Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Paul thinks Lyn
    left the lights there on purpose for an insurance claim
    which caused the fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Paul thinks Lyn
    left the lights there on purpose for an insurance claim
    which caused the fire

I actually thought the same!!

Eve Morey has signed a deal with Neighbours to remain on the show for a year.

The actress, who plays Sonya Mitchell, explained that she is pleased to have the opportunity to develop her character on the soap.

She told the Daily Star: "It was wonderful on a lot of levels. It was great to know I'd be working for a year - from a struggling actor's point of view that is fantastic.

"But it also meant there is a year's worth of developing the character because she will become part of the bigger storylines instead of supporting.

"And I also knew the current storyline about Callum would be coming up so there was some meaty stuff to work with."

Morey also insisted that she's enjoyed her time on the show so far.

She added: "I've loved every minute of my time on the show. It's so much fun and I love the people I work with."

angel01 wrote: »
    Eve Morey has signed a deal with Neighbours to remain on the show for a year.

The actress, who plays Sonya Mitchell, explained that she is pleased to have the opportunity to develop her character on the soap.

She told the Daily Star: "It was wonderful on a lot of levels. It was great to know I'd be working for a year - from a struggling actor's point of view that is fantastic.

"But it also meant there is a year's worth of developing the character because she will become part of the bigger storylines instead of supporting.

"And I also knew the current storyline about Callum would be coming up so there was some meaty stuff to work with."

Morey also insisted that she's enjoyed her time on the show so far.

She added: "I've loved every minute of my time on the show. It's so much fun and I love the people I work with."

:D I like Sonya, some fresh air into Ramsey Street.. Also noticed they have replaced Steph with her in the opening credits.. (Sitting beside Libby)

dieter_main_large.jpg?1298987394
    As Home and Away's Shane Parrish he played one half of Summer Bay's most beloved couples, opposite breakout star Melissa George as Angel; now, 15 years after leaving the sun-drenched soap and with a turn in hit Aussie series Underbelly to his name, hunk Dieter Brummer is set to stir up the Ramsay Street locals with a guest role on Neighbours.

The 35-year-old Sydney-based star is relocating to Melbourne for a seven-week stint on the show, playing Captain Troy Miller. And, as the former boyfriend of Sonya Mitchell, it's safe to say that not everyone in Erinsborough will be laying down the welcome mat for the sexy soldier, who's guaranteed to see plenty of heavy combat during his time on the Street.

Dieter memorably departed Home and Away in 1996 - his performance as Shane having earned him two Silver Logies for Most Popular Actor - and went on to pursue other interests, also cropping up for guest roles in home-grown shows. In 2009 he joined the cast of Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities as corrupt cop Trevor Haken, winning critical acclaim and returning for follow-up series Underbelly: The Golden Mile.

It may have been a while since UK viewers last saw Dieter onscreen, but from what Neighbours bosses are saying we reckon his latest gig will be worth the wait. 'We are delighted that Dieter is joining us and very excited about the character he is playing,' says executive producer Susan Bower. 'The Captain will certainly leave his mark on Ramsay Street.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ I bet he is Callum's daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

Oooh yum yum. He looks even better than he did all those years ago in Summer Bay! Teenage crush is reignited.

did Toadie ever find out about the whole Sonya/Callum thing? I missed it.. and does Jade know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Ok how does Jade and Sonya know Callum is her son and Callum doesnt know Sonya is his mother. Did she give him away when he was a baby or what? I dont get this storyline:mad:

blondie7 wrote: »
    Ok how does Jade and Sonya know Callum is her son and Callum doesnt know Sonya is his mother. Did she give him away when he was a baby or what? I dont get this storyline:mad:

Callum used live with his grandmother when Steph introduced him to Toadie I think he may have been adopted as I think Steph said his mother was dead. I think when his gran became sick he came to stay with Toadie and he adopted him. Sonya is his birth mother maybe thats why she started hanging with him and Toadie to begin with.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Callum used live with his grandmother when Steph introduced him to Toadie I think he may have been adopted as I think Steph said his mother was dead. I think when his gran became sick he came to stay with Toadie and he adopted him. Sonya is his birth mother maybe thats why she started hanging with him and Toadie to begin with.

Ok was this Sonyas mother or who? Like how would they be able to recognise Callum and for him not to be able to recognise them? I just dont get it maybe im having a blonde moment or something :D

Ok was this Sonyas mother or who? Like how would they be able to recognise Callum and for him not to be able to recognise them? I just dont get it maybe im having a blonde moment or something :D

Maybe Sonya searched for her son and found it was Callum before she befriended him and Toadie

Maybe Sonya searched for her son and found it was Callum before she befriended him and Toadie

Maybe she did alright. Im going to miss Donna when she leaves wish she would take Tash with her. That girl is so whiney:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya def not a tash fan. wish andrew and summer would be able to get together. loving the story line bout rebecca and michael at the min. you can really feel the chemisty between them. Lynn is def annoying me at the min. i agree she is very winny. there is only so much of it i can take. wonder if they will ever do anything with callum and kate's sister. ( sorry mental block at the min)

Natalie Blair has revealed that she "couldn't resist" the chance to return to Neighbours for her former co-star Jane Hall's departure storyline.

The actress's character Carmella Cammeniti will soon reappear on Ramsay Street for two episodes, sparking the exit of Hall's alter ego Rebecca Robinson.

Carmella makes her comeback alongside partner Oliver Barnes (David Hoflin), who is determined to help mum Rebecca amid her ongoing blackmail problem with husband Paul.

In an interview with TV Week, Blair explained: "Oliver and Carmella - who live overseas with little Chloe - return to help Rebecca in her time of need.

"They all have a history with Paul Robinson, and so they come back to protect Rebecca and watch out for her best interests."

Discussing why she agreed to the brief return, Blair added: "When we found out it was just for two episodes - and knowing it was for Jane Hall - that's what made us go, 'Oh it's for Jane! We can't not come back for Jane!' David and I are very, very close to her, so we couldn't resist."

Blair and Hoflin - currently based in Los Angeles - have also been a couple in real life for the past three years.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a307540/natalie-blair-explains-neighbours-return.html

:D:D So happy Oliver and Carmella are coming back even though its only for 2 episodes..

Come on neighbours, top it off and bring back Rosie and Frazer :)

Cookie33 wrote: »
    :D:D So happy Oliver and Carmella are coming back even though its only for 2 episodes..

Come on neighbours, top it off and bring back Rosie and Frazer :)

Yes please we need some of the old cast members back. Id like to see max come back aswell and look after summer properly. Neighbours has changed alot over the last couple of years they should bring back the house of trousers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Yes please we need some of the old cast members back. Id like to see max come back aswell and look after summer properly. Neighbours has changed alot over the last couple of years they should bring back the house of trousers :D

Max should be back really, he is Summers dad and hasnt contacted her for months (haha listen to me, you'd think it was real life :D) and now that Charlie is motherless for a while he should look after him too...he'd be entitled to full custody of Charlie before Lyn would.

I miss Ringo :(:( No hope of him coming back :(:(

I would love Harry to come back to the show...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Bring back Billy Kennedy YUM!!! :D

Jesse Spencer is HOT in House!

• Advertisement

Max should be back really, he is Summers dad and hasnt contacted her for months (haha listen to me, you'd think it was real life :D) and now that Charlie is motherless for a while he should look after him too...he'd be entitled to full custody of Charlie before Lyn would.

I wasnt that fussed on Max. Charlie is Max's son, right? or some biker dude? (I forget). Didn't Max go and work on some oil rig?

Neighbours star Jane Hall has discussed her decision to leave the soap, explaining that it was the right time to "move on" from Ramsay Street.

The actress has already filmed her final scenes as Rebecca Robinson, which air in Australia next week and in the UK in April.

Speaking to TV Week about her three-year Neighbours stint, Hall said: "It was fabulous while it lasted, but it's finished for me now. I think my character has come a long way and has had some pretty crazy stuff happen to her, but it was time to move on."

Rebecca's departure ties in with the brief return of her son Oliver (David Hoflin) and his partner Carmella (Natalie Blair), who arrive to help the bar manager amid her ongoing struggles with husband Paul.

Hall explained: "Rebecca's relationship with Paul had deteriorated to such a point that she felt there was no hope for it. She'd exhausted every possibility with him time and time again.

"You'll see someone who's taking on a new path in her life and who's starting to move in a more positive direction and look for a different way to live."

I'd like to see Rebecca leave with Michael and then Tasha can pi$$ off also

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I love Lyn :(:(:(

At this rate, will there be anyone left?

Surely Summer and Charlie will leave with Lyn unless Toadie or the Kennedys take them in

Surely Summer and Charlie will leave with Lyn unless Toadie or the Kennedys take them in

i can understand if charlie left.. he didnt add much value anyway.. i reckon summer will stay with the kennedy's seeing as they love to take in strays (toadie, lori, taj, ringo, sunny)

Looks like Kym (who plays Libby) is in a bad way again :(
    Kym Valentine has taken indefinite leave from Neighbours.

The actress is said to be recovering from a depressive illness following a series of health issues.

Executive producer Susan Bower explained that the soap star has the full support of the production team.

She said: "Kym is a much-loved member of the Ramsay St family and her health is our paramount concern.

"We wish her all the best with her recovery and we'll continue to provide support where appropriate."

Valentine, who plays Libby Kennedy in the drama, came down with pneumonia in 2008 and a collapsed lung on a flight from the US to Melbourne.

After taking a month off, she returned to the show in July last year but was admitted to hospital with a blood clot in her lungs. In December she checked herself into a private hospital suffering from exhaustion.

Valentine returned to Neighbours in January but has had health problems once again.

The character of Libby has been written out of the show in what a source described as a "nice and neat way".

The insider explained: "It has been done so when she is ready to return she can walk straight back into the show."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Could someone fill me in on the show please. Used to rarely watch Neighbours but beginning to watch it in the last week or so. Think it is brilliant. Couple of questions though. If Sonya (who I love-she is a brilliant actor...i am obsessed with her) is the mother of Callum and the fella (dont know name) is the father would he not know her. Also the other girl, who is she?

• Advertisement

closeline wrote: »
    Could someone fill me in on the show please. Used to rarely watch Neighbours but beginning to watch it in the last week or so. Think it is brilliant. Couple of questions though. If Sonya (who I love-she is a brilliant actor...i am obsessed with her) is the mother of Callum and the fella (dont know name) is the father would he not know her. Also the other girl, who is she?

Sonya is Callum's birth mother, Jade is her sister and Toadie is Callum adopted father

Advertisement