Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maximus_glad

I got the call!!!!

Finally got the call yesterday, cant believe it's finally happened.

Thank you to everyone who helped answer the many questions through this long process.

For those of you still waiting I was 170's non RC if that helps

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting

Cant wait until to get started now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pastashapes

Got the call a wee while ago now, but have not received my pack. I had hoped it would come by now :( has it come for anyone else/how long did it take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BelfastJarhead

Got the call a wee while ago now, but have not received my pack. I had hoped it would come by now :( has it come for anyone else/how long did it take?

I received the call about 10 days ago and still havent received the pack so at least now I know I am not the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maximus_glad

I received the call last week and I still haven't got anything either but they did say it would be a few weeks for all the calls to go out. I am hoping next week. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Azaka

I received the call last week and I still haven't got anything either but they did say it would be a few weeks for all the calls to go out. I am hoping next week. Fingers crossed.

Hmm, I hope there are couple of calls still to go out! It would be punishing to get sooooooo close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

Your intake will be a little different than most, as you're not immediately replacing a course, you guys will be starting off a new "chain" so to speak. I would imagine that your packs won't be out till they are sure that they have the numbers to make up a new squad for you guys (its still a possibility that they won't have enough people) but its more likely that they are just delaying it until close to the time, for the majority of us we only had a couple of weeks of waiting between getting the call and starting up - for you guys it's gonna be more like 2 months of waiting, hence why the delay in the packs coming out.
    I received the call about 10 days ago and still havent received the pack so at least now I know I am not the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pastashapes

I'm sceptical if this is the case. It was stated to me and seemingly others that the packs would be out pretty soon, and it's likely just the anticipation is getting the bettter of us.

As for not having enough numbers, I would allay that fear. June was put back because there was not the numbers. It's important to remember that no calls were ever made ref a June or July intake so why wait until the allocated time to call people before the August intake? Getting it over and done with. I've been keeping an eye on the C16 threads and they seem to racing at times but I think there will be enough C15 people anyway. Of course, I can't say for certain but this isn't a concern for me. If we're thinking efficiently, making the August calls now would be wise before any C16 intake!

I once read a book- golden lesson? Why let it lie because it's not urgent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

They told me that the appointment pack, for this intake, would not be received as quickly as other intakes for that reason that they wanted to contact all those to be invited by phone first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 forkman

Hi all,
    I don't think I'll be a prime candidate for detective as I've only just found this thread - I've been monitoring the main one and wondering where everyone was :o

Well done to everyone who has been called.... I'll be seeing you there too!!!!!:D

Funny how I have no need for fibre whatsoever now mind you.....

So guys n gals, what's the general feeling? Do you think the recent round of calls marked the end of C15 recruitment, or do you think there might be another intake before C16 gets underway?

• Advertisement

Somebody wrote on another tread that the C16 intakes will begin in October, so a September intake is still possible. Also, how many intakes have there been for C15? I am not sure even with the one upcoming in August that 440 people will have been recruited, if of course they are taking in the full amount that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

Adolphus wrote: »
    Somebody wrote on another tread that the C16 intakes will begin in October, so a September intake is still possible. Also, how many intakes have there been for C15? I am not sure even with the one upcoming in August that 440 people will have been recruited, if of course they are taking in the full amount that is.

Hi all.........C16 candidate here.............just gonna chip in for your info........we have been told that appointments will be made from october......not sure if thats the first intake.......or if when the first calls will be going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

hi guys!:) are you all in the august intake then?:) I was told that the pack will take a while to come out, i originally got into the Feb intake but had to defer so i recieved a pack for Feb and got called last week to say i'd be getting a new pack for August but it may take a while to recieve!! :) im excited!

rashe591 wrote: »
    hi guys!:) are you all in the august intake then?:) I was told that the pack will take a while to come out, i originally got into the Feb intake but had to defer so i recieved a pack for Feb and got called last week to say i'd be getting a new pack for August but it may take a while to recieve!! :) im excited!

Similar story myself, got the call a few months back and had to defer. At least the long wait until August gives us time to sort out all the things needed, especially for those of us who are not from Northern Ireland, such as opening a bank account and getting a national insurance number.

Exciting times ahead I think :)

So, did we all get our packs then?? :D

Its all incredibly real now.... Personally I'm excited, but as nervous as a vampire attending a french restaurant! Hows everyone else holding up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭jonnym61

forkman wrote: »
    So, did we all get our packs then?? :D

Its all incredibly real now.... Personally I'm excited, but as nervous as a vampire attending a french restaurant! Hows everyone else holding up?

Got mine yesterday and yea it finally seems real, and like u said a little scary, thinking having so long to wait is gonna be a bad thing, too much time to worry about it, would rather just get in and started!! Induction day sounds like an interesting (long) day!!

jonnym61 wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday and yea it finally seems real, and like u said a little scary, thinking having so long to wait is gonna be a bad thing, too much time to worry about it, would rather just get in and started!! Induction day sounds like an interesting (long) day!!

First long day of many I think! Yeah, once we're started we'll be grand. Just wish it wasn't so far away like yourself.

Congrats!

Has anyone from outside the UK tried to get a National Insurance Number yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I got mine years ago but I can tell you it is a lot more hassle than getting a P.P.S. ( R.S.I.) number in the Republic where you just fill in a form and post it off. In the UK you have to attend in person at an office , produce umpteen forms of I.D. and be prepared to answer a shedload of questions.

That said it is eminently doable and the process is designed to prevent people getting multiple numbers and thus making multiple Social Security claims - should not be a problem for anyone here.

Thanks, gave them a call there and they said I will have to wait until I actually start to book the interview! Which, unless they work on Saturdays, will mean having to take a few hours off our training to attend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

For those of you still waiting, I may have caught a glimpse of something that said when the intakes are for this year, I'm not going to post exact dates, but I'll post the months because I'm nice like that;

August

October

December

Thats the remaining intakes for this year according to what I saw (the date for august mirrored what I already know from a mate of mine who got the august call).

Still time folks, be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Cashflow wrote: »
    For those of you still waiting, I may have caught a glimpse of something that said when the intakes are for this year, I'm not going to post exact dates, but I'll post the months because I'm nice like that;

August

October

December

Thats the remaining intakes for this year according to what I saw (the date for august mirrored what I already know from a mate of mine who got the august call).

but is that for c15 as says on c16 that training starts in oct so poss for c16 just a thought

Cashflow wrote: »

August

October

December

Thanks Cashflow, that's very decent of you to post that! :)

Best of luck to all of you who have received your packs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

i got mine there and sent it back. Im well excited. i have a super busy July already and trying to squeeze in some gym time and getting stuff of the shopping list..... im quiting work the week before the induction day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vince Coupon

Alright folks

Looking forward to the Aug intake. I'm quitting my job this week and giving myself a good few weeks off before starting. I had planned to go on holiday later in the year but can't do that now what with the training starting. Recruitment told me if you miss 5 days or more then you're out.

Got my pack a few weeks ago so it's very real now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Recruitment are dead right. You can't afford to miss any days in this one, because there will be no squad coming in behind you to back-squad you into should you get injured.

Get reading!

psni wrote: »
    Recruitment are dead right. You can't afford to miss any days in this one, because there will be no squad coming in behind you to back-squad you into should you get injured.

Get reading!

I hadn't thought of that aspect - the fact there will be no squad to fall back in to. That'll add extra pressure for sure.

It somehow doesn't seem fair if others had that safety net and the Aug intake don't.

And as for 'get reading', what can you recommend? Looking forward to your garnerville thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

How many of us are still waiting? Especially as there are still spaces for the August intake!!

I wonder why we havent been called yet?

Fingers crossed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

how do you know there is spaces left in the Aug intake?

i got my pack a few weeks back, well actually i got 2, they sent it to my old address even though i told them i changed address in Jan. Luckily there was no security risk as the people living in the old address are my closest friends.

Ive read my pack from cover to cover really excited about it, wish i was in a position to pack in my current job today but unfortunately ill probably have to work right up to the day before we start in G

• Advertisement

how do you know there is spaces left in the Aug intake?

i got my pack a few weeks back, well actually i got 2, they sent it to my old address even though i told them i changed address in Jan. Luckily there was no security risk as the people living in the old address are my closest friends.

Ive read my pack from cover to cover really excited about it, wish i was in a position to pack in my current job today but unfortunately ill probably have to work right up to the day before we start in G

PSNI said there were still spaces for the august intake

I got my pack on 7 June and I handed my notice in the very next day

Advertisement