Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 elizabeth2009

ahh im so nervous about finding out my merit number! yikes!! its such a long process! after finding out the merit numbers at the end of the month...is that the end of contact really until you get a call to get offered a place (or not!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

BoutYe wrote: »
    If his vetting is still ongoing then it stands to reason that he still has a place. As I recall from C13, medicals and vetting were only really carried out for those who were going to be offered a place.

They dont take 2 years to process vetting forms.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,714 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

0607 wrote: »

Unfortunately vetting can take years, depending on whether the applicant has lived abroad, and in how many countries. It gets complicated further if there have been matters which require scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gawa

psni wrote: »
    Unfortunately vetting can take years, depending on whether the applicant has lived abroad, and in how many countries. It gets complicated further if there have been matters which require scrutiny.

This is not what I want to hear - I lived abroad for a couple of years, not looking to good for a quick result from the vetting people then....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

0607 wrote: »

Well mine took 9 months and I've lived here all my life with only two addresses. As our friend has llived abroad its no surprise the vetting will take longer.

If he hasnt got a dear John letter he's more than likely still in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonetoosoon

I hear the merit list may not be out until next week or week after that!:(

On the plus side I passed my vetting!:P

Now everything is passed I will get my hopes up before been let down by my merit score! Thats PMA!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bubba1981

Hey Gonetoosoon, great news on passing your vetting!! How did you find out you've passed? Did they contact you or did you ask them??

Bubba1981 wrote: »
    Hey Gonetoosoon, great news on passing your vetting!! How did you find out you've passed? Did they contact you or did you ask them??

I called because I had some details to update and they told me. From reading these threads I thought it would take at least until the new year. I guess it means nothing until the merit list is out but it is just good to know that IF I somehow managed to get a good merit score the vetting would'nt do me over!

Excellent news again matey, it's a big hurdle passed - best of luck in getting a good merit number and an early start in GV! :)

Bubba1981 wrote: »
    Excellent news again matey, it's a big hurdle passed - best of luck in getting a good merit number and an early start in GV! :)

Cheers pal. Best of luck to you too. I was so relaxed throughout this process and now I cannot wait to get my merit score!:o

Are you just waiting on vetting (and merit score)?

• Advertisement

Yeah - got vetting sent off in July and passed the medical at start of August. I'm not holding my breath on a quick clearence on my vetting as my folks moved down south a couple of years - hoping on a good merit score next week to give me peace of mind while vetting is being processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

I hear the merit list may not be out until next week or week after that!:(

On the plus side I passed my vetting!:P

Now everything is passed I will get my hopes up before been let down by my merit score! Thats PMA!:D

Hey gonetoosoon, when did you send your your vetting forms and when did you get the all clear out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

im confused. i thought medicals and vetting were not done until after the merit list was produced. does this mean that i will be getting a rejection letter in the next week or two because i havnt been sent vetting forms or had a medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 adam2695

Not neccessarily mate, it is impossible to know as this process is so random, that their seems to be no structure in the medical and vetting forms. We are just going to have to wait and see the merit list and then you will have a better idea!

cduck wrote: »
    Hey gonetoosoon, when did you send your your vetting forms and when did you get the all clear out of interest?

I sent vetting forms back at the end of July. I only found out I got the all clear because I called to let them know some of my details had changed. I don't know if they would be too pleased about people ringing just to find out if they have cleared vetting although the lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful.

I think they are testing our resilience again with this merit list!:(

And I know I am getting ahead of myself when asking this question but when is the earliest people from C15 are likely to be starting at GV? Just something I was wondering because even if we score high in the merit list I guess we could still be waiting a long long time to get a call!:rolleyes:

Hi, I heard the merit list is out this week...what number do u call to find this out? Also I need to change some information (my address) how do I go about this?

Call recruitment on 90650222 to find out if the merit list is out. I think you can change details through that number as well. If you find out if the merit list is out, give us a shout on the boards so that we can be put out of our misery. I can't get to a phone right now, or else I would try. The phones were off the hook this morning!

Nope just called and its not out yet!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

hey im new to this, have been following the treads tho this past few weeks, i too have done a/c in july, got the letter in august to say passed and not to expect to hear from recruitment anytime before sept, is others in this boat? however i did expect to get a vetting form by now?? i applied to this in the last week of closing application date so do you think this means that you go through everything last in the process?? its soo frustrating waiting, and also, when we hear our merit score sometime this week it doesn't really mean anything does it? do u just try and figure if your score would be good enuf for a place?
    thanks a mill, hope im posting this correct!!:)

siv4444 wrote: »
    hey im new to this, have been following the treads tho this past few weeks, i too have done a/c in july, got the letter in august to say passed and not to expect to hear from recruitment anytime before sept, is others in this boat? however i did expect to get a vetting form by now?? i applied to this in the last week of closing application date so do you think this means that you go through everything last in the process?? its soo frustrating waiting, and also, when we hear our merit score sometime this week it doesn't really mean anything does it? do u just try and figure if your score would be good enuf for a place?
    thanks a mill, hope im posting this correct!!:)
    Welcome to the boards mate. Well considering your merit score, it really depends on what "community" background you are from... For non r/c you should be in with a chance if you are late 200 early 300, but for r/c you could be looking anything up to and beyond 800 from past experience and from looking at the boards.

Me, and a few others are also in the same boat as you. Did the A/C at the beginning of August and recieved the pass letter about a week or so afterwards, then nada, diddly squat!

When people ring up recruitment, they normally post on here what merit score they have got, and then people have a rough idea if they will have any sort of chance or not. Good luck anyway mate, cause we all need it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

Thanks for that, this is my 3rd time going for this but on the previous 2 occasions i failed ac so didnt get this far, however i really thought that this time in ac i did really well so i expected to pass it, but obviously it might not be good enuf score!! we can just live in hope, least if we find out a merit score then we'l have a fair idea and itl take the sting off not having yet recieved vetting!!
    Its soo frustrating when you want something so bad and its all youve ever wanted to do, im sure the majority of you guys are in the boat, give us a chance!!!!!!

adam2695 wrote: »
    Not neccessarily mate, it is impossible to know as this process is so random, that their seems to be no structure in the medical and vetting forms. We are just going to have to wait and see the merit list and then you will have a better idea!

cheers for that. its so disheartening when you read that some people have passed medicals and vetting. i wish they would just take a more systematic approach to things and put us out of our misery! waiting is tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Andy3

siv4444 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, this is my 3rd time going for this but on the previous 2 occasions i failed ac so didnt get this far, however i really thought that this time in ac i did really well so i expected to pass it, but obviously it might not be good enuf score!! we can just live in hope, least if we find out a merit score then we'l have a fair idea and itl take the sting off not having yet recieved vetting!!
    Its soo frustrating when you want something so bad and its all youve ever wanted to do, im sure the majority of you guys are in the boat, give us a chance!!!!!!

I am in exactly the same boat :( two ACs before and passed this one, thought i did really well :( its all i want to do.

First time post!

Yday i got my "dear john" :( gutted. I phoned recruitment and the lady said they were not releasing merit numbers until november.

Roll on the next campaign eh? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mcb2009

I must have the patience of a saint! hehe I have been waiting for 2007. everything is done but my vetting! So if you are out there, and like me, you are not alone, and if you haven't been waiting for almost 3 years, relax. it will come. It takes a long time, its serious stuff, and they need to do there research on us I guess. I thought about applying again, but I was assured that it was not required, and that your place it held until your vetting is finished. Do any of you lads or lasses have any words of encouragement for little old me? haha. What can we do but get on with things until we get a call or a letter? nose to the grindstone I suppose. Thinking this could be my last year as a civilian and wondering what next year could bring sure brings a smile to my face.

Hey Stoic Copper - you really must have serious patience! I'm going crazy after only 6 months (although it feels like a lifetime.) Have you any idea why your vetting is taking so long? I'm freaking out reading this as I have lived in S. America and the US and am terrified it's going to take an age now... That's if I even get in - the recruitment lady has told me they posted letters to everyone last Friday and I should get mine by Wednesday:confused: Wednesday!?! I live in Belfast, how can it take sooo long??

Good to have a bit of moral support from hopefuls in the same boat on here though. Best of luck everyone:)

i just got the call...Im in!! :) Nov intake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 coldrain

got the same call, nov intake also, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Got the old 'your on the merit list' holding letter on Tuesday so now I am actually waiting on the call!:)

Can't believe that they don't have the merit list - mind you how could they be making the first calls with no list to work from?!.....jackanory me thinks;)

I wish they'd just send you out your merit number and have done with it - I would stop us all calling them that's for sure.

Got my letter yesterday to say im on the merit list! was happy at the time but def not looking forward to another agonising wait with the high possibility of a dear john at the end!!!!

Really well done to those who have already got the call! Your so lucky!!!

Just a quick question guys, what is the community background of all the people that got good letters??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Non RC.

Advertisement