Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Anyone know anyway of getting around the two tickets per person on the buying Arts ball tickets rule? Me and my housemates wanna go, but prob is the two girls are in SEFS :P All my other friends are using the two tickets.

I'd say you'll just have to buy 2 tickets and hope that someone will sell theirs closer to the date! There's always people trying to offload them on the Overheard page on fb!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

Just beg someone in arts who isn't going to buy them for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Best place/person to go to in UCC for a talk about career advice...?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

careers advice down by castlewhite apartments I think

Brighton Villas - after looking it up http://www.ucc.ie/en/careers/

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Anybody going to the Midlands Comic-Con MCM Expo with the Scifi soc? I know nobody and not huge into comics. It looks like it will be a laugh though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Umail down again...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cian92 wrote: »
    Umail down again...

Yeah, it has been down since early yesterday - never has the email service been down so much, its ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 33 claddy

Is there any announcement anywhere about why its down? Surely there should be something on the sit.ucc.ie site. I really need to access some emails before tomorrow:mad:

Nope, didn't see anything - I'm waiting for email back from my tutor about feedback from my submissions, with more to email to her - its a complete disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

It's fine now?

• Advertisement

Nope, not for me :(

Thought it might be chrome - but tried using IE and still won't connect

I'm using chrome and it's loading normally.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/umail.ucc.ie - must be cos you're a post grad :P

I'm using chrome and its still not ****ing loading.

Orizio wrote: »

Reacher's email seems to be special :D - I've had friends onto me this evening wondering if my email is down as well
    edit: realised maybe why - if you have logged in previously, it should be okay - happened me, people were on here saying it was down, but mine wasn't because I had already logged in

Blackboard is up, you can send emails from it to people in your course if you need to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Hi, just wondering where you go to get one of the cert yokes to say you were absent because of training?, have to miss a fairly important lecture tomorrow and want to have proof of the reason for it.

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering where you go to get one of the cert yokes to say you were absent because of training?, have to miss a fairly important lecture tomorrow and want to have proof of the reason for it.

PE office down by the Mardyke pitch afaik

Umail is back up

Orizio wrote: »

Touchy aren't you?
    Reacher's email seems to be special :D - I've had friends onto me this evening wondering if my email is down as well
    edit: realised maybe why - if you have logged in previously, it should be okay - happened me, people were on here saying it was down, but mine wasn't because I had already logged in

Precisely.

• Advertisement

Touchy aren't you?

...no? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

UCC Memes are class!

EDIT: Where have they gone?!

UCC Memes are class!

EDIT: Where have they gone?!

Memes???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Memes???

Facebook memes page apparently deleted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

It's ruined my weekend. They were fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Anyone know the reason why it's gone?

Excuse my ignorance - what exactly are memes??

Excuse my ignorance - what exactly are memes??

Broadly. http://www.google.ie/search?q=memes&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=zvE2T-e8CcSAhQeQ3fzwAQ&biw=1366&bih=705&sei=1_E2T-6ZNpSAhQe49tijAg

The You Laugh You Lose thread over on Cool Pics is chock full of them.

The Facebook site was awesome, shame it's gone.

Broadly. http://www.google.ie/search?q=memes&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=zvE2T-e8CcSAhQeQ3fzwAQ&biw=1366&bih=705&sei=1_E2T-6ZNpSAhQe49tijAg

The You Laugh You Lose thread over on Cool Pics is chock full of them.

The Facebook site was awesome, shame it's gone.

Ah sure now, I know them pictures as a different name - can't think of what though, it will come to me!

• Advertisement

Ah sure now, I know them pictures as a different name - can't think of what though, it will come to me!

...umm...pictures?

Advertisement