Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

Adolphus wrote: »
    I was supposed to start also and they said a few weeks back that June was 'unlikely', but would it be possible that the June date for induction duties, which some of your squad are scheduled for, would be for a July intake to follow a few weeks after it?

Yeah pretty much, as far as I can remember your first day is around 3 weeks or so after your induction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

I dont think they have ever been forthcoming with intake dates. I'd say until its 100% certain, they just say 'its unlikely' so not to give out wrong information incase on the off chance things changeÂ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Azaka

*watches the tumbleweeds roll by and goes back to waiting by the phone*

Azaka wrote: »
    *watches the tumbleweeds roll by and goes back to waiting by the phone*

You should be ok for the next intake, i'm probably one after (if they have another after this one!!). I'm hoping calls should be this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭jonnym61

hotel glo wrote: »
    You should be ok for the next intake, i'm probably one after (if they have another after this one!!). I'm hoping calls should be this week.

what no are you two?? im 190's and the wait is killing me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Redjester

Hi Guys I'm also still waiting (im)patiently :) 140s RC, not getting my hopes up too much for a call soon though as vetting is ongoing!

jonnym61 wrote: »
    what no are you two?? im 190's and the wait is killing me!!

He is 190's too and i'm 200-210, you should all being well be ok for this one too (if they intend in having one more from last campaign!)

Redjester wrote: »
    Hi Guys I'm also still waiting (im)patiently :) 140s RC, not getting my hopes up too much for a call soon though as vetting is ongoing!

As soon as your vetting is clear, you'll be in the next available intake.

Whats the delay in your vetting? Mine thankfully was done in about 10 weeks

He is 190's too and i'm 200-210, you should all being well be ok for this one too (if they intend in having one more from last campaign!)

Fingers crossed, its been a long long wait!!

As soon as your vetting is clear, you'll be in the next available intake.

Whats the delay in your vetting? Mine thankfully was done in about 10 weeks

No idea, but I didn't actually get the vetting forms til December and medical Jan. (long story) When I emailed a few weeks ago they said it was ongoing and hoped to have it completed asap. Don't want to pester them again for a while.. I reckon my merit number is high enough so fairly optimistic and didn't reapply for the current campaign!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

There are no intakes in June or July guys.

psni wrote: »

Thanks for the update PSNI. That works ok for me since I've hols etc booked, but I'm sure it's disappointing for the rest of you guys :(
    I had a dream recently that I got called in October... maybe it was a premonition lol

psni wrote: »

Is it the same every summer or is there other issues?

Do you know how many intakes are left from c15?

Ps, sorry for all the questions!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

1. They usually skip one intake and push it back 5 weeks so they can all take holidays on a rolling basis.
    2. No idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BelfastJarhead

Just got the call for next intake. Aug cant come fast enough!!

Just got the call for next intake. Aug cant come fast enough!!
    Nice one, when did u get the call??

Oh my freeking god i just got the call, i swear i almost wee'd a bit in work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Well done, I'll see you there :D

Awesome news Jonnym61! Really pleased for you! :D

Hopefully they still have a couple of numbers to ring coz I'm also 190-200 *eyeballs the phone*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

Well done all, I will also be seeing you there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

what numbers are we up to on the merit list?

somewhere in the 190-200's.... I hope!

im in the 180's and havent been called yet, passed everything. Just today started a new job (back up plan ya see). Hope this is my month:D

jonnym61 wrote: »
    Oh my freeking god i just got the call, i swear i almost wee'd a bit in work!!

Many congrats to you!! Fantastic news!!

Now what did i say to you a couple of weeks back???? You'll be in the next lot!!

Now hopefully my turn for the following intake!!

im in the 180's and havent been called yet, passed everything. Just today started a new job (back up plan ya see). Hope this is my month:D

Do you have to inform vetting of change of job or is it just addresses and family etc they are interested in?

somewhere in the 190-200's.... I hope!

Yea im 190-200 Non RC, i just kinda hoped i had an outside chance of next intake so over the moon!

Now the nerves are starting to kick in, god knows what i will be like closer the time!

Do you have to inform vetting of change of job or is it just addresses and family etc they are interested in?

there was nowhere on the original vetting forms to put your job, so im guessing they dont care if ive changed.

got home today to find a missed call unknown number on my old phone i dont really use anymore......dammit. Also got a text from family to say a big white envelope had arrived, but it was something unrelated. grrrrrr

there was nowhere on the original vetting forms to put your job, so im guessing they dont care if ive changed.

got home today to find a missed call unknown number on my old phone i dont really use anymore......dammit. Also got a text from family to say a big white envelope had arrived, but it was something unrelated. grrrrrr

I also had a couple of missed calls from unknown numbers... talk about being up the high doh now! :D

Does anyone know if they call back or what happens if they don't get through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

I also had a couple of missed calls from unknown numbers... talk about being up the high doh now! :D

Does anyone know if they call back or what happens if they don't get through?

Don't worry, the same happened to me when I got the first call a few months back. They will just send out a letter inviting you to attend and this will have all the details on it.

• Advertisement

With a few of you in the 190's getting in, i must only be about 10 away in merit places. I'm constantly thinking that this could be the last intake before they move onto C16 candidates. So close but so far.

Hopefully I've improved my assessment centre score enough to get a bit higher in the merit list this time round.

Advertisement