Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2009-2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

O Riain wrote: »
    I love how every person on this forum has a better idea then the 3 men who train the team week in week out. Aside from last years semi disaster, and thats exactly what it was, I'd be quiet confident in davy. Any word on liamy lawlor?

As in? He's fit to play if that's what your wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Waterford defender Eoin Murphy believes he may have died only for his helmet saved his life.

Last April, the talented defender suffered a fractured skull while playing for his club and there were initial fears that Murphy may not regain consciousness after he suffered a traumatic blow to the head.

However, he is on his way to a full recovery and has been told that he can go back playing hurling in August, so he has more reason than most to be hoping that his county team mates can prolong their season.

He has returned to the squad and admits that he is delighted to be able to return and even if he only plays a small role, he will be more than happy.

"I wouldn't be here," Murphy says unequivocally. "The helmet saved my life. I feel that if I can even contribute 1pc then it's worth doing. "So, I was delighted when Davy said he'd like to have me around. I mean, it's been a way of life to me anyway for 10 years now and I was missing going in. All I want is for Waterford to win an All-Ireland. Whether I'm playing or not, if I can help, that's what I'll do."

all i can say is thank god he's making a full recovery,and if he makes the squad this year or next,its a bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

As in? He's fit to play if that's what your wondering.

tis what im wondering alright.
    Alot of people have concerns over Moran going in centre back, now I know he hasnt done it at inter-county for us yet but lads anyone who has seen the man there for De La Salle, he has given match winnen displays day in day out there and i for one would not be worried in the slightest. My only complaint is that rather than move brick back i would move him into midfield but hey we'll see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Deisetrek wrote: »
    Add in the 1993 Munster Final perhaps ? :D

Why what happened in that game?? Or are you one of the gullible who bought into Ger loughnanes spin that Tipp were laughing at Clare? If we were so over confident and arrogant that day how did we beat Clare out the gate??

Wheres the best place to go for a drink around the Pairc lads? also for parking is just going into a carpark in the city the best option?

• Advertisement

galway are beating cork 1-19 to 1-12

its not over yet

its over galway hammered cork 2-23 to 1-14 or something like that

We really don't want to be losing tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

We really don't want to be losing tomoro.

If Antrim win tonight, we deffo get Galway. If Limerick win, does it have to be a draw at all for the QFs?

Off out the door to Parnell Park myself to see the LK/Ant match.

chinguetti wrote: »
    If Antrim win tonight, we deffo get Galway. If Limerick win, does it have to be a draw at all for the QFs?

Off out the door to Parnell Park myself to see the LK/Ant match.

No regardless of whether Antrim win or lose Galway can't play Dublin which means they play either us or Tipp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waterford footballers leading London 1-06-0-02 in the all ireland senoir championship Quilfers round 2 and could get to the third round for the first time in history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Waterford footballers leading London 1-06-0-02 in the all ireland senoir championship Quilfers round 2 and could get to the third round for the first time in history.

Limerick at home would be nice in the draw if we do. We are owed a home game by not surely. Have not have one in a long time. I think Carlow was the last time we had one, or was that in the Tommy Murphy Cup. Waterford won well, scored 7 goals that day.

1-10 to 0-5 at Half time. London down to 14 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

that was tommy murphy Tom. we've never won a qualifier. i think the last home qualifer was against Armagh when they were all ireland champions

anyone know the score in the limerick game ?

never mind i have it here

Limerick 3-22
    Antrim 0-12

never mind i have it here

Limerick 3-22
    Antrim 0-12

sorry aboput the double post lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Limerick at home would be nice in the draw if we do. We are owed a home game by not surely. Have not have one in a long time. I think Carlow was the last time we had one, or was that in the Tommy Murphy Cup. Waterford won well, scored 7 goals that day.

Super win. I was saying to people from all over the country this week that London are very over-rated. Ordinarily we would hold no fear of them, but their momentum and match practise might be an advantage.

Looking a who is left, Antrim at home would also be a decent one. Also Tyrone only sneaked past Longford - another team at our level.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Super win. I was saying to people from all over the country this week that London are very over-rated. Ordinarily we would hold no fear of them, but their momentum and match practise might be an advantage.

Looking a who is left, Antrim at home would also be a decent one. Also Tyrone only sneaked past Longford - another team at our level.

Great, great win. Delighted :D Can't wait to see the luck on Spillane's face :D

Though he'll probably pretend he thought Waterford would win :rolleyes:

Down aren't going well and maybe at home we could take em. A longshot but imagine...sending the all-ireland finalists out, would be huge for Waterford and if they did that they'd take serious confidence through...probably getting ahead of myself but sure ta hell with! Thrilled for the lads! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

**** you Pat Spillane ya big ****, ye might have money and football in the hunger capital of Ireland but ye'll never have brains ya ****ing Yahoo man.

HON THE ****IN DEISE DO THE FILTH TOMORROW AND GIVE THE MIDDLE FINGERS TO THE DOUBTERS

I anxiously await my ban

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Hey lawdss just wondering.
    If Waterford win tomorrow and Tipp beat Galway and Limerick beat Dublin in the quarter finals, is it an open draw for the semis?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

COME THE DEISE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Cake Man

deise_girl wrote: »
    Hey lawdss just wondering.
    If Waterford win tomorrow and Tipp beat Galway and Limerick beat Dublin in the quarter finals, is it an open draw for the semis?

Na I'd imagine we couldn't face Tipp again until the AI final so it'd be Lim/Dub.

Can't wait for tomorrow, huge huge day for us and it'd be just unreal if we could do it and beat Tipp (and obviously if the minors beat Clare). It'll be a tall order but I'll be roaring the lads on til my throat is red raw.

The very very best of luck to both minor and senior Waterford teams tomorrow.

COME ON THE DEISE

tatoo wrote: »
    The footballers price to win in London is getting bigger daily ( was odds on - now 6/4 ),
    could throwing a few quid on them to win on Saturday be a good way to get some spends for Sunday ?

Hope ya backed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just about to hit the road now. Best of luck to both minor and senior teams today

tickets should be available no bother today lads right? where do i get them? also what good pubs are there

O my sweet Lord. Questions have to be asked.

Resign Davy, this is more embarrasing than september 2008

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

I agree Tom I had to walk out of the pub , (I live in Kilkenny) Go away Davy

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Resign Davy, this is more embarrasing than september 2008

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement