Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

poppysox wrote: »
    what muppets we can all look forward to looking like.....

I'm assuming people openly laugh? :(

Oh yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭poppysox

psni wrote: »
    Oh yes.

oh well, you can hardly blame them.................

i'd laugh too

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

poppysox wrote: »
    oh well, you can hardly blame them.................

i'd laugh too

And whats better is everybody has to form up at the same spot and you march by class. So you'll be standing there forming up with all your fellow students pointing and laughing at how crap you all march :D

BoutYe wrote: »
    And whats better is everybody has to form up at the same spot and you march by class. So you'll be standing there forming up with all your fellow students pointing and laughing at how crap you all march :D

oh you guys are really selling it to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

Anyone care to estimate how many people from the merit list will be eliminated through the medical and vetting? Going crazy trying to work out how many people have to go before I get a call :D
    Unfortunately I am in the 700s :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

Adolphus wrote: »
    Anyone care to estimate how many people from the merit list will be eliminated through the medical and vetting? Going crazy trying to work out how many people have to go before I get a call :D
    Unfortunately I am in the 700s :(

Keep the faith Adolphus. From what I've seen from old campaigns on this forum that is still a getting in score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

cduck wrote: »
    Keep the faith Adolphus. From what I've seen from old campaigns on this forum that is still a getting in score.

Thank you, I am remaining positive. It is the uncertainty and not knowing that is driving me crazy. I would much prefer a firm yes/no answer to this process.............well mostly yes and perhaps less of no :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sassanoodle

Adolphus wrote: »
    Thank you, I am remaining positive. It is the uncertainty and not knowing that is driving me crazy. I would much prefer a firm yes/no answer to this process.............well mostly yes and perhaps less of no :D

Yeah I have to agree with that Adolphus. I am actually more anxious now that I know my score, I am a bit like you I wish they would give us a yes or no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

I too agree with Adolphus a .. it'd be nice to get an answer soon so that it's not all worrying and anxiety as my score wasn't that high either.. good luck to us all i say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

rashe591 wrote: »
    I too agree with Adolphus a .. it'd be nice to get an answer soon so that it's not all worrying and anxiety as my score wasn't that high either.. good luck to us all i say :)

Seems that worry and anxiety are the two most commonly used word on this form mate:)

I'd say settle in for the long haul and try not to get too hung up on this process (easy to say I know as I feel the same as you do!).

Make sure to apply for the next campaign in 2010 as it seems that you need to keep all the options open until you get the magical call from appointments:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Assuming there is a campaign in 2010 does anyone know how many positions there may be ? Some previous posts suggest a much reduced level of recruitment after the current campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

delancey42 wrote: »
    Assuming there is a campaign in 2010 does anyone know how many positions there may be ? Some previous posts suggest a much reduced level of recruitment after the current campaign.

I heard it could be as low as 50 to be trained in 2011. Four factors I reckon may impact on this would be:
    1. How many go through training in 2010;
    2. What happens to the PSNI reserve;
    3. If 50:50 recruitment is binned.
    4. Will the training centre need to close for a while to allow staff to transfer to the new site if and when they ever dig a sod!

Just my thoughts on it. I am not in the know by any stretch of the imagination. Sadly I just pick up on any rumour, add 2 and 2 and get 7 (most people usually get 5 but I dare to be different). :D

delancey42 wrote: »

I read an article on the net the other day which seemed to suggest next year will be a full intake i.e. 440 places

From 2011 onward when the 50:50 stops (the article mentioned the end of this in 2011 but don't be quoting me....I'm just the messenger!) the yearly intake will be about 100 to cover retirement and natural wastage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 robag

just received my feedback report for the assessment centre from deloitte. bit of a surprise as i wasn't expecting it until January!! i suppose its not very important now because we've all found out our merit numbers, but always good to see what we can improve on. seems i did pretty well though, all 8s and 9s!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

robag wrote: »
    just received my feedback report for the assessment centre from deloitte. bit of a surprise as i wasn't expecting it until January!! i suppose its not very important now because we've all found out our merit numbers, but always good to see what we can improve on. seems i did pretty well though, all 8s and 9s!

I'll check if I have mine when I get home. Apparently it is scored out of 70 so any score in the mid 50s was previously considered good. A bit of an anti-climax though as we know merit listings etc.

Those are great scores mate well done:D

Wat was your merit score?

merit is between 100 - 120 non rc, first time going through the rigmarole of this process so I'm pretty pleased with that!

merit is between 100 - 120 non rc, first time going through the rigmarole of this process so I'm pretty pleased with that!

Great merit score mate you'll definately be getting a call at some stage:D

thanks for your optimism man, though i'm not gonna get my hopes up as I feel I my vetting will be pretty borderline. anyways gotta go to work here, well done to everyone, theres some very good scores being posted!

I got my feeback as well, all 9's and 10's although it doesn't really matter as much now that we've all got our merit scores

• Advertisement

Does the feedback give just scores out of 10 or does it have comments ,e.g.'' candidate was good at this , crap at that , '' etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kazo

It's very generic to be honest. Not a great deal of detail. It's all academic now though since we have our merit scores.

Russler wrote: »
    I read an article on the net the other day which seemed to suggest next year will be a full intake i.e. 440 places

From 2011 onward when the 50:50 stops (the article mentioned the end of this in 2011 but don't be quoting me....I'm just the messenger!) the yearly intake will be about 100 to cover retirement and natural wastage.

Be great to think there would be 440 chances for those unlucky this time around .
    I wouldn't hold my breath for 50/50 to be abolished , the Police have to achieve and maintain a certain level of RC / Non RC representation. Maintain is the important word in this context so therefore a ' modified ' 50/50 may still apply.
    Just my opinion :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sassanoodle

hey got my feedback today, was quite shocked at the marks in a good way. But it is very generic. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ra88

Can someone help out a 1st time applier here, I have received my feedback on the assessment centre today, obviously it has given me my score out of a possible 10 on each bit, but how do I work out this mystery "merit" scoring? is it just the points scored added up? Ahh..confused. Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bigusredus

Ra88 That score out of 70 gives you a result for your own ability on your performance on assessment day.Merit score is comprised by appointments on how well everyone did from best to worst, merit score can only be got by calling appointments on Monday.THEY'LL sort you out with your merit list placing.The closer to 70 the better i scored 60 and have a merit placing of between 65 and 80 if that helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 hotfuzz

And the wait goes on.... Anybody want to bet on Monday for the next round of calls?!

Sorry can't afford to lose any more money betting on when calls go out !

I got the call today :D:D:D:D

Start in January.......so delighted!!:D:D

Good luck everyone, hopefully some of you will be my squad mates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VictorRolf

i wish santa would have a transfer from the Gardaí into the PSNI in his Santa bag, maybe next year eh. i check this forum everyday to see how all you guys are all getting on, i dont know why cause im dead jealous of yous all. congrats poppy i hope it all goes well for you and i hope everyone elses dreams come true and all your hard work pays off

Advertisement