Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot Sauce

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,830 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks for the shed suggestion - I'll do that should the deep fat fryer turn smelly
    basquille wrote: »
    There's two smells I can't abide - cigarettes and cooking oil!

There was hardly any smell from mine (beside open kitchen window) - honestly! But maybe that was because the filter was brand new and absorbed all the odours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yeah, throw it up pls :)
    here you go, figured it should get it's own thread in the correct place to avoid going OT on this thread. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055987988

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Lots of people faffing about with recipes here. All you need is to stick the wings in the oven until cooked. Empty them into a bigi bowl, then cover them with franks. Huzzah! great tasting wings for about €5 and practically hassle free

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dodge, would covering wings simply with Franks not be quite sharp? Think I'd definitely need something in there to neutralize it a tad.

rubadub wrote: »
    I have been chopping up fillets very finely, dousing them in cornflour and frying them in butter & coconut oil and then throwing in garlic & franks at the end.
    you dirty boy! :D

sounds very tasty, i've done something similar with beef and tossing it in sweet chilli to imitate the crispy beef from a chinese and it worked out very nicely. :)
    Dodge wrote: »
    Lots of people faffing about with recipes here. All you need is to stick the wings in the oven until cooked. Empty them into a bigi bowl, then cover them with franks. Huzzah! great tasting wings for about €5 and practically hassle free

not great tasting at all, the sauce is horrible nowhere near as nice without being cooked out and hot wings + cold sauce = luke warm. :(

the thirsty bull in Tyrellstown does them like this and they're pretty nasty tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dodge wrote: »

Ah you'd need to mix the sauce with butter first. And I'd always coat the wings in seasoned flour before they go into the oven, but apart from that there's not really much prep required.

basquille wrote: »
    Dodge, would covering wings simply with Franks not be quite sharp? Think I'd definitely need something in there to neutralize it a tad.

Yep, fairly sharp alright. I guess thats my taste though

Above comment was in jest (mainly) and if you're thinking about consuming them at a later stage then they need to be prepared but I'm a big fan of eating them straight from oven, covered in room tempature sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Just a heads up, SuperQuinn is doing a "buy any 2 for €3.50" on the franks range. not the cheapest ive seen it, but better than most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 brian_dub

Love hot and spicy food.

Most "wing sauce" is melted butter mixed with Franks as others have mentioned. The butter takes away some of the heat and sharpness of flavour. If you prefer hot then I suggest not adding the butter.

Franks can be expensive to buy if not on offer. I have a recipe I use to make hot sauce. It's not exactly like Franks, but it's good and fun and easy to make. If anyone wants it gimme a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

You can get Franks hot sauce in Superquinn in Blanchardstown and prob any branch it's €2.99 I tried it for the first time the other day and will be stocking up with a winter supply myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Just another heads up from an old thread, Franks red hot sauce and wings sauce are €2 per bottle in dunnes (presumably nationwide)

bought a bottle and "tested" there, its the good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

I just cut up some chicken breasts into goujons and then marinate them in Franks + olive oil > grill 'em > nom > nomnom

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wonder how it would be on left over turkey

its great on everything. :)

i made pork chops last night and marinating them in franks and dried mixed hers, although my wife was complaining afterwards because the house smelt like a pot den, even this morning. :D

its particularly good on scrambled eggs, omelette and other egg dishes too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Hellmans and a good splash of Franks with a few drops of fresh lime juice,the ultimate chip dip :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Was in Dunnes in Donaghmede on Friday night and noticed also that bottles of Frank's are around the €2 mark.

Will buy a bottle or two next time since its been given rave reviews by other boardsies and this topic is now a bargain alert and a recipe thread all in one.

Gregsor wrote: »
    Hellmans and a good splash of Franks with a few drops of fresh lime juice,the ultimate chip dip :D.
    i tried something similar recently and it gets two tumbs up as a dip for just about anything. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You're all a bunch of evil, twisted sadistic fcukers, the lot of ya.

Wandering around SuperQuinn, see a bottle of this stuff, never had it before, so i says to meself "Hmmmm, lot of boardsies swear by this stuff, we're making burgers tonight, be nice on them"

So i makes the burgers, pour this sauce on like i would ketchup, "WANKEEERRRRSSSSSSS!!!!"

Maybe i used too much :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oooh interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Consider me a new convert thanks to this thread.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    maybe a smidgen less next time.

they don't call it hot sauce coz it's sexy you know! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

both Original and Buffalo Wing down to 2 quid a bottle until 28/12 in Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

scudzilla wrote: »
    You're all a bunch of evil, twisted sadistic fcukers, the lot of ya.

Wandering around SuperQuinn, see a bottle of this stuff, never had it before, so i says to meself "Hmmmm, lot of boardsies swear by this stuff, we're making burgers tonight, be nice on them"

So i makes the burgers, pour this sauce on like i would ketchup, "WANKEEERRRRSSSSSSS!!!!"

So Funny...thanks for the laugh this early Monday morning....heheheheh

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have been mixing it with dried garlic powder (get it in asian shops) and salad cream. I find fresh garlic or garlic paste tastes to raw while the powder tastes more like a garlic dip you would usually get.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I'm going making chips later after reading that

rubadub wrote: »
    I have been mixing it with dried garlic powder (get it in asian shops) and salad cream. I find fresh garlic or garlic paste tastes to raw while the powder tastes more like a garlic dip you would usually get.
    if i make a garlic dip i usually roast off the garlic cloves with the skin on until they are soft and then just cut the tips off and you can squeeze them into your mayo/salad cream like a little mini sauce sachet. add a little water (tried everything, water works best) to thin out the mayo and then add any or all of the following to taste, salt, pepper, lemon juice chopped parsley or chives and you're all sorted and much better than anything you can buy pre-made in the shops. :)

works just as well with a bit of blue cheese crumbled into it as well, for a proper blue cheese dip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aussigal

For anyone who is looking, I found Frank's hot sauce in Superquinn (Balinteer, Dublin) just last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Aussigal wrote: »
    For anyone who is looking, I found Frank's hot sauce in Superquinn (Balinteer, Dublin) just last week :)
    It's not on the missing list anymore. Every supermarket is stocking it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Must give this a go :)

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's not on the missing list anymore. Every supermarket is stocking it now.

Ssshhhh

Don't fecking jinx it!!

Advertisement