Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

OK. I'll give it a try. But if it's shit I won't be afraid to tell you it's shit.
    Now where do I get a glass that holds 3 pints?

Jameson and oj mate, good oj, yessss.

And the ratio is: as much whiskey as you can take: 1 OJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Jameson and oj mate, good oj, yessss.

And the ratio is: as much whiskey as you can take: 1 OJ

Seriously? Can you drink that?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

You take the glass in your hand and....
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Warmed whiskey with a spoon of sugar is alright. Don't know how people could find whiskey so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I think Bushmills is the best Whiskey for the price that's readily available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tuxy wrote: »
    I think Bushmills is the best Whiskey for the price that's readily available.

I'm not drinking your protestant whiskey.

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Bushmills 10 year old is an affordable enough whiskey for regular drinking. I have various tiers to my booze. I'll have JD for heavier nights, Bushmills 10 for casual drinking, and Jameson 18 year old for special drinking.

Seriously?

That is to say, is it actually a nice drink or were you taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I've taken to calling Jameson "McNulty" because of that.

Jameson is the nectar of the gods and the breast milk of the goddesses. But, OP, don't listen to those telling you to add anything to whiskey, it's fine the way it is. People who put soft drinks into whiskey are COMMUNISTS (and not the cool revolutionary kind but the grim, grey Stalinist/Kim Jong-Il kind). People who desecrate whiskey with fucking ice are worse again: they're the type of unstable loners who'll be found with the body of a child in the boot of their cars some day. Just drink it straight, like Jesus did at the last supper.

• Advertisement

Bushmills 10 year old is an affordable enough whiskey for regular drinking. I have various tiers to my booze. I'll have JD for heavier nights, Bushmills 10 for casual drinking, and Jameson 18 year old for special drinking.
    Was only doing a quote from the wire.
    I pretty much stick to jameson and random whiskeys when I am in a whiskey specific establishment. But I owuld like to branch out, must think of what to try. not a big JD fan anyway.
    That is to say, is it actually a nice drink or were you taking the piss?

Jameson and oj is my favourite drink, along with several of my friends, nectar of the gods.

Agamemnon wrote: »
    I've taken to calling Jameson "McNulty" because of that.

Jameson is the nectar of the gods and the breast milk of the goddesses. But, OP, don't listen to those telling you to add anything to whiskey, it's fine the way it is. People who put soft drinks into whiskey are COMMUNISTS (and not the cool revolutionary kind but the grim, grey Stalinist/Kim Jong-Il kind). People who desecrate whiskey with fucking ice are worse again: they're the type of unstable loners who'll be found with the body of a child in the boot of their cars some day. Just drink it straight, like Jesus did at the last supper.
    haha! love when girls order just a jameson, oh baby!

Jameson and oj is my favourite drink, along with several of my friends, nectar of the gods.

Sounds just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

was tackling into the jameson and red last night,absolutely legendary drink!!
    a great form of drunkeness comes from the whiskey, kinda like this

hangover is exceptionally friendly too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

AWW, Jameson...it own's my heart! :D:D I adore it and have shouted at so many barmen who try and add ice! WTF? And don't you dare suggest a mixer. Why don't you just pee in it?!:mad:

I only tried bushmills as a chaser for the first time I tried crested ten, wasn't that bad but I couldn't taste it that much.

For cold whiskey without dilution there are "whiskey rocks" they're danish and amazing, freezer for and hour then in the drink to keep it cool.:cool:

Fugly wrote: »
    AWW, Jameson...it own's my heart! :D:D I adore it and have shouted at so many barmen who try and add ice! WTF? And don't you dare suggest a mixer. Why don't you just pee in it?!:mad:

I only tried bushmills as a chaser for the first time I tried crested ten, wasn't that bad but I couldn't taste it that much.

For cold whiskey without dilution there are "whiskey rocks" they're danish and amazing, freezer for and hour then in the drink to keep it cool.:cool:

Veggie girl that likes jameson straight, I hope there are many like you!
    :p

Not naturally, but I am considering cloning myself and selling the surplus as a recession-proof business:D.

Order PMed. hehe

Sometimes I just need a whiskey like now, can't wait to get to my stash. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Vodka tastes like petrol mixed with car boot sale perfume.
    There. I said it.

Mmmmmm vodka! :D
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Back in your box philistine!!!!!!

Vodka is only palatable straight from the freezer while Whiskey is a man's drink and can be served in any weather and always be delicious and manly.

Hmmmm....... manly. :)

Mmmmmmm men! :p

can't wait to get to my stash. smile.gif

Congrats on discretion regarding the alcoholism, it's a classless drunk that flaunts it! :D

Damn your stash, I'm a lil jealous, I've 3 bottles of peach schnapps no whiskey.:(...

RE: your order.
    Annoying Customer services voice "Your order is being processed, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery before contacting us at which point your enquiry shall be ignored. We would like to take the opportunity to tell you how much we value for custom and appreciate your feedback regarding our customer service" - This message is brought to you by Fugly Inc.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

man, i have been whiskey free for 9.5 days now. i can't draw myself away from thsi thread.

****ing hell, 59 more days of this.

please, go on, keep talking of whiskey... it's all i've got right now...

Congrats on discretion regarding the alcoholism, it's a classless drunk that flaunts it! :D

Damn your stash, I'm a lil jealous, I've 3 bottles of peach schnapps no whiskey.:(...

RE: your order.
    Annoying Customer services voice "Your order is being processed, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery before contacting us at which point your enquiry shall be ignored. We would like to take the opportunity to tell you how much we value for custom and appreciate your feedback regarding our customer service" - This message is brought to you by Fugly Inc.:D
    Whiskey is a bad drink for the alcoholism all right, best not flaunt it.
    Have a stash cos friends and family give it to me as presents now. All I get is whiskey and books :P
    man, i have been whiskey free for 9.5 days now. i can't draw myself away from thsi thread.

****ing hell, 59 more days of this.

please, go on, keep talking of whiskey... it's all i've got right now...
    Ah I remember my first time in college, I started drinking it straight from bottles lol...After my initial dislike, come to love. Shouuld have seen the state of my floor with whiskey bottles. Discovered my love in second year, didn't even see some of my lecturers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I drank half a bottle of Jameson on Saturday night. I dont usually drink because when I do I usually drink extreme ammounts of whiskey. Always end up with the best adventures. This weekend it was semi naked in a lake in cavan at 6am with some people I hardly know.

And a hangover that lasted almost 48 hours.Good Times Had by Al!

Whos Al?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Classy alcoholics drink whiskey from a hip flask and are kinda loveable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

By the way Whiskey fans, if Karl could make a suggestion, I heartly encourage you to go out and buy a bottle of Green Spot. In my own humble opinion, it's the best kept secret of Irish whiskeys, far nicer than Jameson, and almost as lovely as Midleton only without the expense.
    The current Green Spot is made entirely from seven and eight year old Midleton pot still, with 25% coming from sherry cask, which is quite evident in both the aroma and taste.

If you've ever drank Midleton, it's almost exactly like that, only sweeter.

If you enjoy your Irish Whiskey, then I'd say for definite you'll enjoy this.

Tar.Aldarion;6144071]4Whiskey is a bad drink for the alcoholism all right, best not flaunt it.
    Have a stash cos friends and family give it to me as presents now. All I get is whiskey and books :P

Damn your understanding f&F, the only drink I got was my peach schnapps, which I love in a different way.

Ah I remember my first time in college, I started drinking it straight from bottles lol...After my initial dislike, come to love. Should have seen the state of my floor with whiskey bottles. Discovered my love in second year, didn't even see some of my lecturers :D

You intially disliked it :eek::eek: Omg! I can't believe I almost sent you my clone! :(,Don't look at me. I feel so betrayed!

I was given it in my teens by my elderly uncles, in your neck of the woods, actually. You're a disgrace to your county-men!
    Classy alcoholics drink whiskey from a hip flask and are kinda loveable.
    agreed! they do have that "bring them home from the pound" vibe. :)

You intially disliked it :eek::eek: Omg! I can't believe I almost sent you my clone! :(,Don't look at me. I feel so betrayed!

I was given it in my teens by my elderly uncles, in your neck of the woods, actually. You're a disgrace to your county-men!
    Hard to llike it when you try to drink it like water straight away like i did, the burning! Which i came to yearn for

Lol, rookie mistake, although when in a rush, I have "downed it" so to speak, i never really get the burn, just a tingle. Same with poitin.
    the burning! Which i came to yearn for
    :D A lil masochistic are we? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

By the way Whiskey fans, if Karl could make a suggestion, I heartly encourage you to go out and buy a bottle of Green Spot. In my own humble opinion, it's the best kept secret of Irish whiskeys, far nicer than Jameson, and almost as lovely as Midleton only without the expense.

If you've ever drank Midleton, it's almost exactly like that, only sweeter.

If you enjoy your Irish Whiskey, then I'd say for definite you'll enjoy this.
    Where do you buy that then? I've never seen it anywhere. But if you're into scotch that tastes like a turf fire then Lagavulin is the business. Bit pricey though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Where do you buy that then? I've never seen it anywhere.

Depends where you're located? In Galway, Harvest off license usually stock it, or in Dublin the Celtic Whiskey Shop, but it's a little expensive there.

Advertisement