Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant? anyone hear yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Got word back ... they sent me an affadavit to get completed to prove my parents are separated

I'm technically considered not eligible for the grant, but have special circumstances, which, in fairness to them means that they are actually considering me.

Fair play to them, whatever the outcome, at least I know they had a look at my form.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Got a call from meath vec asking if my da was still on his sw benefit, which he is but I don't see why they're bothered when they're only considering last years income:confused: Ah well they said I'd be getting a letter in a few days, that was thursday- so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or tuesday:) Or sometime during the week at least:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Collected mine today, Wicklow County Council in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

My 3 friends and I are in DIT but are with Cork County VEC. Two of them rang today about the grant, both are reapplying as am I. you would think it shouldnt be that difficult. both got bounced to 3 different opperators before they're questions were delt with. Our course is a 5 year course but they changed it to 4 years so there is a load of confusion over our course, even though we all sent them letters from our college saying that ours is a FIVE year course. what is the problem like!

Im afraid to ring cause I might actually loose it with the person on the other end of the line!

I NEED MY GRANT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Cork City HEA grants should be available for pick up in UCC from Monday the 16th. I was told that today by someone from the grants department in city hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Got a letter from my vec today saying I'd got the grant:D
    Just have to send a letter back confirming that I want it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 eurojedward

My college housemate didn't receive his grant until April last year. That killdare vec for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Got the grant on 30th Of October.

But it seems mine got cut in half, as compared to last year :mad::mad:

Did anybody else who is with Kerry County Council get cut if half? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

My Dad rang County Cork VEC today. Apparently they are dealing with 1st years first and I am to ring back in a week. and your wan needs to run it passed her supervisor just to be sure about Biomed being a 5 year course.

I swear, by the time they get it processed I will have starved to death! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

GOt my first check today, lodged it straight away, now all i need is for meath to refund me my registration fee and il be able to stop worrying about trying to get in and out of college without paying.

• Advertisement

Heard back from the Clondalkin Partnership fund ... they're giving me nothing, so its not looking good for maintenance fund either!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

When did you apply to the partnership fund? We have had nothing back about that yet. Thats awful but maybe they didnt award anything without knowing you are getting a grant or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 candysapple

heard back today from Dublin CC (gave in application last week of august). The letter said I've received level NA1, tried to call to see what that means but no success. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Non-adjacent level 1 I think, which would be €3,420.

EDIT: Got that backwards. According to this you get half your tuition fees payed.

loca1 wrote: »
    When did you apply to the partnership fund? We have had nothing back about that yet. Thats awful but maybe they didnt award anything without knowing you are getting a grant or not.

I put my application in on the very last day possible, which was October 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I am so frustrated with South Dublin County Council - they are so inefficient and borderline incompetent! No wonder the public service has such a bad name!

I received a letter today saying they needed further documentation - one which they were already given, and one which does not apply to me (a p45 which I can't get as I still work for my employer), and which they have already discussed with me on 4 previous occasions.

On the phone today I was told the person dealing with my application is out till next week. Having been left on hold for 10 minutes they eventually told me they couldn't understand what was needed or why, so I would have wait until next week for a phone call from the relevant person.

How hard is it to comprehend that I don't need / can't get a p45?????!

I am so frustrated with South Dublin County Council - they are so inefficient and borderline incompetent! No wonder the public service has such a bad name!

I received a letter today saying they needed further documentation - one which they were already given, and one which does not apply to me (a p45 which I can't get as I still work for my employer), and which they have already discussed with me on 4 previous occasions.

On the phone today I was told the person dealing with my application is out till next week. Having been left on hold for 10 minutes they eventually told me they couldn't understand what was needed or why, so I would have wait until next week for a phone call from the relevant person.

How hard is it to comprehend that I don't need / can't get a p45?????!

That was my situation.

If you can't get a p45, are you working? Being paid?
    Either a letter from your employer (im my case - PGDE)
    or a payslip should clear that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 squitty

Cork City HEA grants should be available for pick up in UCC from Monday the 16th. I was told that today by someone from the grants department in city hall.

I don't get that... Why would I give them my bank details if the grants are being given out by the UCC fees office?? I thought the money was supposed to go directly into bank accounts this year although I've not seen any of mine and I'm not happy about it either! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Is anybody waiting on the PLC maintenance grant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fahion_obsessed

I finally got through to someone when I called in today to meath co council!!...they are waiting for some signature from their executives...and they said I will get an answer this week....which means by the end of next week definitely!!icon7.gif

• Advertisement

Heh, I wouldn't hold my breath. I was told I'd have confirmation on Monday of last week. Still no word. And on top of that I got a "Final notice of payment" letter from UCD today. Guess I'm going to have to call and complain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Anyone know when the COCO would usually reimburse the student who gets a grant but had to pay the reg fees pout of their own pocket. I was forced to take out a very high interest loan for it under the assumption that it would be paid back to be pretty soon. Its about four weeks now and still no word, very annoying the college keep saying that its up to the coco and i can never get through to them. I already spent all my grant trying to reduce the interest on it so im flat borke again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Finally got a letter today from them! got the full rate grant and the top up grant aswell! loving it!

hope i can get my reg fees back easy enough as my mam took out a loan for them!

Congrats! Hopefully this'll be the first of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

I'm in the same boat....its been 8 weeks since City of Dublin VEC got my app, so hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer. Though I have a feeling it might be a bit longer, as Dublin obviously have more apps to deal with. Fingers crossed though, that money could come in really handy coming up to Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Still nothing!!!! They got in touch with me weeks ago for further documentation - which I got for them after a whole heap of trouble - and nothing!!!!!

I'm guessing I got this letter from UCD about paying the fees, but I haven't been home to get my post!

I literally will have to drop out if I don't get it - no way to pay the reg fee or continue living in Dublin if I don't -but this waiting is killing me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ericka

I applied to Dublin VEC in August and got a letter of receipt last month, but thats it since. Anybody hear anything recently? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Am in TCD and got the grant from Donegal CC. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭tuom

HI

My daughter is in UL we got the grant offer letter this week, 75% + full fees phew, could be a few weeks though before we see anything, hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Socrates

Collected my grant today, Cork County Council

Happy days

Advertisement