Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭poppysox

Russler wrote: »
    Hands up who's gonna ring Deliotte/recruitment on Monday and ask where our feedback/merit numbers are:rolleyes:

My hand is staying firmly by my side while I wait for someone else to do it lol I got a right thran old bitch the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

Just received my pass letter for the medical this morning. I guess I can start back on the 20 a day in celebration :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

if your "waiting on the call" does that mean you've had med and vets past?
    ive past med and posted vets back 8weeks ago,got the "past med letter" six weeks ago,
    heard nothing since? are people in this thread waiting to be called to start?
    if you are, how do you know?because i can't figure this process out at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 POLICE99

Hi, i done the medical about 2 weeks and sent my vetting away last week. Do you def have to phone for a merit pool number? what happens next??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mika_

POLICE99 wrote: »
    Hi, i done the medical about 2 weeks and sent my vetting away last week. Do you def have to phone for a merit pool number? what happens next??

You should wait for the medical results to arrive. If you've already got the letter which states, that you are medically fit for duty, there's a line where it says, that PSNI will contact you to explain what happens next.
    Basically now you are waiting for the merit list to be released out (by your merit number you could roughly guess if you have a chance getting in) and feedback from AC test, then vetting clearance (which could take ages) and then, hopefully, for the call, that you're in and starting at the given date :)
    I'm in exactly same boat and, I believe, hundreds of others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

My 'waiting on the call' situation is medical passed in mid August, merit list letter received early September and vetting sent off in July but don't know if it's cleared.

TBH people are at various stages and waiting on the call - you could have received a merit list letter but still be waiting on a medical date.

Sadly there is no rythm or reason to this process and no matter what anybody says about highest merit listers get meds and vetting early or first to apply gets them early no one can be sure exactly how the process works.......unless some nice person from recruitment were to post details of the process on here?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

Hey guys :) i too got the "your on the merit list" letter, i got the letter saying i passed my medical and i'm now just waiting on my vetting to come through, if you get the "your on the merit list" letter, does this mean you just have to pass your vetting or you still need to wait until the a/c feedback is out then find out your actual merit score?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Merit score is vital to get in. It would be unwise ( and potentially dissappointing ) to assume that once you've passed medical and vetting that your a dead cert .

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Yeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa merit list is out today......come and get'em boys and girls:D

IGot mine today and it's between 60 and 80 and so well and truly pleased:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

I'm between 100-200 on the list. This must mean im in with a great chance of getting a call? im confused about what this actually means? Can anyone help?

Im non rc also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LXI 87

Just got my merit place between 240-250 well happy! Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 POLICE99

Hi, Got merit list number today... not very happy :( does anyone know what a decent enough number for a RC??? what happens now... is it simply waiting for a call that might never come or will they contact u again???

POLICE99 wrote: »
    Hi, Got merit list number today... not very happy :( does anyone know what a decent enough number for a RC??? what happens now... is it simply waiting for a call that might never come or will they contact u again???

From what I've read on here it's quite hard to tell, people have told me about some people who are RC getting in with a merit score of plus 800 so you might be alright.

Yep, now we wait! They won't contact you again until it's 'the call'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Anyone know if there are any regulations regarding the length of men's hair?

hey I don't know the exact regulations but from what I read on here it has to be above collar, I think someone posted that you can get away with about a number 2 back and sides and a wee bit longer on top but you'd be getting it cut every week so better to get a number 1 back and sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

Just remember, there were a couple of thousand extra applicants this time round - which will no doubt push that lucky merit cut off down a bit...making it a bit harder.

(Unless ofcourse you know of people who have already got in this campaign, with a high merit score -in that case i dont know how they work nowdays)

yes your hair must be very short. No sideburns, or facial hair growing during training. You'll be told by the drill staff anyway :)

poppysox wrote: »
    hey I don't know the exact regulations but from what I read on here it has to be above collar, I think someone posted that you can get away with about a number 2 back and sides and a wee bit longer on top but you'd be getting it cut every week so better to get a number 1 back and sides

Thanks, hope it doesn't have to be too short. I suppose if I have to do it to get in, then hand me the razor!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

jclegs wrote: »
    Thanks, hope it doesn't have to be too short. I suppose if I have to do it to get in, then hand me the razor!

You'll be told if you havent got it short enough. And if its a friday morning you are being told its too long then its show parade for you! :)

What's a show parade that everybody mentions?

After some more advice. Does anyone know under what circumstances you are allowed to defer your place in training and if so how long?

Say I got the call in Feb/Mar would they let me defer to around July?

• Advertisement

What's a show parade that everybody mentions?

I thought about not answering this and just leaving it to your imagination but then I thought I may as well tell you so maybe you'll be able to avoid them :)

A show parade is what happens when either your uniform or room isnt up to scratch. Your room will get inspected and if the drill staff dont like it you'll be outside your room at 10pm that night in your best uniform for it to be inspected again.

if your uniform isnt up to scratch on a friday for Chief's parade you'll be lined up at 5pm on a friday in best uniform to be inspected again, meanwhile everybody else will already be at home.

Or if your spotted by drill staff with your hands in your pockets - show parade.

When marching to class and you're stopped outside the drill hut to be inspected and its first thing in the morning and you havent ironed you're trousers - show parade.

When you're doing drill and drill staff decide its time for an inspection and your boots have grey heals - show parade.

Its awesome :) I was good at keeping my uniform immacualte so only had 3 the whole time I was there but there were others who were on it all the time :)

After some more advice. Does anyone know under what circumstances you are allowed to defer your place in training and if so how long?

Say I got the call in Feb/Mar would they let me defer to around July?

There were a few in my squad who had defered their starting date so i shouldn't think it would be a problem.

BoutYe wrote: »
    I thought about not answering this and just leaving it to your imagination but then I thought I may as well tell you so maybe you'll be able to avoid them :)

A show parade is what happens when either your uniform or room isnt up to scratch. Your room will get inspected and if the drill staff dont like it you'll be outside your room at 10pm that night in your best uniform for it to be inspected again.

if your uniform isnt up to scratch on a friday for Chief's parade you'll be lined up at 5pm on a friday in best uniform to be inspected again, meanwhile everybody else will already be at home.

Or if your spotted by drill staff with your hands in your pockets - show parade.

When marching to class and you're stopped outside the drill hut to be inspected and its first thing in the morning and you havent ironed you're trousers - show parade.

When you're doing drill and drill staff decide its time for an inspection and your boots have grey heals - show parade.

Its awesome :) I was good at keeping my uniform immacualte so only had 3 the whole time I was there but there were others who were on it all the time :)

If one person mucks up with their uniform does the whole squad get it or do they single you out? I'm terrified now in case I do get in :( lol

Do you get inspected every morning before class?

When you say hands in your pockets, does that mean anywhere? Or just during inspections etc

Thanks Boutye! Hope they let me defer if I'm called early. The show parade sounds fun, looks like I'm going to have to learn how to iron :(

Thanks Boutye! Hope they let me defer if I'm called early. The show parade sounds fun, looks like I'm going to have to learn how to iron :(

hey jclegs, I know a couple of guys who deferred as they were getting married/holiday booked and they asked to see the reception booking confirmation/holiday tickets etc

what's your merit score?

If one person mucks up with their uniform does the whole squad get it or do they single you out? I'm terrified now in case I do get in :( lol

Do you get inspected every morning before class?

When you say hands in your pockets, does that mean anywhere? Or just during inspections etc

No its only you going on show parade if you muck up. At least thats how it was when we were there. I remember one time though 3 out of 4 of our squads were put on show parade one friday because the majority of people in each one were bad so everybody had to suffer.

As for hands in the pockets, thats any time they see you with a hand in your pocket you'll know about it.

And after a while you have to march to the first class in the morning and the first class after lunch. Sometimes you'll be stopped and inspected and if you're not up to scratch then its show parade.

BoutYe wrote: »
    No its only you going on show parade if you muck up. At least thats how it was when we were there. I remember one time though 3 out of 4 of our squads were put on show parade one friday because the majority of people in each one were bad so everybody had to suffer.

As for hands in the pockets, thats any time they see you with a hand in your pocket you'll know about it.

And after a while you have to march to the first class in the morning and the first class after lunch. Sometimes you'll be stopped and inspected and if you're not up to scratch then its show parade.

march to class?? as in properly march?

oh god how mortifying, I think i'd actually die if it was just me pulled up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

march to class?? as in properly march?
    LOL for real...

hey jclegs, I know a couple of guys who deferred as they were getting married/holiday booked and they asked to see the reception booking confirmation/holiday tickets etc

what's your merit score?

My merit score is in the 130's but I don't finish uni until around May time. July would be ideal, as I know they don't usually have a June intake. I never thought I would get this far on my first time applying. I would be heartbroken if they didn't let me defer (if necessary), as I've wanted to be a police officer since I was no age.

I would be the first one at the gate if they did! :)

P.s. Congrats on your merit score, you must have been on fire at the IST and A/C!

• Advertisement

psni wrote: »
    LOL for real...

what muppets we can all look forward to looking like.....

I'm assuming people openly laugh? :(

Advertisement