Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

I rang ext apts on Fri and asked when the next calls would be going out, all she said was "a couple of weeks" so we can probably relax a bit, safe in the knowledge there aren't going to be any calls this month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RA111

hi guys
    had a call out the blue this morning from recruitment offering me a place. i feel shellshocked! is anyone else out there starting in may??? if you are give me a shout!:)

RA111 wrote: »
    hi guys
    had a call out the blue this morning from recruitment offering me a place. i feel shellshocked! is anyone else out there starting in may??? if you are give me a shout!:)

Congrats! That most def is out of the blue, whats ur background & merit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

RA111 wrote: »
    hi guys

Many congrats to you, well done!

Do you know your merit score and your background so the rest of us know where we are up to?

I'm glad the squads are still being recruited as it hopefully means that I'm one squad closer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pastashapes

Once again, congratulations! Hopefully there is another squad for the sake of others, eh :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

Congratulations! Bet your over the moon. What is your merit number and background? Im not going to be able to stop looking at the phone now until it rings! PLEASE CALL ME!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 del79

Just got the call also totally shocked. Merit ~ 750 rc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RA111

I think i'm something similar, RC 600's, in truth I had completely convinced myself it was never going to happen so if you’re still waiting to hear don’t give up there is still time, good luck & hope to see some of you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 deanj685

has to be more than two people! so how not tell lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maximus_glad

many congrats on the call, still got my fingers crossed although i am not sure that is making much of a different. Good luck for the hotel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

Great to hear it mate!!!
    Put the good foot forward and work hard! Excellent news!!:D

Just got the call am in, OMG am actually shaking!!!!!

Just got the call am in, OMG am actually shaking!!!!!

brilliant news! Really happy for you! You deserve it as with all the posts you make, I can tell you are itching to get in

Its a Happy Easter!!!! Way to go!!! Maybe there will be a few more!! Finger crossed everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

Hi all, if Recruitment try and call you, and can't get an answer, do they keep trying or do they send a letter OR do they just go on to the next person on the list!!

As far as I know they will leave a message if they can, not everyone gets a call, some just get letters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Azaka

Lol, the very same question has occurred to me too!

Ugggh, in the 700s RC and had some missed calls yesterday morning from a withheld number, and then I realised I have no mailbox active on my phone! I know it was probably just someone trying to sell me shampoo but I am going a little crazy :D

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! NO call for me today! Its going to be a long easter because I'm just behind MrsMikeLowry on the list!

Congratulations MML! You totally deserve it. You can start drafting your resignation now!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mrshowarddonald

i second the scream from above....i actually started shaking at your post MrsMikeLowry! hugest congratulations to you!!!!

so, in the style of a stalker, i rang external appointments as i am 140's non rc (med and vetting passed) and the lovely girl told me that they haven't finished their calls for May and the actual order of the calls just depends on how they pull the files.

had phone off for a portion of the morn...but no voicemails...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maximus_glad

Thats awesome MML, many congratulations! One round closer hopefully for the rest of us. Think I still have a bit of a wait though non rc 170's

happy shopping for the list and hope its all you expect and want- i second the opinion of you deserve it with all the help and info in your posts of late

Good luck

so, in the style of a stalker, i rang external appointments as i am 140's non rc (med and vetting passed) and the lovely girl told me that they haven't finished their calls for May and the actual order of the calls just depends on how they pull the files.

Im glad you got through. It was after 5 when i tried ringing and as expected they were all away home. It's going to be a long easter weekend until they start work again.

Out of curiousity, what did you say to them when you rang? Did you explain that you heard of someone close to your number got a call?

The next few days will be torturous, as if it can get any worse...

I said that I just wanted to confirm my merit number as I has heard that someone close to mine had been offered a position, in fear that I had heard the number incorrectly all those months ago...

Have to say, MrsMikeLowry's long overdue and fantastic news has actually given hope that the process is real and worth all the frustration; I hope that you are out really celebrating :D

All this buzz is too much for me! I am trying to be a patient little beaver until the dam is finished! But slowly I'm beginning to get excited again! Its great their are people getting hired on, this country could use more police in its ranks, especially young lads and lasses that are keen and fit. I suppose if they call and you are out, they try back a few times, and then send out a letter. I don;t see that they would more on to the next person. that's morbid. I think when you are in, you are in, and they get in touch when they can. I suggest glueing your mobile to your hand though! hehe. Going to be a quiet Easter here for me and the fam. A few eggs, and some time to chill out and think of the Man. Sounds good to me. I hope you all have similar plans, take it easy, and relax. It'll happen.:cool:

The next few days will be torturous, as if it can get any worse...

I said that I just wanted to confirm my merit number as I has heard that someone close to mine had been offered a position, in fear that I had heard the number incorrectly all those months ago...

Have to say, MrsMikeLowry's long overdue and fantastic news has actually given hope that the process is real and worth all the frustration; I hope that you are out really celebrating :D

Actually spent last night home alone :(, will be celebrating tonight and tomorrow night tho, in full on fancy dress too :eek:

Thank you all for your kind words, its the most amazing feeling when it does happen and Im sure come Tuesday more of you will be on board!

JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOOD GOD!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOOD GOD!!!!!!!
    Actually spent last night home alone :(, will be celebrating tonight and tomorrow night tho, in full on fancy dress too :eek:

Thank you all for your kind words, its the most amazing feeling when it does happen and Im sure come Tuesday more of you will be on board!

Well done guys. Hope you have great careers!!!

Got my pack today!!! :D Turns out they were trying to call me!! :D 700s RC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 del79

Adolphus wrote: »
    Got my pack today!!! :D Turns out they were trying to call me!! :D 700s RC

Congrats Adolphus a lot to do before sid. Who thought moving a hundred miles up the road would be so stressful, getting national insurance no, bank account, doctor etc a busy few weeks ahead.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing all calls went out last week then?
    All the best of luck to all the new recruits for next month, let's hope there's more calls next month to get me a little closer!

Good luck again folks.

Advertisement