Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

brummytom wrote: »
    What is the point of this drink? It's ****ing disgusting...

I'm not a drinker; at all. Spent last night at a mates, he came in with a little bottle of Bell's Scotch Whiskey (40% Alc :eek:); said "try that". Took a sip.. yeah, it was nice.
    Tried to have a bit more, this time downing a load of it. I seriously felt like screaming; it was bloody horrible!

I've never understood the alcohol thing... drinking foultasting drinks just to become completey inebriated and loose all sense of your actions?

Try a nice Isle Of Islay Scotch. Llagavulen is a cracker. Sip it mind or ye could loose your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i love whiskey!!!!

cant afford it though....
    it isnt exactly the binge drinkers mainstay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Takes a while to get used to.

Try some Johnnie Walker Red - Smooth, easy to drink.

Avoid ice and water or other mixers - down the hatch without a scratch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

damn foreigners taking our whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

nuxxx wrote: »
    damn foreigners taking our whiskey

I'm British/English and live in England, how exactly am I a foreigner? :P
    And it was from Scotland which is also in Britain :D Stop stealing our whisky foreigners!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Bells, Lol. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Sexy wrote: »
    When you get older try http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/asp/product.asp?objectid=1083&mode=0&recordid=1545&t=411125408

Remember to sip it, it ain't no gulpers tipple.

Top tip, keep an eye on the odd supermarket that might stock it. You can find the odd 2004 or older box still unsold.

+1

That stuff is the nectar of the gods, I tell ye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Yeah with Bells you couldn't have chosen a worse whisky, tastes like paint stripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm not a drinker; at all. Spent last night at a mates, he came in with a little bottle of Bell's Scotch Whiskey (40% Alc :eek:); said "try that". Took a sip.. yeah, it was nice.
    Tried to have a bit more, this time downing a load of it. I seriously felt like screaming; it was bloody horrible!

I've never understood the alcohol thing... drinking foultasting drinks just to become completey inebriated and loose all sense of your actions?
    I see your point Brummy! Unbelievable contradiction you made though "I'm not a drinker, at all" and then saying you downed loads of whiskey". I dunno if I'm walking right into a debate here I only read the first page of the thread.
    Drinking is fun though, people drink for the same reason that people smoke weed, to relax, to enjoy themselves, because it makes them feel more confident, etc.
    Agree with you on the taste of some popular drinks. Guinness is like donkey piss to me.

Overall, everything (even drinking!) in moderation and within safe levels is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Flight19

I only drink because i like the taste of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL51QamqY1Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

/awaits Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

is this thread made up of just some serious trolling? Maybe not but the op seems just a bit to innocent ;D

jumpguy wrote: »
    I see your point Brummy! Unbelievable contradiction you made though "I'm not a drinker, at all" and then saying you downed loads of whiskey". I dunno if I'm walking right into a debate here I only read the first page of the thread.
    Drinking is fun though, people drink for the same reason that people smoke weed, to relax, to enjoy themselves, because it makes them feel more confident, etc.
    Agree with you on the taste of some popular drinks. Guinness is like donkey piss to me.

Overall, everything (even drinking!) in moderation and within safe levels is fine.

Not really a contradiction I don't think. I'm not a 'non-drinker' out of choice (well not my choice anyway, but mom and dads :P); so I was quite intruiged by the Whiskey.
    Never tasted Guinness, so wouldn't really know :/

strongr wrote: »
    is this thread made up of just some serious trolling? Maybe not but the op seems just a bit to innocent ;D
    Not quite sure how to take this? I thought a troll was someone who spammed/tried to stir up arguments.. I haven't done that? :confused: could you expand?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I don't see brummytom trolling.

I could see your post as trolling though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Last time i drank whiskey I got rather emotional....:pac:.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Anyway, OP, you are like 15 drinking straight whiskey, lay off it, you have to be a man to appreciate it. Stick with fields and devils bit.

Don't forget the Buckfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Jameson 18 year old is where it's at.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Might be a bit late in this discussion... but man... you never "Down" a load of Whiskey... that's a lesson learned... don't let it put you off... but er... that advise is for when you eventually hit 18 of course...

- Drav!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Banter Joe wrote: »
    Don't forget the Buckfast!
    Yes, oh baby, those were the days, I emember downing a bottle of buckfast, and the next few hours was ssome experience. :)
    Jameson 18 year old is where it's at.
    Love Jameson, awwwwww yeahhhhh.
    Wanna try the honey tinted one, any good if ye had it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm British/English and live in England, how exactly am I a foreigner? :P

This is an Irish web site. England is a foreign country. You're a foreigner. :p
    And it was from Scotland which is also in Britain :D Stop stealing our whisky foreigners!

Pfft. You can talk.

I could go ahead and echo everything everyone else has said about taking it easy, sipping it and not "downing" it, etc. etc. - but if you've decided that you're off whiskey for life and that's fair enough. ... and more whiskey for the rest of us :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I could see your post as trolling though.

how?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

That was your only post in this thread.
    It's not even on topic.
    how?

Now can you see?

I will not discuss this on thread again,if you have a problem take it to PM.

Do not post in this thread again unless you have something worthwhile to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Maker's Mark is the way forward, that or a Woodford Reserve. Good drink, on ice with nothing diluting it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yes, oh baby, those were the days, I emember downing a bottle of buckfast, and the next few hours was ssome experience. :)

Did the experience involve giving a girl a twix or kitkat in some under 18s disco? :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Did the experience involve giving a girl a twix or kitkat in some under 18s disco? :pac:

haha!

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I'm not a drinker; at all.

You answered the question yourself.

snyper wrote: »
    You answered the question yourself.

This is true :P
    Ahh well, the night (I think it might have been morning actually; 2-3am) I had it, I'd only eaten a curry and bag of crisps, so might not be in best form.

I'll probably try (Irish this time) Whiskey again some time... sip, don't down? Wish I'd known that before :P

Last time i drank whiskey I got rather emotional....:pac:.....

I just pretend to be emotional.

You are on about what I think you are, no? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That's it - I'm off to drink some whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What is the correct red lemonade to jameson ratio?

Advertisement