Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

A great notes app is Springpad, it syncs with a website so you can add notes on a PC and they go to your phone, the bookmark feature is very handy,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭SteM

Anyone come across an app to show you ATM locations based on your location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

SteM wrote: »

Not sure any will work in Ireland, but heres a few

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gryzor wrote: »
    Not sure any will work in Ireland, but heres a few

I use Bank & ATM finder. Works grand here.

I also use Google Places Directory,covers ATM's,Hotels,Pubs,Petrol Stations etc.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.google.android.apps.localdirectory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭long_b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I just got swype and find it very cool.

Rock DivX is great as well.

SNESoid is a nice SNES emulator, there seems to be a few different emulators around so I'll try some more out.

Does anybody know of a nice wikipedia app? I had wikipanion on the iPhone and found it much easier to use than the wikipedia mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Google maps? Just search for ATM and you'll get a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Kindle's pretty nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Layar does it augmented reality style :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

hardCopy wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a nice wikipedia app?

Wapedia, does what it says on the tin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Wapedia, does what it says on the tin...

Yea, I find Wapedia the best. Nice, clean and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

hardCopy wrote: »
    I just got swype and find it very cool.

Where did you get it? Their website is saying the Beta is closed for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

What navigation app would you guys recommend? I want something that doesn't need a constant net connection.

Is there an app that let's you update the map while on Wifi and still have the maps saved when offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

See first post in the swype thread on this forum. Its an unofficial hack from an earlier beta, works fine for me. When the full release comes out and we get paid apps I'll happily buy a full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055937674&highlight=swype

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

KamiKazi wrote: »
    What navigation app would you guys recommend? I want something that doesn't need a constant net connection.

I'm using Copilot. It's £26.99 for UK & Ireland maps.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and am happy with it.

You don't need to be online to use it. I've no idea about upgrading the maps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Is there an app that let's you update the map while on Wifi and still have the maps saved when offline?

I installed mapdroid and it works very well - like the nokia ovi maps.

Caveat is, it doesn't do navigation, or have the "places" such as petrol station, cinema etc built in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

nereid wrote: »
    I installed mapdroid and it works very well - like the nokia ovi maps.

Caveat is, it doesn't do navigation, or have the "places" such as petrol station, cinema etc built in.

Well basically I just want something I can use when on the bike without relying on a 3g connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Another Great App for those people who take notes on there phone is SPRINGPAD, if you are noting an Album or a Movie you can tag it to its IMDB record so the cover info is shown for the note, it also comes with a website that sync's with your app so you can add notes on your phone froma PC,

http://springpadit.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

stackeye wrote: »
    Another Great App for those people who take notes on there phone is SPRINGPAD, if you are noting an Album or a Movie you can tag it to its IMDB record so the cover info is shown for the note, it also comes with a website that sync's with your app so you can add notes on your phone froma PC,

http://springpadit.com

3Banana is another app like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Well basically I just want something I can use when on the bike without relying on a 3g connection.

Navigon also do a free 30 day full trial. I havent tried it yet, waiting for my trip to England next month ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Whats the best app for doing lists? I want to be able to compile lists & check off items that have been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

Whats the best app for doing lists? I want to be able to compile lists & check off items that have been completed.[/QU
    OTE]

Check out Colour note. Think its spelt color on the market. It's very basic.its like a sticky notepad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Whats the best app for doing lists? I want to be able to compile lists & check off items that have been completed.
    OI Shopping List. Excellent. Just compile your lists and then tick them off. You can shake the phone to clear the ticked items from the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Lads, has anyone used launcher pro. Its bloody amazing. Sorry if its been mentioned already. Rid your desire of sense if you are so inclined, which i am. Fully customizable from 3d app drawer to 5 icons. Clear off the notification panel and get rid of the sense dock or any dock for that matter. Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

OI wrote: »
    Lads, has anyone used launcher pro. Its bloody amazing. Sorry if its been mentioned already. Rid your desire of sense if you are so inclined, which i am. Fully customizable from 3d app drawer to 5 icons. Clear off the notification panel and get rid of the sense dock or any dock for that matter. Cool.

No, but I'm tempted to run it on a 2.2 ROM...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Rom manager is awesome.Rom swapping all over the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Some recommendations;
    - Movies by flixter - good movie guide, trailers, local cinema listings etc.
    - Dropbox - Access files from anywhere. Cloud storage I suppose.
    - Soundhound - A better music identify app than Shazam I find.
    - Trapster - Database of speed traps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

New IMDb (Internet Movie Database) app available on the marketplace. Handy for settleing pub movie arguments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

New IMDb (Internet Movie Database) app available on the marketplace. Handy for settleing pub movie arguments.

nice one, been waiting for this one...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement