
    Yakuza (i never into GTA type of game :P and the english port never do the job for me since it is quite a jap culture heavily related) game)
    Agent (halo clone? meh)

No offence, but sometimes I'd love such a slim.. ahem.. no let's say strict interest in games. I'd save a lot of money.

Also, Killzone 2 is a million miles away from KZ1 and Yakuza is a million miles away from GTA.

sc2 and war3(dota) still own most of my gaming hours :P

and your list:

Infamous 2 (meh)
    Socom 4 (fps)
    Motor Storm (no thanks.)
    Agent (halo clone? meh)

what i meant is i dont really care about which console is better than what console, and because i play my FPS on PC, to me there left not much exclusives(that i want) from each consoles. and i will probably get the multi-platformers when they are on sales/depends on it is cheaper on which platform.

if you like mario games or you like some 3D action game, mario galaxy is a must buy!!

i know i am some odd gamers :pac: but now i only buy the games that i know i am gonna love them rather than buy alot of games that i couldnt even finish them.

That is kinda odd :) Dont know how one decides if they'll love a game without playing it tho....

Why wont you play FPS games on a console ? Bad with the gamepad ? Dont really need to be Fatal1ty to kill **** using one, that typical PC elitism ****e.. i used to be like that aswel.. then i wised up :D Resistance/Killzone are more about there single player experience.

-Socom is actually 3rd person but whatever.
    -agent a halo clone ? Where'd you get that one from lol... theres pretty much nothing known about Agent, other than its a rockstar exclusive for the PS3 and that pretty much means it'll be bad ass...
    -As said, yakuza is nothing like GTA..

I'll have to pick and choose aswel tho, as much as i'd love to buy all those games, my budget just wont allow it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why wont you play FPS games on a console ? Bad with the gamepad ? Dont really need to be Fatal1ty to kill **** using one, that typical PC elitism ****e.. i used to be like that aswel.. then i wised up :D Resistance/Killzone are more about there single player experience.

I'll get my FPS games on PC as well if I can. You get the game for cheaper, you get a better online experience, the graphics are usually way nicer and a keyboard and mouse is far better than a gamepad, nothing wrong with a gamepad but it it's just not a patch on it. Used to get them for consoles when I hadn't a good PC but now it's PC all the way. Why pay more for an inferior product? If it'sa console exclusive I'dstill play it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll get my FPS games on PC as well if I can. You get the game for cheaper, you get a better online experience, the graphics are usually way nicer and a keyboard and mouse is far better than a gamepad, nothing wrong with a gamepad but it it's just not a patch on it. Used to get them for consoles when I hadn't a good PC but now it's PC all the way. Why pay more for an inferior product? If it'sa console exclusive I'dstill play it.

wait a second... I wasnt talking about multiplatform games mate.. i know the PC is better for playing FPS games, my point was.. why deny yourself possibly 2 of the best games of 2011 because they're on a console(Not you, sera).. You'd be suprised how decent you can get using a gamepad, its certainly not as bad as PC gamers make out (Especially considering how awful most PC gamers are using a mouse and keyboard for shooters, im pretty sure i could out play the average pub player using a gamepad :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Agent (halo clone? meh)
    Rockstar wrote:
    [The game will take players] on a paranoid journey into the world of counterintelligence, espionage, and political assassinations during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970s

How is that a Halo clone? Furthermore, how can you dismiss a game without knowing anything about it :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

wait a second... I wasnt talking about multiplatform games mate.. i know the PC is better for playing FPS games, my point was.. why deny yourself possibly 2 of the best games of 2011 because they're on a console(Not you, sera).. You'd be suprised how decent you can get using a gamepad, its certainly not as bad as PC gamers make out (Especially considering how awful most PC gamers are using a mouse and keyboard for shooters, im pretty sure i could out play the average pub player using a gamepad :D).

Sorry read it wrong. I definitely wouldn't deny myself an exclusive because it wasn't on PC and if I didn't have my PC I'd be getting my FPS games on the consoles. As for out playing a keyboard and mouse player I kind of doubt you would out play them. You've got to remember that for console FPS games there's an awful lot of autoaiming to help with aiming. If there's a game that allows you to turn off auto-aim you should try it because it's a horrible experience playing an FPS on a pad without auto-aim. With auto-aim off you'd be in big trouble against an average keyboard and mouse user. With auto-aiming on maybe you would have a chance. Anyway that's a bit off topic.

Sorry read it wrong. I definitely wouldn't deny myself an exclusive because it wasn't on PC and if I didn't have my PC I'd be getting my FPS games on the consoles. As for out playing a keyboard and mouse player I kind of doubt you would out play them. You've got to remember that for console FPS games there's an awful lot of autoaiming to help with aiming. If there's a game that allows you to turn off auto-aim you should try it because it's a horrible experience playing an FPS on a pad without auto-aim. With auto-aim off you'd be in big trouble against an average keyboard and mouse user. With auto-aiming on maybe you would have a chance. Anyway that's a bit off topic.

I turn off auto aim on Black Ops, find its easier without it as the cursor doesnt drfit off when theres someone behind a wall or something. Depends on the game though.

m&kb vs pad will be debated until the end of time :pac:

m&kb vs pad will be debated until the end of time :pac:

I don't know. I think there's no debate. Gamepad works and is more than functional but keyboard and mouse is just way better. There's no debate there really although completely dismissing console FPS games because they use a gamepad is also totally wrong.

• Advertisement

I don't know. I think there's no debate. Gamepad works and is more than functional but keyboard and mouse is just way better. There's no debate there really although completely dismissing console FPS games because they use a gamepad is also totally wrong.

Agree, this pc "fnarr look at this pathetic console gamers, wouldnt stand a chance against a pc player" is bull for the most part, I'd happily go up against a pc player with kb&m on CoD if it was possible on ps3, is it on xbox? can you play xbox live against pc players?

Agree, this pc "fnarr look at this pathetic console gamers, wouldnt stand a chance against a pc player" is bull for the most part, I'd happily go up against a pc player with kb&m on CoD if it was possible on ps3, is it on xbox? can you play xbox live against pc players?

I still think you wouldn't have a chance I'm afraid. I remember the laugh I had hacking into the Dreamcast Quake 3 servers and absolutely destroying the pad using DC players. You could hook up a 360 pad or PS3 pad to a PC easily and give it a go. It might not be pretty. It's not that you don't have the skill it's just that the speed of turning, aiming and the precision of a mouse gives a big advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The mouse is headshot heaven. I'd rather use ANYTHING but the keyboard for movement, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You used be able to play Shadowrun wasnt it between xbox and pc on the same server?

Yeah you could.

I still think you wouldn't have a chance I'm afraid. I remember the laugh I had hacking into the Dreamcast Quake 3 servers and absolutely destroying the pad using DC players. You could hook up a 360 pad or PS3 pad to a PC easily and give it a go. It might not be pretty. It's not that you don't have the skill it's just that the speed of turning, aiming and the precision of a mouse gives a big advantage.

I've played MW2 on a mates pc and did ok using the kb&m setup, bearing in mind I havent used a kb&m for a fps game since Half Life 2. :pac: There are some wierd combo joypads that have a mouse for aiming with a half pad and thumbstick for movement which would be cool if they worked, no idea if they do though.

I've been a console gamer since forever except for a dip into pc fps games for stuff like Half Life, quake, Doom 3 and Unreal Tournament in the mid 2000s, but since i just use a laptop now and cant justify the amount it cost for pc gaming (and i dont do mmorpgs, one game addiction is enough :D ) the pad just feels more natural to me. They both have pros and cons, I couldnt fathom playing something like Arkham Asylum on a keyboard though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

That is kinda odd :) Dont know how one decides if they'll love a game without playing it tho....

ah is not like i 'am 100% sure' i wont like the game, is more like 'i probably wont like the game'. especially consider how easy you can dig up alot trailers/game play videos nowadays - if they are interesting to me then i will give them a try. is kinda same in the case of meeting girls:p

-Socom is actually 3rd person but whatever.
    -agent a halo clone ? Where'd you get that one from lol... theres pretty much nothing known about Agent, other than its a rockstar exclusive for the PS3 and that pretty much means it'll be bad ass...
    -As said, yakuza is nothing like GTA..

I'll have to pick and choose aswel tho, as much as i'd love to buy all those games, my budget just wont allow it :D

the main reason of 'fps needs to be on pc' is probably because i am such a stubborn bastard who is bad with aiming with controllers:p but tbh i am sure i can get used to the controllers but it is just that everytime when i play fps in friend's house, my brain will tell me 'why dont you just play this on pc and you will easily own them all!!'. and besides, i have quite a machine that can run most games at high setting and pc-ported games are always cheaper!

and oh lol I thought you meant The Agency (which is just another generic TPS), so yeah i may wait for what Rockstar gonna tell us.

played yazuka on ps2 and i couldnt finish it=_= bored, it is kinda like gta to me lol. it just feels wrong with the translate and i cant read japanese without sitting beside dictionary so i am quite convinced that i will never get into yazuka series.

anyway, the amount exclusives really seem pathetic to me(if we count The last guardian+agent+uncharted thats like 3...and probably only The last guardian will be my launch day buy).

on a side note, I bought Vanquish on launch! i knew it is a TPS and it is not gonna go pc so i have no choice but bought it. see, i still a rational gamer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lads,

I started this reading this thread earlier until i realised there was another 20+ pages to go :eek:

Ive just been handed a voucher for the b'day(let's cal it my 3rd 30th :rolleyes: ) to go by an XBOX or a PS3.

PS3:
    My little brother in law has the PS3 so i'm ok with what this is like, but ...

XBOX:
    the 2009 comments seem to state that the XBOX 360 seemed to be fairly loud. has this been resolved in the current XBOX 360 250GB?
    how about Wireless on the current XBOX?
    can the XBOX now play DVD's / Bluerays?
    RROD still an issue?
    what are the rechargeable batteries for the controlers like?

please help me make the desision

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaolcon

Xbox wins hands down

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    XBOX:
    the 2009 comments seem to state that the XBOX 360 seemed to be fairly loud. has this been resolved in the current XBOX 360 250GB?
    how about Wireless on the current XBOX?
    can the XBOX now play DVD's / Bluerays?
    RROD still an issue?
    what are the rechargeable batteries for the controlers like?
    Assuming you're buying a new 360 then the console is no longer loud, has a tiny chance of getting the RRoD or related breakdowns, has wireless built in and can play DVDs but not Blurays.

With regards the rechargeable batteries, I can't really comment as I use the Play & Charge kit which works a treat.

As for making a decision, do any of your friends have one of the consoles that you'd like to play online? If so, just get that one. If not, flip a coin really. Personally I'd go with the 360 but there'll be an even split around here regarding which one to go for.

Advertisement