Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Attention all first years!! This applies to you and ONLY YOU!

353yw2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Oh Byron, man after my own heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

So clubs day yesterday..... missed that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Nervosa wrote: »
    So clubs day yesterday..... missed that one!

you an still sign up online afaik!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Anyone else have trouble with computers in the library today?? They were really slow and I couldn't get into student portal. Couple of others around me seemed to be having the same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Anyone happen to know where the poker is being held tonight??

They sent out an e-mail telling us the times but not the place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Anyone happen to know where the poker is being held tonight??

They sent out an e-mail telling us the times but not the place :P

"UCC Pokersoc AGM tonight at 6:00 in Electrical engineering L1! Followed at around 6:30 by our first tournament of the year!! Hope to see you all there!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

ciaradx wrote: »
    Anyone else have trouble with computers in the library today?? They were really slow and I couldn't get into student portal. Couple of others around me seemed to be having the same problem.

Yeah they were taking ages to "log off". I ended up grabbing another computer after a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Byron85 wrote: »
    Yeah they were taking ages to "log off". I ended up grabbing another computer after a few minutes.

They are left on the whole time - need to be switched off now and then. What I end up doing is a hard restart, and it seems to work most times!

After months of searching Daft, my girlfriend and I have found a place and are moving in together in November. Giant sigh of relief!

• Advertisement

Nervosa wrote: »
    After months of searching Daft, my girlfriend and I have found a place and are moving in together in November. Giant sigh of relief!

Mistake no. 1. ;) Just kidding. Well done on getting a place.

Mistake no. 1. ;) Just kidding. Well done on getting a place.

Yea it's gonna be a sweet set up. It's just the two of us but we got a 3 bed house on the cheap, 1 double and 2 single.

Gonna turn one of the singles into a study! I have a projector too so movie nights every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I have a question about extra credit modules but I didn't want to start a new thread about it so I said I'd ask it here! :) How exactly does extra credit work in UCC? I searched the UCC website for something about but there doesn't seem to be anything. Is it similar to the way it is in the Leaving Cert where, out of your 7 subjects they take the 6 highest scoring ones or does it mean that if I fail a 5 credit module this will take its place? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Crosswalk wrote: »
    I have a question about extra credit modules but I didn't want to start a new thread about it so I said I'd ask it here! :) How exactly does extra credit work in UCC? I searched the UCC website for something about but there doesn't seem to be anything. Is it similar to the way it is in the Leaving Cert where, out of your 7 subjects they take the 6 highest scoring ones or does it mean that if I fail a 5 credit module this will take its place? Any ideas?

Have you actually succeeded in registering for more than 60 credits? Apparently it borders on the impossible. Highly anti-intellectual and anti-academic that they won't allow you to take extra course. In good old Trinners you can take any exam you want from a list of relevant courses and your results are a sum of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭deisedude

Crosswalk wrote: »

Which course is it? The learning Irish one or that science one William Reville spams our inboxes with every year

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Oh no!! I've broken UCC! :p It's actually one for second and third year history students; HI0090: Personal Development. It must be the same kind of thing as a university-wide one I'm assuming?

My first thought would be no. You have your 60 credits already I'm assuming? I think this class is just a beneficiary addition. Unless you ask the course co-ordinator?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lady Gagarin

I just graduated from history this year but I never heard of HI0090 being offered to us so I don't know anything about it. But, if it's anything like a university-wide module, you cannot replace another subject with it. I did UW0002 last year and got a high grade in it but it didn't count towards my final degree.

Best to just ask your year's coordinator.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

.. .. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

That180Guy wrote: »
    I can't recommend the bathroom in the Elec Eng building highly enough, the Boole toilets can go die though

That was s nice secert we once had. Now we'll have arts students coming over to use our clean facilities. Bad enough we have to share the building with energy and even civil, without having every other student in UCC wondering in and out to use the toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

That was s nice secert we once had. Now we'll have arts students coming over to use our clean facilities. Bad enough we have to share the building with energy and even civil, without having every other student in UCC wondering in and out to use the toilet.

I'll edit the post & you the quote then lol

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm sure there is a thread on here about the best and worst toliets in UCC - too lazy to go and search for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

That180Guy wrote: »
    I'll edit the post & you the quote then lol

I was only messing about, although I should have thrown a simile in there somewhere to make that clear. No need to edit your post. :p

Folks,

Many moons ago I heard something about a "postgraduate library". Does this exist or am I slowly but surely going insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Folks,

Many moons ago I heard something about a "postgraduate library". Does this exist or am I slowly but surely going insane?

It exists.

And perchance, what's its location?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

And perchance, what's its location?

Classified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Folks,

it's just the regular library. well, technically I suppose it's the fancy new entrance to the 'old' library. it's not a separate building or anything like the name would indicate.

deRanged wrote: »
    it's just the regular library. well, technically I suppose it's the fancy new entrance to the 'old' library. it's not a separate building or anything like the name would indicate.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post it! :P

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Classified.

You're so cool Orizio.

Advertisement