Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭poppysox

Thanks Victor, hopefully next year Santa will be good to u :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Well done PoppySox! Enjoy your time at the hotel. Wonder did Russler or any of the others get a call today, been a bit quite round here lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VictorRolf

hopefully ;O) keep the olde nose clean while in there and work hard, its only 6 months of hard word and dedication in exchange for a long fulfilling career. i know a few that were dismissed form hotel GV for various reasons and it broke their hearts. your going to have one hell of a crimbo.

jclegs wrote: »
    Well done PoppySox! Enjoy your time at the hotel. Wonder did Russler or any of the others get a call today, been a bit quite round here lately.

Thanks, yeah it's been dead quiet, I was starting to think they'd scrap the January intake to save some cash.

Finger crossed for calls tomorrow everyone!!! :D

Was starting to worry about that myself, as looking back at last year the forums were buzzing with people who got calls for January. My number is in the 130's so not expecting anything until at least April.

Now get started on reading PSNI's starting at Garneville thread :)

• Advertisement

I had a quick glance at it there and looks very useful but it's gunna take me ages to go through it lol I didn't like to tempt fate and read it before I actually knew I would be starting in Garverville but I'm starting to wish I'd started to read it months ago :rolleyes:

I actually can't wait to hand my notice in now!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Congratulations Poppysox - with that merit score you deserved the call !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 von clinkerhoff

That's fantastic, congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nursey

New to this..but have learned a lot. Congrats poppysox. Wish i was you. What score did you get? Rang today and got merit score of 100s. Medical passed and vetting forms away:confused. whats my chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

nursey wrote: »
    New to this..but have learned a lot. Congrats poppysox. Wish i was you. What score did you get? Rang today and got merit score of 106. Medical passed and vetting forms away:confused. whats my chances?

Thats a good merit score. I would assume you stand a very good chance of getting a call with that score regardless of your background. you just need your vetting to clear and hope you get a call. well done.

Congrats poppysox. Best of Luck to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

poppysox wrote: »
    I got the call today :D:D:D:D

Start in January.......so delighted!!:D:D

Good luck everyone, hopefully some of you will be my squad mates

Congrats poppysox. All the hairy chest for Hotel GV. If you're on the GV bus ask them to stop at Russler's house on the way past as he is going insane waiting!!

Well done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭rio2009

[quote=poppysox;I got the call today :D:D:D:D

Start in January.......so delighted!!:D:D

Good luck everyone, hopefully some of you will be my squad mates

Congrats poppysox best of luck.
    Just got my med pass letter in post today vetting sent off a month ago so the long wait begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭jonnym61

Congrats Poppysox!!

After reading this i have been chceking my phone every 5 minutes to check its till working! Not that im expecting a call any time soon, if at all but im quite obsessed with it now lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pcpete2009

I am in

Start Jan!!!

Well done PCpete2009, whereabouts was your merit score?

I'm sure this has probably been discussed before but can anyone tell me if you're contacted about passing/failing vetting?

You are only told if you fail, so no news is good news in that department.

I'm getting a bit anxious. Non RC with a merit pos of 150 -175. Think I should have a good chance but the element of doubt is always there. Especially when the organisation haven't decided on numbers yet!

No problem, I'm in the same boat as you (non-rc, 130's). Just try to be patient, with your score you should get a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 hotfuzz

Non rc, merit score in the 30s. Emailed Vetting to see if I'd been approved - all they could tell me (in what was admittedly a very nice email) is that 'it's ongoing' and they can't give any indication of how much longer it might take.

Sigh. When's the next intake then? March??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

rc 70-90 no call :( ...I reckon its a lot to do with vetting now.
    sure all us waiters wouldn't want to do GV in middle of winter anyhow ;)

Congrats PcPete, at least i now know I didn't imagine it all :D

Thanks everyone for your congrats, i hope you all get the call fairly soon!!

Nursey: My score was between 10 and 15

Cduck: we might be in GV in winter but we'll have our graduation in the spring with the sun splitting the trees (hopefully) lol :p:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Just a reminder folks. I need to do this from time to time given the amount of new people we have on the forum.

We do not publish any dates on the forum for security reasons. This includes dates of ISTs, ACs or start dates in Garnerville.

People who have received the call to start in the next intake are strongly advised by this forum not to disclose their start date to anybody on this site.

Thanks.

just got the call...sooooo delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭jonnym61

Congrats Nursey!!!

Im very jealous!!

What was ur merit?

Thanks jonny. score 100ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭rio2009

nursey;just got the call...sooooo delighted.[/quote]

Congrats nursey what was your background. Best of luck in your new career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

Everyones merit number here is so bloody low!

You's need to be giving me A/C tips, so i can get my number down as low in future :)
    well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

well done to yous all:) im totally jealous! im RC with merit score of 400 so i guess theres no point waiting around then right? i'm still in school so i guess theres always next year!!

• Advertisement

Flippin Alec Rashe! There's no reason you wouldn't be going in this year. Really well done!
    Only thing I'd be concerned with is whether ou actually want to be going in at 18/19. It's a lot of responsibility to take on when you're just out of school and all your mates are going to uni etc. Best advice I could give is when you get the call, talk to them about deferring. Speak to your careers advisor at school and / or anybody you know who's in the job already. Or even call at a station and talk to a younger member. This is an unbelievable opportunity but at the same time you could end up feeling that you miss out by starting your career so young.
    Well done!

Advertisement