Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant? anyone hear yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Just to let people know i got the remittance advice email this morning so the grant should be in my account in around 2 days (took that to clear last time)

Dublin city council btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

GAAman wrote: »
    Just to let people know i got the remittance advice email this morning so the grant should be in my account in around 2 days (took that to clear last time)

Dublin city council btw
    Thats great news thanks for the headsup. Hopefully I will hea about mine soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

finally hard about mine. However i was told that as they missed the january payment, it will more than likely be the april payment before i get anything. Hope to christ registration fee will be returned long before then.

I think its very convient that the payment cut came in on jan 1st, and suddenly grants seem to be sorted in the majority . So not only are they taking 5% of januarys and aprils payments, they will more than likly take that 5% off the october payment as well even though it should have been paid back then.

hhmmmm something not right there to me.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

wobbles wrote: »
    finally hard about mine. However i was told that as they missed the january payment, it will more than likely be the april payment before i get anything. Hope to christ registration fee will be returned long before then.

I think its very convient that the payment cut came in on jan 1st, and suddenly grants seem to be sorted in the majority . So not only are they taking 5% of januarys and aprils payments, they will more than likly take that 5% off the october payment as well even though it should have been paid back then.

hhmmmm something not right there to me.............

There is no "more than likely" -- they will! If you'd applied at the appropriate time, this wouldn't have happened!

Tough titty, as they say in Spain.

wobbles wrote: »

It might not be the case, is this Dublin city council? I ask because they were hugely late in processing mine last year and i got the oct and jan's payment in feb so keep at them about it and if possible get a local TD on the ball
    There is no "more than likely" -- they will! If you'd applied at the appropriate time, this wouldn't have happened!

You are honestly as helpful as AIDS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭- bo -

I tried ringing Meath Co.Council on Monday only to be told by answering machines that they only accept enquiries about grants on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm, due to the "large volume of calls" :rolleyes: that leaves all these calls occurring in a 2-hour window every week, clever..

Anyways for anyone wondering, I rang Wednesday and was told the cheques would be sent out towards the end of this week coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Haha from where in my post did i mention when i had applied. I actually had it sent in well before the deadline, so maybe if you should take the time to actually read the post, rather than jump to conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

- bo - wrote: »
    I tried ringing Meath Co.Council on Monday only to be told by answering machines that they only accept enquiries about grants on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm, due to the "large volume of calls" :rolleyes: that leaves all these calls occurring in a 2-hour window every week, clever..

Anyways for anyone wondering, I rang Wednesday and was told the cheques would be sent out towards the end of this week coming...

Does that mean today or the week ending the 7th of feb? IM pretty broke and need that money pronto!

brownacid wrote: »
    Does that mean today or the week ending the 7th of feb? IM pretty broke and need that money pronto!

It'd be the week ending the 7th unfortunately, so expect it Thu/Fri the 4th/5th.. and tell me about it, earlier today I had to head to the Credit Union for a €300 loan to pay rent and bills when Im waiting for it, had to do similar with a €600 bank loan during semester 1 to cover a couple months rent...

Just so everyone knows (and i said it on the DCC thread) second installment of the grant is in from this mornin (Dublin city council)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hapenny

still waiting for my first installment since september!! its a long haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

hapenny wrote: »

Same as that, finally got confirmation that I was getting it two weeks ago

No sign of the cold hard cash yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

I received both installments in a timely fashion, and as a result have no financial problems.

Juts thought I'd let you all know!:pac:

hapenny wrote: »
    mud wrote: »
    Same as that, finally got confirmation that I was getting it two weeks ago

No sign of the cold hard cash yet :(

Well lads as i said above if you were not given the first installment you should be getting both installments together with this one (oct and feb together) and if they say otherwise you rear up on them as you are entitled to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

Anyone know when Fingal Coco are planning on paying the second installment??
    I had it already this time last year:(

Anyone waiting on Level 8 2nd installment cheques from Meath Co.Co, I got an email from my college (Athlone IT) yesterday saying that its ready for collection...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Got my PLC grant acceptance form filled and sent in last week, now to play the waiting game...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bethm24

Is Anyone still having trouble getting grant? i am still having trouble prooving my address. !!! any one have any experience in this? i cant take much more:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Has anyone got their 2nd installment of the grant from Fingal co.co.
    Thought this should have come thru by now.

Checked with the bank today as my first payment came thru by electronic transfer back in October. No joy.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

got meath coco 2nd installment yesterday, apparently was in on monday, wish trinity would set up an email system to tell you its in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

brownacid wrote: »
    got meath coco 2nd installment yesterday, apparently was in on monday, wish trinity would set up an email system to tell you its in.

The people in house five are generally quite moany I find..so I wouldnt expect to get an email of them..at least you got yours though:(

They are a bunch of unhelpful cows, it sridculous how bad they are, any sort of question gets greeted with an extremely snappy answer. Its as if the resent teh fact that you are there to get a grant or maybe its just that they are sitting behind a desk catering to stuidents all day long and just bitter that they are secretaries basically

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown CC payments shoule be in soon -just got an email from them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown CC payments shoule be in soon -just got an email from them. :D
    I got an email on Friday from the same council about my second instalment. The amount was less than I expected, i.e. one-third of the total granted last August.

I have checked this out on the internet and it seems that grants were cut in the December budget. However, the only hard figures I can find are on studentfinance.ie
    http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7559/check-grant-levels/index.html
    These show the new amounts, but there is no reference on the site to them having been cut since the grants for 2009/2010 were approved last year.

I would have thought that any changes to the grant amounts in the budget could not affect existing approved grants.

Are other councils cutting grant payments in the current academic year?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

I would have thought that any changes to the grant amounts in the budget could not affect existing approved grants.
    It seems I was wrong, according to this extract from Batt O'Keefe's response to a question about grants from Aengus O Snodaigh:

"As announced in the Budget, a reduction of 5% is being applied to the rates of student grants and scholarships. This reduction is being implemented in respect of all existing and new grant-holders from January 2010. This reduction is broadly in line with reductions in other income maintenance payments including those for the unemployed."

The full text of the minister's statement can be read here:
    http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2010-01-28.690.0

Is this legal though? My letter clearly states the amount to be granted for the year 2009/10, with no caveats, provisos or small print about a subsequent reduction being permissible for any reason other than an incomplete or inaccurate application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Anyone else on here dealing with Limerick Coco?

I got my letter a few weeks ago to say I was approved for the full maintenance grant, she said I would have the first two payments by last friday at the latest . . . guess what?

Still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Rahc

mud wrote: »
    Anyone else on here dealing with Limerick Coco?

I got my letter a few weeks ago to say I was approved for the full maintenance grant, she said I would have the first two payments by last friday at the latest . . . guess what?

Still waiting :(

I only got my letter today - full grant too! Looks like I'll be waiting till April to get anything, but at least I know I've been approved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Has anybody heard from South Dublin CC about the second installment of grants into bank accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

phasers wrote: »
    Has anybody heard from South Dublin CC about the second installment of grants into bank accounts?

Nope, still waiting on the tallaght vec to send it through. Tried ringing them all week, keep getting cut off with an automatic response saying that their phones have to close after 1pm, even though i'm ringing at 11am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭sungear

I haven't heard back from SDCC Vec at all (besides a letter ages ago that they received my application) other than that I've heard nothing, what should I do? if I approach them am I gonna be in the sin bin, how much longer can they leave it?? at this stage I think I have to approach them, anyone else have this experience from SDCC Vec ? or has anyone received payments?

Advertisement