Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just found this: Race of Champions.

I presume it'll only work on fairly high end devices but it's very addictive. Some problems loading the data file so it's mirrored here.
    Deadly graphics. Getting it now. Best get me charger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Apologies if this has been mentioned but I just got light flow https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflow&hl=en&pli=1#?purchaseButton=jt4tywubTFxzBOtlwIWsuPlhY0U%3D

It uses your phones LED light (if you have one) to tell you about notifications at a glance, you can change the colour depending on the notification ie, by default missed call is a red light, twitter is a blue light. You can set the light to pulse or stay on, handy to tell at a glance if there is anything you want to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

JaxtrSMS

Free texting worldwide to any number apparently. This requires some investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have downloaded it & will test it later today.Will report back. Reviews are somewhat mixed and it downloads as a beta app. Registration was easy and confirmation text came through no problem. A good start. Time will tell.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I have just discovered Timeriffic - you can time your profiles to change for work/weekend etc. Lots of options, like a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

niallo24 wrote: »
    Any apps to increase the volume of mp3 playback?

Volume+ FREE

works for me on my Desire S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Airdroid is just class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Auvers wrote: »
    Airdroid is just class

Now thats a nice app!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have downloaded it & will test it later today.Will report back. Reviews are somewhat mixed and it downloads as a beta app. Registration was easy and confirmation text came through no problem. A good start. Time will tell.......

Well, I sent 3 txts to Uk this evening and all were delivered. There is no delivery report option in this app.Also sent a txt to the OH and she told me there was a load of sh*te after the msg.:(. Will have to check with Three later to see if they have charged me for the international txts.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

World of goo is now out - I think only for tablets. Wouldn't offer to install itself on my Nexus One, only on the Asus Transformer. Great little game. There's a free demo as well. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.twodboy.worldofgoofull&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS50d29kYm95Lndvcmxkb2Znb29mdWxsIl0.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

any one know of a dialer/incoming call app that will do number analysis on unknown numbers? For example to tell me the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

MiCr0 wrote: »
    any one know of a dialer/incoming call app that will do number analysis on unknown numbers? For example to tell me the country.

Working on something like that at the minute. PM me what you like to see and I'll see about putting it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Auvers wrote: »
    Airdroid is just class

For people who don't know what this is. Its an app you that you can organise shyte on the phone over wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

seanybiker wrote: »
    For people who don't know what this is. Its an app you that you can organise shyte on the phone over wifi.

Just read about it yesterday on AndroidPolice, seems like Logmein but the other way around......must try it!

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I`ve got one for ya`s, you know the way when you turn on a pc/laptop and you`ve a NAS as well, it turns on as well, is there an app out there I can access the NAS like I would when I turn a pc/laptop on?

As it is now I can only access the NAS when my laptop is one, but not when it is off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Have downloaded this, it seems grand but I just don't think id have any use for it.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Have downloaded this, it seems grand but I just don't think id have any use for it.
    woukdnt use it meself just said what it was cos the original poster said it was good without telling us what it does lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

woukdnt use it meself just said what it was cos the original poster said it was good without telling us what it does lol.

I like to stimulate your cusiosity! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Thought this would be the best place to ask, I keep getting notifications for an x-ray app on my phone which when you click on takes you to a website you can sign up for free apps (for a monthly fee obviously...)

the notification is like a little white and orange star, anyone any ideas what is causing it and which offending app to remove?!

on a side not the notification has an optout message - which is conveniently off screen...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

eoferrall wrote: »
    Thought this would be the best place to ask, I keep getting notifications for an x-ray app on my phone which when you click on takes you to a website you can sign up for free apps (for a monthly fee obviously...)

the notification is like a little white and orange star, anyone any ideas what is causing it and which offending app to remove?!

on a side not the notification has an optout message - which is conveniently off screen...:mad:

I was getting this yesterday and today myself. As the web page opens, for a second it said "MP3 download" something. I think it's that MP3 downloader app that's in the top apps in the market. I've uninstalled it.

Feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

I had a similar problem and someone recommeded to install AirPush Detector. It detected an app that was generating the notifications so I deleted the app and they have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

baraca wrote: »
    Funny that i'm using the sensation an it's fine

Did you have to do anything special to get it working on your Sensation? Won't work on mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

budgemook wrote: »

I was getting this yesterday and today myself. As the web page opens, for a second it said "MP3 download" something. I think it's that MP3 downloader app that's in the top apps in the market. I've uninstalled it.

Feckers!
    That is correct, that's the app

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Dave147 wrote: »
    That is correct, that's the app

Yep happened to me too, deleted it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Just deleted that, never used it just downloaded it and never got around to checking it out.

Thanks lads!

Ok I have deleated that app as i was getting that spam also, so now whats the best app for free music download?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Chu Chu Rocket

Goodbye productivity

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Ok I have deleated that app as i was getting that spam also, so now whats the best app for free music download?

GTunes??

• Advertisement

culsoh wrote: »
    GTunes??

Can't find this on the market.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement