Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2009-2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I got up at 8am for this!! I have to make do with listening to it on WLR Fm, a fear of AI final 08 is coming into my mind now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Oh and Davy can fcuk off after this one too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

babyjames wrote: »
    I agree Tom I had to walk out of the pub , (I live in Kilkenny) Go away Davy

And those that refused to listen to what was said last year and with the last few years should go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Oh sweet Jesus this is terrible for Waterford. I saw a few goals coming but didn't see this coming. Embarassing is what it is for Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

I think he is tyring to force our star players out Dan, Ken and now ( I might be wrong but) Eion kelly, Maybe he is looking for payback against waterford for when he was playing for Clare????
    Deise Tom wrote: »
    And those that refused to listen to what was said last year and with the last few years should go as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Yikes :eek:

3 Subs for the second half. Unfiortunatly there is three still there that should not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I hope Davy stays in Waterford cause i sure dont want him coming back to manage Clare.

lol

I hope Davy stays in Waterford cause i sure dont want him coming back to manage Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I wouldn't wish him on any team tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

His Daddy has already given him the Clare job

A junior B team would not take him after this display.

Clareman wrote: »

Should have given it to him 2 years ago.

I feel sorry for our players , They do not deserve this:mad:

Mega Chin wrote: »
    I wouldn't wish him on any team tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Couldn't afford him then and he was just after taking the Waterford team.

Clareman wrote: »
    Looking at clares minor team that's the worst possible thing for them.They have some great hurlers and I see him ruining them

The general consensus is that he wanted to take the job after next year, his father has 3 years left in his term, this years results meant that the Sparrow was leaving and if Davy didn't take it this year that he wouldn't get it for a few years.

You've to love rumours :)

babyjames wrote: »
    I feel sorry for our players , They do not deserve this:mad:

Every genuine Waterford fan will feel for the players this evening and for some time to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Daysha wrote: »

Suppose the main questions to be asked over the coming months are...
    • Is Davy Fitz the right man to lead us? .
    Definitely;)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Its a bit monotonous all this blaming Davy - the full back line was roasted all day long no matter what combination was put there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just very disappointing to see that performance. The thing that worries me most is that when the second goal went in, we seemed to give up. We then conceded three more goals in four minutes. It's just so not like a Waterford team to drop the head like that.

Hard to find positives after that game I have to say Kevin Moran was immense, especially in the second half. Tony Browne did an excellent job and kept Noel McGrath very quiet. And Paudie Mahony showed great professionalism to keep the scoreboard ticking over with a superb display of free taking. He didn't miss one all day. Aside from those three, we didn't really turn up.

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Its a bit monotonous all this blaming Davy - the full back line was roasted all day long no matter what combination was put there.
    What full back line? This man marking crap had everyone of our backs all over the place.Brick was supposed to be our full back and was being dragged out to the corner and the wing cause he was told to stick to his man. Absolute stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Manager totally at fault and must go. It was so obvious after 10 minutes that long quick delivery in was causing bother. Players playing out of position who were not comfortable. He has had 3 years to get players and shape of team right and has failed badly. Always altering team worrying about opposition instead of getting own team right. Bye Bye Davy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So, as it's pretty much a done deal that Davy won't be in charge down here next season, who does everyone think has a chance at it?

Is there anyone of a high enough level to take it? I can't think of anyone.

And, nationally, there aren't a huge number of top coaches available. I do think the Waterford job is a much more attractive proposition now than it was in 2008 and that might stand to us. There's the bones of a decent team there and a lot of youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Dissapointing day for waterford with the minors beaten resoundly aswell although they did bring it back to 5 points in the end. Do we know who they will be playing in the AI Q/F?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Just as well the county hurlers got them club football games called off to allow them prepare for this afternoon..they were absolutely fantastic out there the today..heroes every last one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Footballers drawn away to Limerick winners to play Wexford.

Great draw for the footballers against Limerick. Pity it is not at home however. Wexford also is the best of the four posibilities for the fourth stage of the qualifiers.

Teebor15 wrote: »
    Just as well the county hurlers got them club football games called off to allow them prepare for this afternoon..they were absolutely fantastic out there the today..heroes every last one of them!

Thank god playing football cant be blamed for not winning today. Playing Wexford the same weekend does not seem to have helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,521 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We were so so bad. I've stuck up for him in the past but Davy's gotta go and the sooner the better. Too disgusted to even bother writing up any sort of report. Suffice to say that Browne, Moran and Mahony are the only ones to emerge with any credit really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement