Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

...do you know when the information will become declassified Reacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Orizio wrote: »
    ...do you know when the information will become declassified Reacher?

Between 20-50 years. You know how the President acts with secrecy and the likes.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

christmas-decorations-ideas.jpg

I'll put up some Christmas decorations in here!

Anyone got any exciting plans for the holidays??

Was thinking of doing some 2011 awards to posters in here, what do posters think? Probably 5 or 6 categories, along the lines of best poster, person most likely to get banned in 2012, thread of the year etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Likeage ^^

Hows the holidays going for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Likeage ^^

Well all i know is i'm going into standby mode for the next week and a half. Spent last week in Munich chilling out and it was lovely. My whole family are heading away for a week on the 26th so it's going to be a very quiet holidays at home.

• Advertisement

Well all i know is i'm going into standby mode for the next week and a half. Spent last week in Munich chilling out and it was lovely. My whole family are heading away for a week on the 26th so it's going to be a very quiet holidays at home.

Ooooh Munich, nice! Standby mode sounds lovely, sleeping and drinking and eating. I've assignments to get started :(

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

Likeage ^^

crap due to work :( get to go home for xmas eve and day then back for work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 johncyrus

Orizio wrote: »
    How do you mean Reacher?

I cant understand too. Please be specific.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

johncyrus wrote: »
    I cant understand too. Please be specific.

Why does it need explaining really?

Reacher was messing with Orizio - Reacher was looking for the postgrad library and Orizio said it was classified, Reacher was just getting his own back :P

These things are no fun when you have to explain them!

Yeah Reacher was the one messing with me. :p

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas folks. Enjoy yer food comas!

Jaysus, can't believe Tuesday is almost here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

You can sign into portal and go directly to Blackboard now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

You can sign into portal and go directly to Blackboard now :D

Now I just need to find a reason to use blackboard :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

To be honest I much rather prefer to go back now and get back to normality rather than have the whole of January back. I hate the period between the end of Christmas and when you go back to college/school/work. Since Christmas Day there is always a bit of an anti-climax and everynight I just wish it was the week before Christmas.. The days after are so "depressing"..not sure if that is the right word. Stephens night and New Years night are something to look forward to but bar those nights I hate the week after Christmas. Once New Years Day is gone the there is nothing left to look forward to Christmas wise..At least going to UCC means there is only 2 days between New Years and back to college. I will be able to get back to normality then and forget about the anti-climax of Christmas and look forward to 2012. Anyone else feel the same about Christmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

How was everyone's first day back? We had a nice gentle re-introduction to ucc life - 2 of our 3 lectures got cancelled (thankfully the second & third, not the first & second) so in for 1 hour, and 2 starbucks coffees!

It's nice being back, haven't been in college since this time last year, because the last two semesters were spent on work experience. Remind me I said it's nice being back in a few weeks when I'm swamped with essays & reading and the likes! :p

Went in to drop an assignment in today - apparently we're supposed to have lectures this week - don't see any of us making them!

Is there a particular trick to getting the 'PC' section of the multi-media computers on the third floor to come on? I mean, I know you swtich between the three channels with the buttons on top of the screen, but when I do switch to 'pc' and then press 'enter' the majority of the time the log in screen doesn't appear. What am I missing?

Feckin sockets on q+2 wouldnt work for me and I've figured out that boards is blocked on the campus network :P This place needs to get its act together, I tried like 10 sockets and none would work. I moved to Q+3 and find one no bother. Should I say it to staff that they aint workin or what?

Feckin sockets on q+2 wouldnt work for me and I've figured out that boards is blocked on the campus network :P This place needs to get its act together, I tried like 10 sockets and none would work. I moved to Q+3 and find one no bother. Should I say it to staff that they aint workin or what?

boards is blocked??? Say it to them alright about the broken sockets - they are a disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Boards is blocked alright on some of the computers down in WGB , wouldn't be surprised anyways. The place is a right state and half the computers don't seem to work!:mad:

Did they block facebook as well? More people spend time on FB than on boards ffs

Did they block facebook as well? More people spend time on FB than on boards ffs

Nope! Facebook works perfectly! I'm using one of these unblocking websites to post this, so it must be blocked! Eejits like :rollseyes: Also dont get me started on the campus computers, disaster and a half! Its already a bollox that they wont allow us to use Firefox and the only web browsers we can use are IE and Chrome!

Yea, I tried the first round table on Q+2, all the sockets on the table were broken, I was havin a heart attack thinking my charger was broken. I moved up Q+3 and it's working fine now. Ill say it to the staff on the floor when I'm leaving!

Nope! Facebook works perfectly! I'm using one of these unblocking websites to post this, so it must be blocked! Eejits like :rollseyes: Also dont get me started on the campus computers, disaster and a half! Its already a bollox that they wont allow us to use Firefox and the only web browsers we can use are IE and Chrome!

Yea, I tried the first round table on Q+2, all the sockets on the table were broken, I was havin a heart attack thinking my charger was broken. I moved up Q+3 and it's working fine now. Ill say it to the staff on the floor when I'm leaving!

TBH I'm Chrome fan, we have IE at work, and I ended up installing Chrome, it was driving me insane!

Yeah boards is blocked alright and it seems some of the news sites aren't working in the boole basement either. Yet people can still play those awfully shíte games on facebook. Not too hard to use proxies but it tends to slow things down a tad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kitkat87

When did they decide to give us that little gift?! It was working grand before Christmas. I don't know what I'll do to procrastinate from typing up essays now without Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Boards still works in my computer lab in the ORB. Well, it did yesterday anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I love having my own personal computer in UCC. I can download and install whatever I want and there is never a fear of not being able to find a computer and no blocked sites. :D

I love having my own personal computer in UCC. I can download and install whatever I want and there is never a fear of not being able to find a computer and no blocked sites. :D

Its the campus network thats the problem :pac: I use my own laptop on campus and boards is blocked there but once I get home its grand. So it is the campus network!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

umail's dooooooooooooown

Advertisement