Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

Cashflow wrote: »
    300s is fine, my merit was low 700's when I was offered a place.

Have you finished in garnerville yet? Did you enjoy it?

Have you seen anymore timetables relating to intakes recently??? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

hotel glo wrote: »
    Have you finished in garnerville yet? Did you enjoy it?

Have you seen anymore timetables relating to intakes recently??? lol

Passed out just over 3 weeks ago now and enjoyed my time there immensely.

pma1983 wrote: »
    Has your vetting cleared glo? If it has let's hope that you have got the call and an intake is around the corner for c15ers with reserved places and the first candidates from c16 whose vetting has cleared with a high merit score!

This waiting is cracking me up!!:cool:

lol pma1983, you seem as stressed about the last 18 months as I am! I only got my vetting in January but it had cleared in about a month or so. My medical was around mid January as well and got a pass letter 2 days later.

I'm glad the vetting and medical was done that late as I hear that one of them (vetting I think?) expires after a year and must be done again.

Cashflow wrote: »
    Passed out just over 3 weeks ago now and enjoyed my time there immensely.

hope you have a great career. And thanks for popping in here with your info, even if it only served to drive me up the walls further!!

hope you have a great career. And thanks for popping in here with your info, even if it only served to drive me up the walls further!!

Well you get to have a semi sleepless night like I did all those months ago in anticipation of calling em up. Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Stressed indeedy! Let us know what the call was, for sanity sake! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate!

Well it just took 18 months but got there in the end!! Hopefully all is c15ers will be sorted in the next few days.

Good luck all!! Its sooooo worth the wait.

Ps, i was told this is the only intake planned for so far, but dont take that as gospel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Well done glo!

Did recruitment tell you this was the only planned intake? Numbers?

pma1983 wrote: »
    Well done glo!

Did recruitment tell you this was the only planned intake? Numbers?

I asked as I knew the rest on the forum would be itching to know. They said that this is the only one they know of at the minute. It was vague so hopefully in 5 or 6 weeks time the phones will begin to ring again.

I do get the feeling that c16ers will be called as well as I'm one of the last to be recruited from 2009 campaign.

Didn't ask about numbers, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Azaka

I've almost the exact same story Hotel glo. I got the message left yesterday but didn't twig as I've been applying for other stuff. Just finished my lunch today and thought, 'Oh, I suppose I should call and see what that was about'. Blanked out for the next half hour. Couldn't believe it! :D

• Advertisement

Azaka wrote: »
    I've almost the exact same story Hotel glo. I got the message left yesterday but didn't twig as I've been applying for other stuff. Just finished my lunch today and thought, 'Oh, I suppose I should call and see what that was about'. Blanked out for the next half hour. Couldn't believe it! :D

great news! see you soon at induction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Azaka wrote: »

I'm guessing you are a C15'er?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Azaka

I am indeed, yeah.

Good luck to everyone else and let's hope the C16'ers don't have too long to wait. Anyone that commits to this process and makes it up to the line deserves their chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

congratulations to everyone who got the call this week. Im currently in week 5 Garnerville i can just about remember how excited it was to get the call. your gonna have soooo many questions youll forget to answer them all. Have a look at the starting in garnerville soon thread it has alot of answers.

All i can say is pay acute attention in the induction day it has a few clues how to survive the 1st 4 weeks residential. other than that feel free to ask the greens anything.....be prepared to take anything they tell you with pinch of salt.:D

eel free to ask the greens anything.....be prepared to take anything they tell you with pinch of salt.:D

Don't bother, they are a pretty surly bunch from what I've gathered. Better off asking any of the ones who have just passed out (the old reds), a much more sociable group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

ah but we were rabbits caught in head lights the first weeks while yous were still there full time much nicer group of people now

Did anyone who got 'The Call' in last 48 hours, apply for C16?

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Did anyone who got 'The Call' in last 48 hours, apply for C16?

I did, but only finished mid 300's this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

hotel glo, do u mean u got a call to say ur in after finishin in the 300s of the C16 campaign??

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

JP84 wrote: »
    hotel glo, do u mean u got a call to say ur in after finishin in the 300s of the C16 campaign??

Glo got in through c15

• Advertisement

B182 wrote: »
    Glo got in through c15

^^what he said^^

Sorry for confusion, i dont think i had any chance from finishing c16 in the mid 300's. For a non-rc i think you will need to be top 300

I've only scraped in from c15 finishing 200-210 and there are ones in the mid 200's that never even received vetting or did medicals. It also makes me think that there wasn't 440 appointments made from c15. It could be the same for c16 in which case you may be looking at needing to be in the top 200 to have a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MILLBILLIES

^^what he said^^

Sorry for confusion, i dont think i had any chance from finishing c16 in the mid 300's. For a non-rc i think you will need to be top 300

I've only scraped in from c15 finishing 200-210 and there are ones in the mid 200's that never even received vetting or did medicals. It also makes me think that there wasn't 440 appointments made from c15. It could be the same for c16 in which case you may be looking at needing to be in the top 200 to have a chance.

That would be my understanding of C15 as well. Seems to be totally unfair but the whole process is like nothing else you would ever experience when applying for a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jonnybrfc

Sorry guys first time posting on this forum, just wanted to say i got the call on tuesday as well, couldnt believe it, its a very long wait took me 18months, i got in from campaign 15, my merit was between 225-235 nrc, i had also applied this year for campaign 16 and was placed 245-255 in the merit pool, good luck to all of you guys still waiting on the call its a very long process but well worth it, cant wait to start now.

also well done to hotel glow and also to azaka i look forward to seeing yous at induction day cant wait to start. good luck to the rest of you guys as well. :)

Jonnybrfc wrote: »
    Sorry guys first time posting on this forum, just wanted to say i got the call on tuesday as well, couldnt believe it, its a very long wait took me 18months, i got in from campaign 15, my merit was between 225-235 nrc, i had also applied this year for campaign 16 and was placed 245-255 in the merit pool, good luck to all of you guys still waiting on the call its a very long process but well worth it, cant wait to start now.

also well done to hotel glow and also to azaka i look forward to seeing yous at induction day cant wait to start. good luck to the rest of you guys as well. :)

its already dragging for me and i've only known from monday/tuesday! not sure how i'm going to keep my head down at work until then!!

Jonnybrfc wrote: »

Congrats. It's also great to see another person just above me being removed from the c16 race :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I'll second that - as I said before, we move up the list and the other person gets in, so it is definitely a win win scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 somehelp?

congratulations to all those from c15...who finally got the call! Im sure yous are all so releived! I see that a good few had also applied for c16, im assuming as yous drop out of c16, we wil automaicaly go up the list...would they tell us our new merit score as people drop out??

somehelp? wrote: »
    congratulations to all those from c15...who finally got the call! Im sure yous are all so releived! I see that a good few had also applied for c16, im assuming as yous drop out of c16, we wil automaicaly go up the list...would they tell us our new merit score as people drop out??

No.

Your merit list/number is your placing after the IST & AC process and that wont change.

Even if people above you are out of the running, for what ever reason, they will just move on down the merit list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 somehelp?

thanks Gee-22, i thought that would be the case! Heres to hoping that a good few below me where c15s that were just reapplying and now have heard. Dont supose you would know of anyone from c16 getting the call??

• Advertisement

somehelp? wrote: »
    thanks Gee-22, i thought that would be the case! Heres to hoping that a good few below me where c15s that were just reapplying and now have heard. Dont supose you would know of anyone from c16 getting the call??

Nope, I have not heard of any c16er's getting a call.

I know a guy who is a RC and in the top 80, whos med and vetting is completed. So if a c16er is called he stands a good chance, but so far he's not heard anything.

Advertisement