Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2009-2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yup. Thats why he was allowed play the junior football. If he got 2 months or over I think he'd be disqualified from both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yup. Thats why he was allowed play the junior football. If he got 2 months or over I think he'd be disqualified from both.

When was the junior game. I was talking to a County Board member on Thursday and was told that he was NOT suspended for any particular length of time at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

What did he do lads I seemed to have missed this completely?

It was a De La Salle commitee guy we were talking too and thats the reply he gave us. We were speaking to him today.
    Umm the match.. Its in the news and star once I find it I'll let you know. It was at the weekend anyway.

Premier.... You really don't want to know :pac:

What did he do lads I seemed to have missed this completely?

Won a free against Ballygunner in the quarter finals and then hit out at two Ballygunner players with the hurley

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Won a free against Ballygunner in the quarter finals and then hit out at two Ballygunner players with the hurley

The first he punched :rolleyes: Then there was hysteria over him being on the siedelines for the replay.. A Ballygunner man went out onot the pitch to tell him to get Mullane to leave. The Ref then told Mullane to leave, even though 1) Ballygunner man had no right on the pitch to speak to the ref, 2) no rules state Mullane cant be on the sidelines.

EDIT: De la Salle vs Rathgormack Junior football Friday 18th

Sorry to double post but this should really be first page, you'd think the semis wernt on in two days time.

Out of curiosty how many on boards are from Waterford?? I know me Deise Tom, Daysha and deisedude.

Can't wait for Sunday. What time is the offical start for the western semi?? I've heard everything from 4:15 to 5:30! Anyone shed some light? :)

Sorry to double post but this should really be first page, you'd think the semis wernt on in two days time.

Out of curiosty how many on boards are from Waterford?? I know me Deise Tom, Deise and deisedude.

Can't wait for Sunday. What time is the offical start for the western semi?? I've heard everything from 4:15 to 5:30! Anyone shed some light? :)

The game in Dungarvan has a 5pm start. Kieran and Shiner will be doing their but from around 4-45pm on WLR.

Just wondering, does anyone think that people that go to the game in Waterford on Sunday should get a ticket going in which if they present in Fraher Field they would get in for free instead of paying twice.

On second thoughts, would some people pass them on to others so that they are getting in for nothing if it was done. Wont really bother me as i have a county board pass, but there is others that would like to go to both games and having to pay twice, the day could turn out very expensive, expecially say for farmers etc who might have to pay someone to milk cows etc in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The game in Dungarvan has a 5pm start. Kieran and Shiner will be doing their but from around 4-45pm on WLR.

Just wondering, does anyone think that people that go to the game in Waterford on Sunday should get a ticket going in which if they present in Fraher Field they would get in for free instead of paying twice.

On second thoughts, would some people pass them on to others so that they are getting in for nothing if it was done. Wont really bother me as i have a county board pass, but there is others that would like to go to both games and having to pay twice, the day could turn out very expensive, expecially say for farmers etc who might have to pay someone to milk cows etc in the evening.

Thats a great idea therefore you can discount the likelihood of it happening!:p:( Great to hear the game is on WLR, i'm in the states so cant go unfortunately.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Out of curiosty how many on boards are from Waterford?? I know me Deise Tom, Deise and deisedude.
    :)

Ultimate Chin and KevIRL are blaa's too i think:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Kev_IRL and flahavaj as well.

Do you think they'd be relaxed about the staring of the 2nd match?? We're really considering doing both but if you get caught in traffic trying to get out.. im sure we'll go for it anyway :D

Yeh it would be good idea coz your going to end up paying a bit for both matches, well I get in free but for the brother and dad or whoever.
    Knowing the Gah it will be last thing they think of. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deisedude wrote: »
    Ultimate Chin and KevIRL are blaa's too i think:D
    Ive been found out :pac:
    Blaa and proud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Daysha wrote: »
    Kev_IRL and flahavaj as well.

Ha, nice to be known.

Blaa and proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm from Waterford too.

Don't forget some of the others too. I'm still sure either premierstone or Orizio are deisemen in disguise :)

So there is a few Waterfordians :) Good to hear!

Really, would you think so:eek: I cant even picture premier or orizo cheering on the deise! :pac:

*Stars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'm white and blue born and bred too!

Anyone know what the story is with Abbeyside and ballinacourty?
    I just glanced at it there but can't really follow what they're saying. Something about Mark Fives and Richie Foley not training??

Anyone know what the story is with Abbeyside and ballinacourty?
    I just glanced at it there but can't really follow what they're saying. Something about Mark Fives and Richie Foley not training??

have heard that things are not good there. did not ask anyone within the club and would not. Shafting PAt moore (if as some suggest he was) i say would not help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

from Waterford too :D great to catch up on the club scene as well as county goings on

anyone know who won between mount sion and ballygunner?

will listen to second game on wlr

tonc76 wrote: »
    from Waterford too :D great to catch up on the club scene as well as county goings on

anyone know who won between mount sion and ballygunner?

will listen to second game on wlr

The gunners won and in a very entertaining game of hurling Lismore beat Ballyduff 1-22 to 2-12. Ballyduff missed Molumphy big time.

Yeh they won by 4 points in the end.. 1:14 to 13points I think. It was a kinda dead game, Tont touched the ball about twice, Eoin Mc was running non stop but he didn't go anywhere, Ken looked like a ghost, though in fairness he was the better of the three.
    It was a poor game, O'Sullivan played well for Ballygunner, and O' Keefe made another great save.

Highlight of that match was without a doubt, Mount Sions 6 point. The wing back Chris Ryan went from his side of the pitch to the other trying to pick up the ball and not once did he control it but not once did a ballygunner guy. In the end he brought it right up and got a point for it... You wouldn't see the likes in a junior match! :rolleyes:

The second game was more lively but you could see Lismore were always in a great position. Ballyduff had horrible wides. Whatever about angles being hard but some just hit the ball striaght infront of them, into nowhere.. From a free.. I think their best player by far was Adrian Power, had a smashing game. Made a save or two, scored 4 points and was responisble for the first goal.
    On the other side Maurice Shanahan had a stormer, 11 points I think? And the frees wern't exactly easy either.

I look forward to the final. I'd say Ballygunner will be favourites but I wouldn't rule out Lismore. Depends how intrested Ballygunner are on the day.

Yeh they won by 4 points in the end.. 1:14 to 13points I think. It was a kinda dead game, Tont touched the ball about twice, Eoin Mc was running non stop but he didn't go anywhere, Ken looked like a ghost, though in fairness he was the better of the three.
    It was a poor game, O'Sullivan played well for Ballygunner, and O' Keefe made another great save.

Highlight of that match was without a doubt, Mount Sions 6 point. The wing back Chris Ryan went from his side of the pitch to the other trying to pick up the ball and not once did he control it but not once did a ballygunner guy. In the end he brought it right up and got a point for it... You wouldn't see the likes in a junior match! :rolleyes:

The second game was more lively but you could see Lismore were always in a great position. Ballyduff had horrible wides. Whatever about angles being hard but some just hit the ball striaght infront of them, into nowhere.. From a free.. I think their best player by far was Adrian Power, had a smashing game. Made a save or two, scored 4 points and was responisble for the first goal.
    On the other side Maurice Shanahan had a stormer, 11 points I think? And the frees wern't exactly easy either.

I look forward to the final. I'd say Ballygunner will be favourites but I wouldn't rule out Lismore. Depends how intrested Ballygunner are on the day.

Did you notice that the four points Adrian scored he brought the ball back towards his own goal 3 or four yards from where it was awarded. Made a change from free takers bringing the ball 3 or 4 yard forward.

Yeh we were laughing at that especially as at the other side Landers was trying to push it up. Do you know what the logic was in Landers taking frees from the halfway? Okay if he was going to get the point but surely someone else could have just hit them.

At this stage of thr championship having seen nobody up to full back inter county standard I would almost say a goalie should be put in their as a sweeper effert. Really, really unadvisable and I wouldn't recomend it for any team anywhere but I don't think Deccie should be back in there.

Yeh we were laughing at that especially as at the other side Landers was trying to push it up. Do you know what the logic was in Landers taking frees from the halfway? Okay if he was going to get the point but surely someone else could have just hit them.

At this stage of thr championship having seen nobody up to full back inter county standard I would almost say a goalie should be put in their as a sweeper effert. Really, really unadvisable and I wouldn't recomend it for any team anywhere but I don't think Deccie should be back in there.

I have seen Cider hit them from distance before and scoring. Maybe the management team were hoping he could do it again, and felt that Maurice would be more beneficial lurking in and around the goal. (Pity Davy does not do the same with Eoin Kelly - but thats another argument). Dave Bennett would possibly have been the best target to hit them from Lismore's own half of the field.

Saw all senior teams this year but one (Passage) and did not see a full back that stands out amongst them. Maybe Shane fives might be worth a try there. I know he is only playing junior hurling with Tourin right now, but if they come up as they are secretly expecting to it should stand to him in the years ahead.

Uhh Bennet is for another argument too! He was hitting the ball uselessly again and if he starts to miss frees he should be taken off. They don't have much better though..

Yeh I wouldn't mind to much about his club but wouldn't like to put an under 21 full back. He most likely will play there in a few years unless a miracle forms.. But I can't get over how we have so many teams but one position that they have been trying to fill for how many years!

Would've liked to have been at the matches today, sounded like good games.

Obviously the head and the heart hope to see the Gunners pull off the victory, but I wouldn't deny Lismore that first county championship in years. Would be nice to see lads like Dan lift the cup after the tough time he's had this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Daysha wrote: »
    Don't forget some of the others too. I'm still sure either premierstone or Orizio are deisemen in disguise :)

While I cant speak for Orizio I can 100% guarantee as my location suggests I am not from Waterford ;):p

• Advertisement

While I cant speak for Orizio I can 100% guarantee as my location suggests I am not from Waterford ;):p

Ohh Burn. :P

Given Lismores records for finals you'd have to wonder but they played a good game yesterday, they have improved alot since the summer. Though in fairness Ballyduffs forwards were very useless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement