Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options
  • 19-08-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi

Thought I'd start a new thread for all those who have passed the medical and are waiting on the merit list/call for the March 2009 campaign.

I got my medical pass letter yesterday so can't wait now until the end of September to find out my merit place and them settle in for the 'long wait' for a call:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

theres already a waiting room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

I know mate :D.

Was trying to sort out the new campaign 'waiters' from the guy's from the previous campaigns as it all gets a bit confusing around here:rolleyes:

When I first came on here and saw people talking about October intake I near shat meself! I thought fook me that's quick:confused: til I discovered they were from last years campaign:rolleyes:

Just wanna try and make it easy for us March 2009 newbies to find out what the heck is going on in PSNI recruitment land!

only jesting ya matey, you'll make us c14ers feel left out though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ImpRex

Good idea to have a separate section for c15 - it's all a bit unwieldy and to be honest I find solid information hard to find.
    You can always ask but that just generates more replies :D

Will we find out merit places in September though? I assumed it would be November before everyone was marked and Deloitte sent out the results/merit scores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

ImpRex wrote: »
    Good idea to have a separate section for c15 - it's all a bit unwieldy and to be honest I find solid information hard to find.

Will we find out merit places in September though? I assumed it would be November before everyone was marked and Deloitte sent out the results/merit scores?

Yeah, everyone is talking September, but Deloitte clearly said November. Hoping for an envelope on the 1st of September is asking for a whole lot of pain I think, so I'm not even going to consider it arriving any earlier than November.

And I think everyone, including myself, needs to take a tall glass of chill the hell out. There seems to be no order or pattern to the whole process. If you haven't received a pass letter or vetting forms or a medical yet or any strange and unique combination of the fore mentioned don't panic, you haven't received a dear John either. I now have this image in my head of a couple of old crusty teacher/examiners locked in a room and someone just coming in and dumping another random pile of applications on the towering unordered pile surrounding them.

cduck out...
    ...and sipping on my own tall glass as I do

• Advertisement

merit list is out in september i think. it doesnt get posted out to you though, i think you have to phone. november is when you'll receive your detailed feeback from the AC, this will give you a breakdown of each roleplay etc and a score aswell overall. handy to have and to bear in mind for the next campaign you go through

ImpRex wrote: »

Thanks mate....I found it really confusing when I first came on here as there are so many campaigns and intake dates and some people are waiting word from last year and this year:eek:

Hope to hear about more people who've passed everything and are waiting for the call also:D

Also to let you know I called recruitment branch on Tuesday and they said Doilette wouldn't be sending the merit list to them until late September. We get the AC feedback in October/November and the first intake is December/January (according to the Doilette website anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

bc84 wrote: »
    merit list is out in september i think. it doesnt get posted out to you though, i think you have to phone. november is when you'll receive your detailed feeback from the AC, this will give you a breakdown of each roleplay etc and a score aswell overall. handy to have and to bear in mind for the next campaign you go through

That's defo going to be some painful reading :( Useful for next campaign like you say tho

cduck wrote: »
    Yeah, everyone is talking September, but Deloitte clearly said November. Hoping for an envelope on the 1st of September is asking for a whole lot of pain I think, so I'm not even going to consider it arriving any earlier than November.

And I think everyone, including myself, needs to take a tall glass of chill the hell out. There seems to be no order or pattern to the whole process. If you haven't received a pass letter or vetting forms or a medical yet or any strange and unique combination of the fore mentioned don't panic, you haven't received a dear John either. I now have this image in my head of a couple of old crusty teacher/examiners locked in a room and someone just coming in and dumping another random pile of applications on the towering unordered pile surrounding them.

cduck out...
    ...and sipping on my own tall glass as I do

+1

I'm sure there's a logic to the process and maybe someday we'll find it out. Whatever it is though, you can bet that all of our guesses are wrong.

D'ya recon once the 50/50 stops this whole process will be more straight forward?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VictorRolf

Russler wrote: »
    D'ya recon once the 50/50 stops this whole process will be more straight forward?!

it is impossible to know, its a guessing game! its difficult to say unless it comes from the horses mouth and the horse is just not talking!!!!!! would be nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 erneboy

Hi all,

I have finally found somewhere where there are people in the same boat as me. I was the same as others when I saw October I was thinking this must be wrong. At least now I have a like minded group to whinge to when this takes too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rollinstone

Yup its a long assed wait however don't forget we all started this on the 5th of March so we've been waiting and doing now for the guts of nearly 6 months already, whats a few more months of tedious waiting, best thing for it is just to go on like nothing is happening and then you kind of forget about it and then booom phonecall * you have recieved a training place....... * and the rest will be gucci history :)

I'm guessing this thread will get a whole lot busier come the end of September when we know our merit socore placings;)

Until then I'll just have to sit tight with my bum hole going like this - o O o O o O o O - in nervous anticipation:D

I'm guessing this thread will get a whole lot busier come the end of September when we know our merit socore placings;)

Until then I'll just have to sit tight with my bum hole going like this - o O o O o O o O - in nervous anticipation:D

Dont hold your breath - it will be October/November before we find out placing!

bump^

Can't....take.....all.......this......waiting.....:eek:

Anybody call recruitment today and find out if the merit list is there yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 erneboy

Can't....take.....all.......this......waiting.....:eek:

Anybody call recruitment today and find out if the merit list is there yet?

Go on. Make the call. You know you want to!

erneboy wrote: »
    Go on. Make the call. You know you want to!

I can't bring myself to ring as I know they'll not have it until the end of the month:(

Just trying to bide me time but it's killing me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

I can't bring myself to ring as I know they'll not have it until the end of the month:(

Just trying to bide me time but it's killing me:mad:

New to this whole game. I just called Recruiting. The merit list is not complete as yet but will be available end of September. Merit placings will not be posted out. You will need to call them to find it out.

Shoot - I'm away until 03 Oct and will prob not have access to a phone. I guess I will have to call first thing Mon 05 Oct. Still I guess that means I have only just over 3 weeks to wait. And then probably another 12 months at least (if I'm even luck enough to get a good placing).

Good luck to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

I must have the patience of a saint! hehe I have been waiting for 2007. everything is done but my vetting! So if you are out there, and like me, you are not alone, and if you haven't been waiting for almost 3 years, relax. it will come. It takes a long time, its serious stuff, and they need to do there research on us I guess. I thought about applying again, but I was assured that it was not required, and that your place it held until your vetting is finished. Do any of you lads or lasses have any words of encouragement for little old me? haha. What can we do but get on with things until we get a call or a letter? nose to the grindstone I suppose. Thinking this could be my last year as a civilian and wondering what next year could bring sure brings a smile to my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

I must have the patience of a saint! hehe I have been waiting for 2007. everything is done but my vetting! So if you are out there, and like me, you are not alone, and if you haven't been waiting for almost 3 years, relax. it will come. It takes a long time, its serious stuff, and they need to do there research on us I guess. I thought about applying again, but I was assured that it was not required, and that your place it held until your vetting is finished. Do any of you lads or lasses have any words of encouragement for little old me? haha. What can we do but get on with things until we get a call or a letter? nose to the grindstone I suppose. Thinking this could be my last year as a civilian and wondering what next year could bring sure brings a smile to my face.
    I dont mean to be cruel but surely they have finished with C13 IM probably wrong but wouldnt they have that all wrapped up by now?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

I dont mean to be cruel but surely they have finished with C13 IM probably wrong but wouldnt they have that all wrapped up by now?????
    Apparently they don't. I'm just looking for a little input. It's not cruel but maybe a bit rude. Just want to talk to people like-minded, and equally frustrated. Its tough when you are playing the waiting game. And for me its been a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ThinGreenLine

Apparently they don't. I'm just looking for a little input. It's not cruel but maybe a bit rude. Just want to talk to people like-minded, and equally frustrated. Its tough when you are playing the waiting game. And for me its been a while.

I doubt Slave-to-Sound is trying to be rude (or cruel for that matter). I too wouldve expected campaign 13 to be wrapped up by now. That appears not to be the case however. Call up recruitment and rattle someones cage. They should be able to give you some kind of answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gawa

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere, but how will I find out my merit score (this week hopefully!)?

Also when will we know what merit score will get us into GV for non-RC and RC?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

Campaign 13 was held over 2 years ago.
    What on earth makes you think they would still be offering places to people from that campaign?

440 places for that year, just like all the rest.....

You should really phone if you honestly still believe you're still in the running.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

Gawa wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been covered somewhere, but how will I find out my merit score (this week hopefully!)?

You wont unless you phone recruitment.

Thanks

You wont be told. Unless you know how many are in the merit pool, and how many from each community background you wont know. In other words, you'll have to guess based on word of mouth, friends who find out their merit placing and get offered before you etc.
    (at least thats how it used to be done)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

IM not being rude just honestly surprised that they are still ongoing with that campaign, as I haven't heard of anyone else in same position and C14 is all but wrapped up bar 2-3 more intakes.

Anyway I would give them a ring and let us all know how you get on. Good Luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

0607 wrote: »
    Campaign 13 was held over 2 years ago.
    What on earth makes you think they would still be offering places to people from that campaign?

440 places for that year, just like all the rest.....

You should really phone if you honestly still believe you're still in the running.
    :confused:

If his vetting is still ongoing then it stands to reason that he still has a place. As I recall from C13, medicals and vetting were only really carried out for those who were going to be offered a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Thanks

From watching this forum for nearly two years now and from speaking to others in my squad when I was in G'ville, you will probably be ok if you are a catholic with a score 800 or less. Considering its 50% catholic then 50% other its pretty much a given that if you are in the "other" bracket then you need a much better score

Advertisement