Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

MixZing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

errlloyd wrote: »
    MixZing

JazMag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any apps for the golf updates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

RockPlayer - Play avis without having to put them through a converter.
    It's ad supported but if that bugs you, you can buy it for $9.99.
    I've been messing about with it today and it seems pretty good.

Finally I have a phone that can play AVIs as good as my ancient O2 XDA Mini II :D (the O2 was out before the iPhone and it could play video with TCMP without converting).

Converting them has always annoyed me (because I normally forget to convert until I want to watch something on my phone). Now it's just copy to phone and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

RasTa wrote: »

I don't know of any specific golf apps but usually if I want to keep and eye on the scores I'll just use jaertel. http://mobile.pga.com/ is also very good as well and quicker with updates. Pity the R&A havent been bothered to do a mobile version of their own site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I used to use Camera FX all the time, but now Camera Illusion has stolen its thunder entirely. Particularly the dice button which gives you a random combination of effect, filter and mask, and the Ascii filter especially :D Infinite geeky amusement at looking at the screen to see the world around you rendered in real time ascii art style :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Dave147 wrote: »
    Just installed Market Enabler there and was about to get setup with Google checkout etc and maybe buy a couple of apps, but it's just so ****ing tedious I cba, first of all Google Checkout is complete ****, I cannot use a gmail account, I cannot use my current mail account, it's a ****ing disgrace that we can't just buy apps with the click of a button.
    It's an area that could do with improvement to be sure. One click would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I used to use Camera FX all the time, but now Camera Illusion has stolen its thunder entirely. Particularly the dice button which gives you a random combination of effect, filter and mask, and the Ascii filter especially :D Infinite geeky amusement at looking at the screen to see the world around you rendered in real time ascii art style :D

Try Camera 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

Tried out Antennas handy for discovering where your nearest masts are.
    used it on my Desire and it worked fine, turn back settings to 2g only though for best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

RasTa wrote: »

The Golf Channel app is very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Really need to get paid apps sorted in Ireland. Getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

chrislad wrote: »
    Really need to get paid apps sorted in Ireland. Getting ridiculous at this stage.

It's getting ridiculous now. They just opened it up to South Korea but no sign of anything happening for us yet.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Makes me feel less guilty for taking the apps for free elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Makes me feel less guilty for taking the apps for free elsewhere

Any chance you could PM me the site were you get them free if it's not allowed to be posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'm quite happy now.. I have a Paid and Free filter on the marketplace from faking T-Mobile USA. Bought a few apps yesterday, and bought SNESoid today. Got JuiceDefender and the accompanying paid app Ultimate Juice. Haven't used it yet, will report back with a verdict.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Sherifu wrote: »
    It's an area that could do with improvement to be sure. One click would be sweet.
    What do you mean one click? Once you link your google checkout account it essentially is one click.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Baza210 wrote: »
    What do you mean one click? Once you link your google checkout account it essentially is one click.
    Access to paid apps without having to use MarketAccess or MarketEnabler or UK sims. It's certainly not 1 click for me at the moment with all this messing around. Hurry up Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

lord lucan wrote: »
    It's getting ridiculous now. They just opened it up to South Korea but no sign of anything happening for us yet.:(
    Is there any reason why you can't get paid apps in Ireland yet? Have they just not bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

I think Awesome Drop is pretty cool. Drag and drop files on to your phone using only your browser. No account needed.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.dashwire.drop
    http://totalsmartphone.net/2010/07/awesome-app-awesome-drop/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Does the app need to be installed on Phone and PC??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Nope, all you need is the app installed on your phone, and your browser/internet connection.

1) Open the app - it asks for a pin
    2) Go to the website labs.dashwire.com - it will generate a 4 digit pin
    3) Enter the pin on your phone's app
    4) Your browser will update to reveal a box where you can drag files
    5) The files start to transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

WOW!! Very very impressed lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Awesome Drop: That is really smart! Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

Wow, I'm very impressed with awesome drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Just found a deadly application for those of us with phones that lack a dedicated camera button. It's called Button Shortcut, and it allows you to select an application to launch when you long-press the Search button. By default in >2.1 it is voice search, but I don't use that feature very often so I now have long-Search set to start the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

After reading Baza210s post above I thought the Voice search would be cool

The instructions are here.

http://nimbu.amorvi.com/2010/04/add-full-voice-to-text-to-htc-desire/

It works quite well. You can use it to search Google or compose your text / email messages.

Edit: Regarding Krustys post (below), I'm using 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

timetogo wrote: »
    After reading Baza210s post above I thought the Voice search would be cool

The instructions are here.

http://nimbu.amorvi.com/2010/04/add-full-voice-to-text-to-htc-desire/

It works quite well. You can use it to search Google or compose your text / email messages.
    I'm getting a force close on Froyo.
    *Edit*: Get a newer version of voicesearch.apk and it works fine. I extracted voicesearch.apk from the zip file linked in the forum, copied it over and installed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

6ix,

After a transfer has completed I expected to be able to tap on the green box on my SGS screen with the filename on it and it would open the file but when I try to do that the screen goes black for a second then an icon pops up saying "file not found". Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

EDIT: I need to learn to read. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement