Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Depends where you're located? In Galway, Harvest off license usually stock it, or in Dublin the Celtic Whiskey Shop, but it's a little expensive there.

Hmm, €45 is a bit steep alright seeing as how I'm on the Lidl whiskey myself. I might buy a bottle after the aul recession though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've gotten it for €25-30 before. Like I said, the Celtic Whiskey Shop is a bit expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

brummytom wrote: »
    I have to be a man to appreciate it? :(
    I dunno what fields and devils bit means.:P

Did ya never hear of tinker drinking, and cheap cider was all we could get as teenagers.....ah the good old days!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fugly wrote: »
    Lol, rookie mistake, although when in a rush, I have "downed it" so to speak, i never really get the burn, just a tingle. Same with poitin.

:D A lil masochistic are we? lol

Nothing wrong with pain. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Jack n coke, crack n yokes.

ROOOOOOOOOOOCK!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

Nothing wrong with pain. :P

Pervert! people like you shouldn't be allowed to drink my Jameson, only those who are pure in spirit and noble should be allowed to enjoy it. :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/wrestles for Jameson.

/beats tar with a stick/ "get your paws off my Jameson or I'll stop hitting you";)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

This thread's now nearly as vomit-inducing as that Whiskey

Weakling! There's no future if the children of today can't even drink. Stick to your alcopops and wait for puberty to arrive. :D.

• Advertisement

Weakling! There's no future if the children of today can't even drink. Stick to your alcopops and wait for puberty to arrive. :D.

Lager for me tbh, none of these alcopops.

Puberty's well and truly here.. dad keeps takin the piss of my ever-growing beard, asking if I'm plannin to join the dubliners :(

Hey I'm getting beaten here, don't interrupt. :D

Any good whiskey places in ireland, at least with a good range and I could try it out without buying a bottle, like I've been to some great whiskey only places in Scotland

lol,,, razor..? Also aren't you only turning 16? What's with alcohol? Stick to what you can handle, don't whine and insult what you can't. :)

Haha, /Tar distracted fugly gets Jameson /

"It's all mine! No Jameson for you ever!"

/stops the beating and begins the fugly happy dance! :D:D/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Whiskey is lovely. No two are the same. I will admit I drink more beer these days, though only rich flavoursome beer but I still enjoy the odd whiskey and I have 3 at home, one of which is a middleton.

I do not "down" a whiskey, it is a waste of a good drink. A single shot of whiskey can give you an hour of sipping enjoyment.

Oh of course Whiskey is also an acquired taste. I used to hate the stuff too as well as beer and I developed a taste for both. I was a non drinker until I was 24. I will be 30 at the weekend so I am still relatively young so you do not have to be 60+ to enjoy Whiskey.

Any good whiskey places in ireland, at least with a good range and I could try it out without buying a bottle, like I've been to some great whiskey only places in Scotland

Head out near me to Kibeggan and go to Lockes. The bar there will give you samples if you ask.
    If you want to start off, get a sweeter honey like whiskey such as greenore.

lol,,, razor..? Also aren't you only turning 16? What's with alcohol? Stick to what you can handle, don't whine and insult what you can't. :)

Got a razor.. I secretly want a beard but wont admit it to him (been shavin since I was 14 i think - dad was so proud :P)
    I'll stick to what I can handle... I'm getting pissed tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Some whiskey's can be rather nice OP but downing it like it's a cup of tea is never a good idea. Just because it's 40% doesn't mean it's going to be awful. I don't drink very much, once every few months but I am fond of a shot or two of the vodka below, delicous stuff:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamandagnieszka/2361922345

Saruman wrote:

Head out near me to Kibeggan and go to Lockes. The bar there will give you samples if you ask.
    If you want to start off, get a sweeter honey like whiskey such as greenore.
    Intriguing! samples you say. Not starting out, but would love to try some honey tinted whiskeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

What is the point of this drink? It's ****ing disgusting...

I'm not a drinker; at all. Spent last night at a mates, he came in with a little bottle of Bell's Scotch Whiskey (40% Alc :eek:); said "try that". Took a sip.. yeah, it was nice.
    Tried to have a bit more, this time downing a load of it. I seriously felt like screaming; it was bloody horrible!

I've never understood the alcohol thing... drinking foultasting drinks just to become completey inebriated and loose all sense of your actions?

For a start scotch isnt whiskey, the some perverted version of whiskey thats not even spelled right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I'm fond of a drop of Paddy with a little water, always goes down smooth. It just tastes nicer with water for some reason, and you still get that lovely "warming" effect...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

*giggles* wrote: »
    I'm fond of a drop of Paddy with a little water, always goes down smooth. It just tastes nicer with water for some reason, and you still get that lovely "warming" effect...:)

A splash of water brings out some of the flavours while killing the sharpness of the alcohol.
    I usually keep them separate though, a sip of whiskey and then a sip of water if I feel like it.

so I HAD SOme more today same stuff, but sipped it rather than downed. nice
    Alos had cider voka and wine :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hehehehehe.

He must have had nearly one, and is ratfaced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Know the one too many

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Know the one too many

If you look in the mirror and your skin isn't all yellow then you haven't had that one yet.

If you can see the mirror you are grand

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

If he can which mirror is the real one.

If he can which mirror is the real one.

Have you been drinking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

black bush is the only whiskey

Advertisement