Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot Sauce

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Is this offer still on??
    it's pretty much always on special offer somewhere or other and people keep learning about how good franks is and gravitatign towards the thread. there's an even bigger thread about it (titled "Elephant & Castle chicken wings") in the food & drink forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Not a bargain - but maybe of interest to one of you fanatics who can't find this stuff:
    Centra in Crosshvanen has it - price is an saucy €3.95 though (or 3.45 for the "wings" edition.)

Lotta BBQ's got fired up today..... glorious.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dee101

Sorry wrong thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Dunnes Sligo has the original for E1.99 again - sorry didn't check for how long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

rh5555 wrote: »
    Dunnes Sligo has the original for E1.99 again - sorry didn't check for how long

Yeah same in Ashbourne, picked up 5 bottles..... didnt want to be greedy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I saw it in superquinn blackrock last week and it had a sign up with a percentage off, I think it was 33% off and the price on the shelf said €2.99, I am not familiar with superquinn and was not sure if this price already had the money off, but it is usually 2.99 elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

rubadub wrote: »
    I saw it in superquinn blackrock last week and it had a sign up with a percentage off, I think it was 33% off and the price on the shelf said €2.99, I am not familiar with superquinn and was not sure if this price already had the money off, but it is usually 2.99 elsewhere

no it's 33% off that i think

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

this was charlstown dunnes on saturday..

got one of each, dont think i like the wings mixture

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

this was charlstown dunnes on saturday..

got one of each, dont think i like the wings mixture

the hot sauce>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the wings imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

This thread reminded me that Frank's Hot Sauce did seem to be MIA for a while next year but now it's back. It's good to see that. I like making buffalo wings every once in a while and Frank's does the business. I got a recipe for hot wing sauce that includes putting melted butter and a sachet of Italian salad dressing mix. I've found you can't get these here but I have a few that I got in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Saw this in Dunnes in Citywest yesterday - e2.40 per bottle which seemed like a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fuzzball

loads of the stuff in stock in super value glanmire. Had to buy it after reading this thread.
    a real crowd pleaser

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I just made some last night, you have to drink beer with them! A great sauce to stock up on. I hope supplies are still widely available. The last time I was in Dunnes, Charlestown, Finglas, the stocks were starting to run low.

Great to hear they've reduced the price, time to stock up again as I hear the World Cup is starting soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monkey brain

thanks for that but do you know do they sell the big containers of it? i need it for catering, only starting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Hi there,
    I was in Musgraves in Dublin this week and they have it in large containers. They also have a cheaper version (Luisanna something) not sure how it tastes though. Having some pals over at the weekend, can't wait to taste them again. Enjoy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monkey brain

Hi,

Thats great, where is musgraves? do you need a cash n carry card or anything? they are lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

dont use chicken legs ;-( they had no wings left last night and decided to use fresh drumsticks... worst idea ever

stick with free range wings,

d

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Hey guys, anyone know where to get decent wings?

Like the type/size you get in places like the Elephent and Castle etc...

Tesco were useless, only had dodgy double jointed "wings" that are massive.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

dar83 wrote: »

Cheers.

Just chop em in half.. Thats what I did... They look alot bigger than they are..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

dar83 wrote: »

Cheers.

Those are normal wings. You're supposed to cut them at the joint which gives you a drumstick part and a flatter wing part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Yeah thats what I did anyway, thanks fella's. :)

Was just wondering if there were handier ones out there that I was missing, not that it's a major deal chopping them in half or anything, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

saw this stuff in superquinn waterford today at regular prices

Anyone knows if Franks is available anywhere in Galway? I had just gotten Franks into 2 stores in Sligo after a few months talking to the importers. Unfortunately I had to move (Galway is a great city - I mean Frank's wise) and now I seem to have to start over again. Checked Dunnes in Galway and nothing.
    Maybe i have to contact importer again and try to get it in Galway somewhere unless someone knows a place within the city (no car)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

dunnes stores westside has lots :)

Awesome, only checked Dunnes Eyre Square and the new Dunnes (whatever the place is called - next to KFC) and they didn't have it. But all I need is 1 store close by:)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

:)
    Hi,

Thats great, where is musgraves? do you need a cash n carry card or anything? they are lovely!

Musgraves is in Ballymun industrial estate at the back of IKEA - you do need a cash and carry card, but if you need catering amounts you probably should get one.

They also have boxes of great "knuckle" wings without the joint for ease of use. Enjoy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I agree with you all, I've found it difficult to get nice wings lately. Tescos rarely do them. It usually means a long drive for me out to Dunnes in Blanch or Charlestown. Though at least these Dunnes usually have Franks.

I did try the drumsticks the last time and thought they werre OK. I made a batch of them & put them in the freezer with the sauce on them. I'm not sure if I did the right thing, by freezing the sauce so not sure how that will work out.

You know how it is, you get the longing for some Franks and chicken wings, and would like to have some made up already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

You all need to get on good terms with your local butchers, theyll look after you better than your supermarkets ;)

Disclaimer: I am not a butcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Agreed, local butcher will sort ye out and very cheap too

Advertisement