Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

You're so cool Orizio.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

You know when you say a word too many times and it stops making sense? Yeah, I think that just happened with my Reformation essay title. My brain hurts. Oh the trials and tribulation of being a history student! Damn ye science students with your empirical evidence and exactness! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

That the third year module? Turgid stuff. I was carrying too many credits so I was more than excited to offload it.

Can someone give me directions to the Farm from UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Orizio wrote: »
    Can someone give me directions to the Farm from UCC?

Number 8 bus!! get off a the stop after he turns around at the roundabout the far side of bishopstown :)

You're not playing there this weekend by any chance are ya??

• Advertisement

Any chance of walking directions?

And yeah.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Any chance of walking directions?

And yeah.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103164834730537902397.00047b4d34e6b3d17d890&ll=51.901283,-8.476982&spn=0.074143,0.145912&z=12&source=embed is close enough, not 100% sure

Looks like about an hours walk, to get out there from college - would probably be better off getting the bus!

Yeah I'll just grab the bus altogether, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

Where are Muskerry Villas just out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Beside the Connolly building, across from the River Lee hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

Beside the Connolly building, across from the River Lee hotel.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Has anyone here ever done UW0002? Whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

ciaradx wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever done UW0002? Whats it like?

Haven't done it, but if it's the same it is in medicine (which, as it has the same name, i'll presume it is) it's quite the easy module :)

Folks,

At postgraduate level, does the 200 above/below word count come into account? I'm above so I'm curious if it's allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Why does every book/journal article I'm looking for have to have vanished from Q+2?! In the website it says there is loads of them but when one goes to find these 10 copies supposed to be there, voila...none seem to be there. I also highly doubt all 10 are being used today. Stupid library :mad:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Why does every book/journal article I'm looking for have to have vanished from Q+2?! In the website it says there is loads of them but when one goes to find these 10 copies supposed to be there, voila...none seem to be there. I also highly doubt all 10 are being used today. Stupid library :mad:

try online for the journal articles! Go onto here and click journals portal, and you can search for them online

No male toilets on the ground floor of the library? That's sexist. I'm making a complaint.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

There arne't enough toilets in the library to begin with anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Anybody know what the protocol is for getting them to move a copy of McMurry (Organic Chemistry) from boole to brookefield? The boole has about 10 copies and brookefield only has one mickey mouse summary copy, and I'm sick of having to walk from victoria cross to boole on a thursday night to finish off a lab report:D

Lads, are Leaving Certs allowed in the library? 0.o

• Advertisement

Lads, are Leaving Certs allowed in the library? 0.o

I think there was some programme allowing Leaving Cert students into the library, but I saw a notice in school a few days ago that their study area is in the Kampus Kitchen

I think there was some programme allowing Leaving Cert students into the library, but I saw a notice in school a few days ago that their study area is in the Kampus Kitchen

Well across from me on Q+1, I see two Leaving Certs. Well I think they are because one is reading from an orange Less Stress More Success. Another has what looks like a Leaving Cert maths book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Well across from me on Q+1, I see two Leaving Certs. Well I think they are because one is reading from an orange Less Stress More Success. Another has what looks like a Leaving Cert maths book.

How do they get in their with no ucc student card??

closeline wrote: »

I dont know. Hence my shock at seeing them. They were defo LC's because I saw a Less Stress More Success, a Leaving Cert English poetry book, French homework and a Maths book.

closeline wrote: »

They have to sign up to be allowed access - they are given a card afaik to allow them access the library. Its a scheme to try and entice LC students to the college over any other college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

They have to sign up to be allowed access - they are given a card afaik to allow them access the library. Its a scheme to try and entice LC students to the college over any other college

Fair enough. It kinda annoys me though if you forget your card it takes a lot for them to let you in.

Anyone know when the main rest closes this week?

Classified.

How do you mean Reacher?

• Advertisement

Classified.
    Classified.
    How do you mean Reacher?

I'm taking the piss. I was copying your reply from before. I don't know when it closes.

Advertisement