Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Steph kills Ringo in an accident

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Oh no :(:( So final...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

omg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

i wish i didnt read that spoiler. that sucks big time :(:eek:

3 Cast members to leave Neighbours

A trio of Neighbours stars are to leave the soap later this year, it has been announced.

Jane Hall, Matthew Werkmeister and Erin Mullally will all be seen bowing out of the long-running drama in the months ahead, TV Tonight reports.

Hall - who has played Rebecca Napier for nearly four years - revealed her decision to quit in an interview with TV Week.

She told the magazine: "I've decided it's time to say 'au revoir' to Erinsborough. It's sad to be leaving… but I'm looking forward to the future and new and exciting acting adventures."

Meanwhile, Werkmeister has decided to leave after more than five years in the role of Ramsay Street's Zeke Kinski. The 18-year-old actor has previously expressed a desire to pursue a career in TV production.

Finally, news of Mullally's departure comes less than ten months after he was announced as the new Declan Napier, replacing previous actor James Sorensen in the role.

As confirmed earlier this year, Ringo Brown, Donna Freedman and Steph Scully - played by Sam Clark, Margot Robbie and Carla Bonner respectively - are also due to depart screens.

Neighbours' 6,000th episode airs in the UK on Friday.

• Advertisement

Why didnt they have Declan the character leave before the recast :rolleyes:

Why didnt they have Declan the character leave before the recast :rolleyes:

It has been a complete failure recasting him, I imagine Declan will leave with Rebecca.. I will miss Rebecca :(:(

I hadn't realised Donna was leaving? :eek:

Why is everyone frickin' leaving? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Don't worry, you'll always have Lou ;)

• Advertisement

I was thinking because there is a risk of Neighbours being cancelled, it has moved to digital tv only in Australia :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Really starting to get worried about it now, changing to digital in australia and so many characters leaving, not looking good for neighbours. :(

I can't see them re-casting declan yet again, it will be a sad loss, always liked declan and only warming to the new one lately. And if ringo, donna, zeke and declan goes then thats pretty much all the younger group gone, only andrew, summer, chris and tasha to fill the gap and I find all of them extremely irritating except for chris. :(

Long-standing Neighbours character Steph Scully is to face fresh heartbreak when her young son Charlie is snatched, it has been revealed.

According to TV Week, Charlie will go missing in mysterious circumstances in episodes which are soon to air in Australia - leaving Steph panicked as she wonders what could have happened.

It is understood that the storyline kicks off as Charlie is enjoying some Halloween festivities with Steph's stepdaughter Summer Hoyland (Jordy Lucas) and her friends. After Summer takes her eyes off Charlie for only a split second, she is horrified to discover that he is nowhere to be found.

Reports suggest that the shock storyline will tie in with the return of a character who wants to cause pain to both Steph and Libby Kennedy (Kym Valentine).

However, the identity of the person in question is yet to be confirmed, while details of what they want with Charlie are also currently unknown.

Carla Bonner - who plays Steph - announced back in June that she had decided to leave the soap. Producers have promised that Steph's forthcoming exit storyline will "do the character proud".

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I think Neighbours has been going through a very strong patch at the moment what with the reveal of the Steph/Toadie secret and the build up to episode 6,000. It hasn't been this good in a long time.

Dissapointing to see a number of the cast leaving. I will miss Steph and Rebecca. I think for a while it became a bit to obsessed with all the young characters, so no harm to have some of them leave. It probably has been difficult for the new Declan to take over a very popular character and fan favourite but I think he has done a pretty decent job.

It was a nice touch to have Suddenly playing at Ringo and Donna's wedding. Can't say I will miss Ringo to much and have grown a little tired of Donna

Caprica wrote: »
    I think Neighbours has been going through a very strong patch at the moment what with the reveal of the Steph/Toadie secret and the build up to episode 6,000. It hasn't been this good in a long time.

Dissapointing to see a number of the cast leaving. I will miss Steph and Rebecca. I think for a while it became a bit to obsessed with all the young characters, so no harm to have some of them leave. It probably has been difficult for the new Declan to take over a very popular character and fan favourite but I think he has done a pretty decent job.

It was a nice touch to have Suddenly playing at Ringo and Donna's wedding. Can't say I will miss Ringo to much and have grown a little tired of Donna

I loved that touch.. Brought me right back to Scott and Charlene!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Is anyone else finding this "who pushed Paul" storyline a bit boring?? Especially the e-mails Susan is getting!

blondie7 wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding this "who pushed Paul" storyline a bit boring?? Especially the e-mails Susan is getting!

Yes it is boring

I assume
    it is Rebecca is sending the emails to Susan since she pushed Paul

Yes it is boring

I assume
    What oh my god i wasnt expecting it to be her

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Yes it is boring

I assume

I thought it was Declan who pushed him? I read it on the Oz Neighbours site

550w_soaps_ha_scott_mcgregor.jpg

Detective Mark Brennan is a hottie and
    he could be staying around at Kate's new love interest

Steph's exit
    she goes to jail for Ringo's death

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

550w_soaps_ha_scott_mcgregor.jpg

Detective Mark Brennan is a hottie and
    he could be staying around at Kate's new love interest

Steph's exit
    she goes to jail for Ringo's death

Agreed 100% :D

Neighbours' 2010 season finale will see one Ramsay Street residence go up in flames, it has been reported.

According to TV Soap, the dramatic incident will provide a big cliffhanger as the final episode of the year airs in Australia next month.

Pictures published by the magazine show a burning Number 26 - the Scullys' house - as Lyn (Janet Andrewartha), Karl (Alan Fletcher) and Lucas (Scott Major) look on outside.

Although a number of characters are known to be departing Neighbours in the months ahead, it is currently unknown whether there will be any fatalities in the blaze.

The storyline has not yet been officially confirmed by the show's bosses, but executive producer Susan Bower has promised an explosive end to 2010 in her latest diary entry on the programme's official website.

Bower wrote: "As the end of year nears, it's one shock after another with some very emotional stories and a bit of fun thrown in as well. We've already filmed the end-of-year cliffhanger. It was sensational with lots of shocks, so I hope you enjoy the rollercoaster ride!"

In Australia, the fire episode will be the final edition to air before Neighbours makes its move from Channel Ten to Eleven next year. Meanwhile, it is expected to be transmitted in the UK in early 2011.

About time they revieled who pushed paul! Rebecca is fecked :eek: uh oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Poor Rebecca, I was thinking it wouldn't be as simple as her walking in and handing the divorce papers. Was she the person who was texting Susan all along? I wonder will Kate figure out she was responsible.

I enjoyed Karl serenading Susan, she seemed very impressed and happy.

Neighbours character Mark Brennan will stay on the soap for another year, it has been revealed.

Scott McGregor will continue to play the detective, who has been investigating the attempted murder of Paul Robinson.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "Scott McGregor, who plays Mark, was brought in for a few weeks to cover the investigation into Paul's attack.

"But the girls went mad for him. We haven't seen a reaction like it for years, so his contract was extended until the end of next year.

"He's got some great stuff coming up and everyone is looking forward to how the viewers react when they see what he gets up to in 2011. There's going to be another hot relationship hitting Ramsay Street."

Poor Ringo!

And I thought Steph's life couldn't get any worse..

Poor Donna :(

Poor Ringo :(:(

Production firm FreMantleMedia Australia is to initiate cuts to crew operations on Neighbours in 2011.

The company made the decision so that a change in the soap's production model can be upgraded, according to TV Tonight.

Sources revealed that changes will include studio shoots reduced from three to two cameras, while one camera will be used for location shoots. Locations are said to be confined to the Lassiter's, Ramsay Street and occasional one-off places.

Due to the changes, the location manager and catering team have been dropped from the programme. Other roles including technical directors and art directors may also be cut.

A spokesman for FreMantleMedia Australia said: "Neighbours is undergoing a workflow upgrade to accommodate advances in technology and production techniques to ensure we are at the forefront of professionalism and efficiency.

"This initiative to contemporaise the creative and production process of Neighbours is being driven by FreMantleMedia Australia’s desire to produce the best possible programme possible.

"The Neighbours production model has been in place since 1985, it is time to evolve and adapt the international standards now used to create high-turnover drama production."

• Advertisement

Spoiler in this video:

Carla Bonner (Steph) says bye to everyone: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=472488931278

Advertisement