Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arthurs day... guinness celebration gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

anyone know if dorans has re opened?getting a tad worried now.....

I think Dorans is one the only places that has tickets left

Its crazy everywhere is sold out I have one contact who is trying to get me 2 for tripod i didnt think everything would sell so quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Its crazy everywhere is sold out I have one contact who is trying to get me 2 for tripod i didnt think everything would sell so quick!!

The following pubs seem to be available

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Cafe En Seine Leopold, White Belt Yellow Tag

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Dakota Concerto for Constantine, Dirty Epics

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Dicey's Garden, Russell Court Hotel The Chakras

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Eamon Doran's White Belt Yellow Tag (closed down by all accounts)

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Oliver ST John Gogarty Born Blonde, David Kitt

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Pygmalion Powerscourt Centre Hoarsebox, The Chapters

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Spy Golden Silvers, Mick Flannery

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the Auld Dubliner The Chapters, General Fiasco

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the Church Eoghan Colgan, Nat Jenkins

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the Odeon Dirty Epics, General Fiasco

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the Temple Bar Johnny Flynn, Lumiere

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the South Willian David Kitt, The Infomatics

Thanks Eoinf I think ill be going for Diceys out of that list!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

From twitter

RT @MrBrianBarnes: Arthur's Day at Spy next Thursday to include Calvin Harris, Oppenheimer and The Infomatics. Only €9.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Can someone post up a list of places that we can still get tickets for?? Thanks!

ams wrote: »
    From twitter

RT @MrBrianBarnes: Arthur's Day at Spy next Thursday to include Calvin Harris, Oppenheimer and The Infomatics. Only €9.

who is brian barnes?

as for the list of where is available , ticketmaster aint that hard to follow and whats even easier is to read a couple of post above

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

From twitter

Calvin Harris was listed for Tripod earlier in the thread, along with all the other acts lined up for every other gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Calvin Harris was listed for Tripod earlier in the thread, along with all the other acts lined up for every other gig.
    The bigger acts will be playing twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

A silly, obvious enough point from a friend in promotions...

"Look out for the venues that only have one stated act playing: that's where your surprise appearances will be for the most part".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭loloray

eoinf wrote: »
    The following pubs seem to be available

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Cafe En Seine Leopold, White Belt Yellow Tag

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Dakota Concerto for Constantine, Dirty Epics

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Dicey's Garden, Russell Court Hotel The Chakras

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Eamon Doran's White Belt Yellow Tag (closed down by all accounts)

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Oliver ST John Gogarty Born Blonde, David Kitt

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Pygmalion Powerscourt Centre Hoarsebox, The Chapters

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At Spy Golden Silvers, Mick Flannery

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the Auld Dubliner The Chapters, General Fiasco

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the Church Eoghan Colgan, Nat Jenkins

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the Odeon Dirty Epics, General Fiasco

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the Temple Bar Johnny Flynn, Lumiere

17:01 Guinness Presents Arthur's Day At the South Willian David Kitt, The Infomatics
    Where can you see this? I just rang TM and they say that there are no tickets for anywhere. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

loloray wrote: »
    Where can you see this? I just rang TM and they say that there are no tickets for anywhere. :(

That list was posted several days ago. The source used was the ticketmaster website. Check it here to see what is still available. Right now it looks like there are two venues with tickets still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭loloray

penguin88 wrote: »
    That list was posted several days ago. The source used was the ticketmaster website. Check it here to see what is still available. Right now it looks like there are two venues with tickets still available.
    Thanks. I'm so stoopid. I actually remember specifically checking when it was written - in my mind it was posted a few hours before. I'm overworked . . .

ANYWAY yeah it does look like that on TM but when you go to buy tickets, it can't be done. So I rang TM and they told me there are none currently available, and don't know if any will be available.

who is brian barnes?

as for the list of where is available , ticketmaster aint that hard to follow and whats even easier is to read a couple of post above

there is no need to be so smart. :eek:

Spy are advertising the extra acts on facebook - just thought it might be helpful for the poster who wanted to see Calvin Harris.

Dunno how true this is but a taxi driver told me he had picked up some guinness employees who were having a staff night the other night and apart Tom Jones is the surprise guest for the Brazen Head

there is no need to be so smart. :eek:

Spy are advertising the extra acts on facebook - just thought it might be helpful for the poster who wanted to see Calvin Harris.

Dunno how true this is but a taxi driver told me he had picked up some guinness employees who were having a staff night the other night and apart Tom Jones is the surprise guest for the Brazen Head

i know bad day and all that , anyway they all seem to be gone now.

bar a couple of places selling tickets for entry after the gigs.

i got a bunch for spy as it was probably the best of a bad lot left.

i got a bunch for spy as it was probably the best of a bad lot left.

Id say it will be wedged!!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Yeah does anybody have spare tickets for diceys they want to off load

does anyone know what story is getting into the venue after the gigs? or are they all ticket for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

anyone know the schedule for tripod? it starts at 17.59 doesnt it? but what time will calvin harris be on at etc? reason i ask is cause i have buddies from galway who might not be able to make it on time, they assumed a 8pm start might have 2 spare tickets if they cant make it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gowna

if you find out yer buddies are gonna miss him, I'd love to get a couple of tickets for the Tripod :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

blocparty wrote: »
    anyone know the schedule for tripod? it starts at 17.59 doesnt it? but what time will calvin harris be on at etc? reason i ask is cause i have buddies from galway who might not be able to make it on time, they assumed a 8pm start might have 2 spare tickets if they cant make it

My mam was told I'd have to be down there at 5.30pm to get into Tripod (she won tickets), afaik doors for the gigs all close at 7. Ring up and ask though to make sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

anyone know what time you can actually get into the pubs at? i know it starts at 17.59 but does that mean the pub will be closed before this? Will there be a queue to get in? want to get a good seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Anyone know whats happening with Eamon Dorans? Is it still going ahead there? I believe the venue is still closed and without a license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

adamski8 wrote: »
    anyone know what time you can actually get into the pubs at? i know it starts at 17.59 but does that mean the pub will be closed before this? Will there be a queue to get in? want to get a good seat!
    5 I think, should be on your ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I've a ticket for whelans, does anyone know what the story is with the 'have to be in there by 7' thing?

If it is true and strict I'm probably gonna have to leave work early...

nm wrote: »
    I've a ticket for whelans, does anyone know what the story is with the 'have to be in there by 7' thing?

If it is true and strict I'm probably gonna have to leave work early...

Yeah I have heard that to , might be true seen as the main party will be at 17:59!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

Only two days to go and so far only two rumours in the thread...

Calvin Harris for Spy
    Tom Jones for Brazen head

The guys at Guiness / MCD are doin a great job of keeping this under wraps! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

BTW.... I've tickets for The Church and Spring Break were in the thread earlier listed as the band playing there... now on ticketmaster they have Eoghan Colgan & Nat Jenkins listed, does that mean this will be the three acts for the Church?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Thanks for all these postings guys. I didn't realise the pub gigs were ticketed until I started reading this. There was me thinking I could just wander from pub to pub, getting people's twitters about who's playing where, etc, etc. But no of course that ain't the case :D

Just went to ticketmaster and it says that none of the tickets are on sale, and the ones were it says "find tickets", when you click into them it says they're not on sale. Anyone know the craic with that?
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/g2jexy

• Advertisement

Tom Jones be legend!! All the young one throwing there knickers at him:D

Advertisement