Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what you playing at the mo? Retro Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

not working going to get drunk:mad:

vader-fail.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You played it? What emulator are you using? Want to give it a bash myself, maybe at the weekend.

Dont bother

Tried everything i could with no success

As far as i am concerned once i beat the Minish Cap then i have completed all the Zelda series (until skyward sword makes its appearance)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    Havn't played it, seen it on videos etc...it looks appaling (& I mute over the top american 'reviews' sometimes, so its my own opinion)

Give me LttP or OoT any day

Ah now you can't judge it from videos!

As for CDi emulators have you used this one:

http://www.cdiemu.org/

Also if you think you are done with the zelda games you for got the satellaview games for the snes :P

Ah now you can't judge it from videos!

As for CDi emulators have you used this one:

http://www.cdiemu.org/

Also if you think you are done with the zelda games you for got the satellaview games for the snes :P

Yep used that one and tiny cdi no joy with either :mad:

Going to make a thread about this (with imaginatory roms;)) if that is ok?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

G Darius

Brilliant but cruel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't mention where you got the roms and it's all gravy.

Don't mention where you got the roms and it's all gravy.

Cool just working on the satellaview games know

Some nice chap called Google sent me them

Just sorting out the emulation now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally got my hands on Deathsmiles! I wonder could I hack open one of the 360 kiosks in work and throw it on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on Deathsmiles! I wonder could I hack open one of the 360 kiosks in work and throw it on :D

Tell your boss you want to jtag the kiosk unit, use it to host a hacked MW2 lobby & then play some Deathsmiles on it via DVD+R DL because you also want to flash the dvd drive firmware :pac:

Master of the Universe

Tell your boss you want to jtag the kiosk unit, use it to host a hacked MW2 lobby & then play some Deathsmiles on it via DVD+R DL because you also want to flash the dvd drive firmware :pac:

You do know I work in Software Licensing, right?

You may as well ask a fireman to start a small fire in the middle of the firestation :D

• Advertisement

You may as well ask a fireman to start a small fire in the middle of the firestation :D

Indeed, be fun to see his expression. Though it's more than likely "wtf is a jtag o1s1n?" :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Licensing schmicensing just J-tag that puppy play it till it red rings and then leave it smouldering in that kiosk unit:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Out of curiosity what game(s) do they have in it?

Master of the Universe

Indeed, be fun to see his expression. Though it's more than likely "wtf is a jtag o1s1n?" :rolleyes::p

I walked by the xbox team the other day and saw your picture on the wall. Underneath it all it said was 'the jtagger'. I think you may be wanted. :p
    pdbhp wrote: »
    Licensing schmicensing just J-tag that puppy play it till it red rings and then leave it smouldering in that kiosk unit:D

After 1ccing it on my first go of course :cool:
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what game(s) do they have in it?

Mainly just big franchises like Halo and GOW. Although I've seen a few football games, once they had Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe for a while.

They really need to rotate the games more than they do. Plus I find it really odd to see things like Halo & GOW in a work enviornment. Violence and guns..seems a bit innapropriate. Or maybe I'm just getting old :D

They really need to rotate the games more than they do. Plus I find it really odd to see things like Halo & GOW in a work enviornment. Violence and guns..seems a bit innapropriate. Or maybe I'm just getting old :D

I can just picture one of your colleagues (quiet, keeps to himself type) having a go of Halo using a headset and suddenly starts shouting abuse at some American kid on the other end. "BOOM! HEADSHOT!! Take THAT madda fakka!!"

The whole office looks up... :eek:

o1s1n: "heh, gamers eh :rolleyes:" ... :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

After 1ccing it on my first go of course :cool:

Play the volcano level second on either level 2 or 3 difficulty. Trust me on that, you will see soon enough ;)

Master of the Universe

I can just picture one of your colleagues (quiet, keeps to himself type) having a go of Halo using a headset and suddenly starts shouting abuse at some American kid on the other end. "BOOM! HEADSHOT!! Take THAT madda fakka!!"

The whole office looks up... :eek:

o1s1n: "heh, gamers eh :rolleyes:" ... :o

There's a guy in here like Milton from Office Space and he was telling me about how he plays COD all the time. Was really getting into it too. 'you can feel every bullet hitting you..EVERY BULLET!!!'.

I never borrowed his stapler.
    Play the volcano level second on either level 2 or 3 difficulty. Trust me on that, you will see soon enough ;)

I'm really looking forward to this now. Might see if I can pick up a 360 stick on the way home too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want that game but Gamestop have never heard of it, no sign of it in HMV in the Pav and neither Smyths or Xtra have seen it either, need help!
    Where in north co dublin can I find Deathsmiles???

Master of the Universe

Just spent the whole night playing Deathsmiles. What a game! In the beginning I was playing on level 1 difficulty for each stage, but to be honest it's a bit too easy.

So level three difficulty all the way. Also trying to figure out point scoring.

That black label version where enemies leave suicide bullets is a hell of a lot of fun.

Anyway, if I thought I may need an arcade stick before, I DEFINITELY need one now. It's better than I thought it would be with a pad..but it's still not the full experience.

Just spent the whole night playing Deathsmiles. What a game! In the beginning I was playing on level 1 difficulty for each stage, but to be honest it's a bit too easy.

So level three difficulty all the way. Also trying to figure out point scoring.

That black label version where enemies leave suicide bullets is a hell of a lot of fun.

Anyway, if I thought I may need an arcade stick before, I DEFINITELY need one now. It's better than I thought it would be with a pad..but it's still not the full experience.

Great game isn't it!
    I love playing it regardless of scoring or anything. It's just plain fun and a great departure from the full blown explosion ridden, story driven games we're used to this generation

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

It's a king of 'just one more go'. There's something very satisfying about navigating a hail of pink bullets. So much so that you almost forget you even have bombs :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I want that game but Gamestop have never heard of it, no sign of it in HMV in the Pav and neither Smyths or Xtra have seen it either, need help!
    Where in north co dublin can I find Deathsmiles???

Game and HMV have stocked it but there's no point in asking the staff, I bought it in Game and my friend tried to buy it but they hadn't a clue what he was on about even though I had bought it there earlier that day in the same shop.
    I know Game in Tallaght still have at least 1 copy because I saw it there earlier today.

It's a king of 'just one more go'. There's something very satisfying about navigating a hail of pink bullets. So much so that you almost forget you even have bombs :)

Well the bombs are for noobs I never use them anymore as it's much more satisfying to navigate through the "hell":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Speaking of bullet hell, anyone here played the Gundemonium Collection on the PSN? A set of 3 shooters, think I remember talking to johnny_ultimate about it. Hitogata Happa makes my eyes bleed.

I walked by the xbox team the other day and saw your picture on the wall. Underneath it all it said was 'the jtagger'. I think you may be wanted. :p

Here you go, sneak around at lunchtime tomorrow setting this as all the desktop wallpapers in work :pac:

2uz9tol.jpg

ghostchant wrote: »
    Speaking of bullet hell, anyone here played the Gundemonium Collection on the PSN? A set of 3 shooters, think I remember talking to johnny_ultimate about it. Hitogata Happa makes my eyes bleed.

Not a major fan of them myself only because I don't have the skills or perseverance to get anywhere in them - seems like you need to get into a zen like state to avoid the bullets.

But it reminded me, Retrocollect.com mentioned a new bullet hell shooter coming out on PC at the end of the year (doesn't mention Mac unfortunately johnny_ultimate). Called Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony, it's set in the 17th century, 4 player co-op too apparently. Some of yee folks might be interested in it, visuals look gorgeous.

ghostchant wrote: »

Haitogata Happa makes me want to destroy everyone involved in making the dam thing :pac: Other two are good fun if ludicrously hard. But Happa is the most extreme shooter I've ever played. Can't even get past the first boss!
    Not a major fan of them myself only because I don't have the skills or perseverance to get anywhere in them - seems like you need to get into a zen like state to avoid the bullets.

But it reminded me, Retrocollect.com mentioned a new bullet hell shooter coming out on PC at the end of the year (doesn't mention Mac unfortunately johnny_ultimate). Called Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony, it's set in the 17th century, 4 player co-op too apparently. Some of yee folks might be interested in it, visuals look gorgeous.

Yeah saw that the other day, looks pretty fantastic!

I just spent a few hours in a DeathSmiles MBL v1.1 trance. Now that's a ****ing score attack. Multiplier steadily climbing to 100,000, your high score hitting ten or eleven zeroes easily. Unfortunately you need to use a normal pad to play it properly (mapping your familiar to the right stick is a necessity) meaning your movement suffers a bit compared to a stick but it's sublime stuff altogether. Eyes are very much bleeding :)

Master of the Universe

Today I went to Gamestop in Stephens Green Shopping centre, that 3D games on Grafton street, HMV Grafton street and then GAME on Dawson street looking for a 360 arcade stick to play Deathsmiles this evening - none anywhere!

If anyone sees any about, give me a shout. I'm dying to play it properly.

Today I went to Gamestop in Stephens Green Shopping centre, that 3D games on Grafton street, HMV Grafton street and then GAME on Dawson street looking for a 360 arcade stick to play Deathsmiles this evening - none anywhere!

If anyone sees any about, give me a shout. I'm dying to play it properly.

Gamestop Tallaght had some for XBOX on Tuesday, think they were bundled with Marval -V- Capcom 3 though

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

pdbhp wrote: »
    Gamestop Tallaght had some for XBOX on Tuesday, think they were bundled with Marval -V- Capcom 3 though

Thanks! Any idea of the cost?

Advertisement