Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Broadly. http://www.google.ie/search?q=memes&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=zvE2T-e8CcSAhQeQ3fzwAQ&biw=1366&bih=705&sei=1_E2T-6ZNpSAhQe49tijAg

The You Laugh You Lose thread over on Cool Pics is chock full of them.

The Facebook site was awesome, shame it's gone.

Kind of. The term "meme" was actually coined by Richard Dawkins in his book, The Selfish Gene.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Anyone know the reason why it's gone?

My guess is that it had something to do with the phrase "Nice day".

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

Hopefully the standard of memes will rise.. some of the ones on the new page are poor enough. I think half a year of 9gag101 is needed! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Anyone on campus internet (I'm in Vic Lodge), do ye know why you can't stream from some websites? The likes of youtube are grand but putlocker won't work. Also sometimes if I try to watch the rte or tg4 players they don't work and keep stopping, and sometimes they do work:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Anyone on campus internet (I'm in Vic Lodge), do ye know why you can't stream from some websites? The likes of youtube are grand but putlocker won't work. Also sometimes if I try to watch the rte or tg4 players they don't work and keep stopping, and sometimes they do work:confused:
    what internet have you?
    if its UPC, you basically share the internet with other customers around you. so you could have full speed at around 5am because hardly anyone will be online, but at 6pm around college, a lot of people will be online and yee share the speed.

if you're in apartments like vic lodge this will almost certainly happen unless they have a very large account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Palytoxin wrote: »

Vic Lodge internet is bloody awful. It's the campus network and it never works. Just sit and let it load, it may do the trick for you then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Maaaaaajor panic, I'm on campus and can't get onto Facebook... Blocked or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Maaaaaajor panic, I'm on campus and can't get onto Facebook... Blocked or what?

...its been blocked since christmas? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Orizio wrote: »
    ...its been blocked since christmas? :confused:

I've never had problems with it?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

boards.ie is one I haven't been able to access, but Facebook is fine...

boards.ie is one I haven't been able to access, but Facebook is fine...

Its always the other way around for me, very odd.

Both Boards and Facebook have been fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Who else can't log into umail?

Are we just meant to presume at this stage that we won't have access to our emails during the weekend?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cian92 wrote: »
    Who else can't log into umail?

Are we just meant to presume at this stage that we won't have access to our emails during the weekend?

I was able to log in yesterday and logged in again around 1pm today, no problems, cannot log in now. Must mean they are doing something with the system during the weekend - its getting pretty annoying though!

I was able to log in yesterday and logged in again around 1pm today, no problems, cannot log in now. Must mean they are doing something with the system during the weekend - its getting pretty annoying though!
    I've been able to log in all weekend, going straight from the Google homepage or through the portal:confused: And I can always get on to facebook on the campus internet, but sometimes boards.ie wont load:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

If any of ye are using google chrome sometimes it will remember your password if you log in several times a day so instead of trying sit.ucc.ie(which is definitely down) try umail.ucc.ie and you could log in straight to your e-mail like I did just there.

Just as regards the facebook/boards thing...I've had no problem with Facebook on any machine but certain machines do not allow me access to boards.Tis a strange one

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

If any of ye are using google chrome sometimes it will remember your password if you log in several times a day so instead of trying sit.ucc.ie(which is definitely down) try umail.ucc.ie and you could log in straight to your e-mail like I did just there.

Just as regards the facebook/boards thing...I've had no problem with Facebook on any machine but certain machines do not allow me access to boards.Tis a strange one

I presume CAS means something like common access system?? I'd normally leave it logged in, but now have two gmail accounts that I cannot link, so have to log into one, then log out, and log into the other

I always go through umail.ucc.ie and that is down as well - this is ridiculous tbh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I presume CAS means something like common access system?? I'd normally leave it logged in, but now have two gmail accounts that I cannot link, so have to log into one, then log out, and log into the other

I always go through umail.ucc.ie and that is down as well - this is ridiculous tbh!!

Why dont you just get everything from your UCC account forwarded??

Why dont you just get everything from your UCC account forwarded??

I won't have the other gmail account for long before it will be handed over to someone else. Easier this way!

• Advertisement

Now facebook won't work on this shít vic lodge internet:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Was thinking about setting up a new soc. A home brewing society. Think it'll go down well? Need 100 names and €100. Don't think there is any other society in Ireland like it. With a strong food science department there it might be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Nervosa wrote: »
    Was thinking about setting up a new soc. A home brewing society. Think it'll go down well? Need 100 names and €100. Don't think there is any other society in Ireland like it. With a strong food science department there it might be good.

You'll be shot down without a second thought. As it's an alcohol based activity, they'll reject the application.

Edit: wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Nervosa wrote: »

i'd support it. they actually do brew beer in the food science building!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

// Shameless self promotion:

The Elec. Eng open day is on tomorrow. Loads of really interesting projects on this year including my own maze solving robot. Come along and check them out if you are interested.

...is umail down again?

Grand for me. Signed in and out okay.

Getting a 404. :(

• Advertisement

Like the very good rebel_girl_15 uses,

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/umail.ucc.ie

Seems in working order and is fine for me.

Advertisement