Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arthurs day... guinness celebration gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Which gig are you talking about?

Some events are sold out, some are not. There are around 40 events all together which are open to the public via ticket sales and one event which is for competition winners only (the storehouse gig with Kasabian, Tom Jones and Estelle).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

The ticket company who are dealing with the event really irritate me: "Tickets are not on sale"- it should say "Sold Out" or "Available". I am uncertain as of now because I have heard that more tickets are being released- so I am unsure, thanks to that company (which will remain nameless, due to the Boards.ie rules, I believe) if they will be on sale again soon.

No, I'm pretty sure you're free to say ticketmaster are a complete shower of thieving cvnts if you wanted to...

Really want to know where Noah and the Whale are playing... Anyone heard anything? Even rumours?!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but Kasabian, Tom Jones and Estelle will be playing one of the pub venues as well as the Storehouse.

Has anyone heard where Kasabian are playing, even rumours?
    They're the only band I really want to see and Guinness arent giving away any hints.

I never managed to find any of those codes or whatever we were supossed to be looking for for the Storehouse gig.
    I was gonna chance my arm and see if I could get in but its very doubtful:p

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

Have to say Guinness are doing well to keep this under wraps, 40 venues and the none of the pubs staff or promoters have even dropped a sneaky hint.... they must be drawing names out of a hat on the day, anybody know anyone playing on the day or a member of the Guinness family with a slight bit of insider info??

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

I know in navan , some of the publicans haven't a clue what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

im a bit worried seeing as dorans has closed its doors recently,hopefully itl be back running on time,anyone else going to the dorans gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

im a bit worried seeing as dorans has closed its doors recently,hopefully itl be back running on time,anyone else going to the dorans gig?

yep theres about 4 of us with tickets. hopefully it'll be back open in time or ill be going mad :( who wants a €9 refund when every other pub has sold out and you're on the street!

I have a good feeling they'll have some decent acts there, really lookin forward to it!

i read on hotpress website i think it was that dorans is trying to re open as soon as,this week maybe,so we should be sorted....hopefully,are all the others sold out?yeah ive a feeling dorans will have a good line,kinda hoping for reverend and the makers a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Whats the story with the gig in the brewery? The one with Kasabian,Estelle etc. Is it a VIP job,dont see any ticket info for it.

Spoke to someone who works in the brewery but not for Guinness themselves. Apparently tickets for this one are like the preverbial hens teeth and those attending are likely only to be on the AAAA+ list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

josh59 wrote: »
    Spoke to someone who works in the brewery but not for Guinness themselves. Apparently tickets for this one are like the preverbial hens teeth and those attending are likely only to be on the AAAA+ list.

Oh so Ryan Tubridy and Linda Martin and the like will be there.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Randle McMurphy

where kasabian are playing for the Arthur's day celebration ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

where kasabian are playing for the Arthur's day celebration ????

Think there was whispers of them playing the Guinness storehouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

Looking at previous posts there's a lot of repeated questions we already have the answers for - cost of tickets, lineups etc. All info is ticketmaster.ie.

For those who are still unsure

1) Big gig in Storehouse - You cannot buy tickets for this, it's all corporate/celebs/comp winners etc

2) There are 4 other decent sized gigs where the lineups have been announced. These are all sold out - tickets were around the €20 mark

3) There are about 40 other smaller gigs in pubs around the country. Tickets are approx €9 - many of these are sold out but some still on sale. you will see 2 smaller acts and 1 "big" act such as david gray, sugababes etc. Which "big" act is playing which smaller venue has not yet been announced - it's supposed to be some form of lottery type system.

My question is - has anyone heard any whisperings of which headline acts are playing the smaller venues - somebody must know something!!

squidgey wrote: »
    My question is - has anyone heard any whisperings of which headline acts are playing the smaller venues - somebody must know something!!

Kasabian, Estelle and Tom Jones;)

I just want to know where Kasabian are playing!
    It doesnt look like we're going to find out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

Sorry I meant which act goes with each venue. I saw the lists of acts. I'm going to book one of the venues and hope to catch Calvin Harris or David Gray. I've never heard of Kasabian before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Just to let you know...

I have the line-up in front of me for all the pubs and venues. The big big acts won't be announced until the evening. I'll post the listings tonight, post embargo

AND

I have tickets to give away to one of the venues :)

So you dont know where Calvin or David are playing?
    Calvin's playing Tripod and David's playing Whelans, if thats any use to you.

EDIT: Thats to Squidgey btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

The lads in Pygmalion bar have said the they've gotten wind of who's playing the Powerscourt Centre and say it's the best act by far. Can they know this or is this just shameless self promotion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

hello can anyone tell me is the 4 main places sold-out whelans etc.

The lads in Pygmalion bar have said the they've gotten wind of who's playing the Powerscourt Centre and say it's the best act by far. Can they know this or is this just shameless self promotion?

You wouldnt happen to know who it is would you?:p
    This whole thing is doing my head in...

• Advertisement

Darragh wrote: »
    Just to let you know...

I have the line-up in front of me for all the pubs and venues. The big big acts won't be announced until the evening. I'll post the listings tonight, post embargo

AND

I have tickets to give away to one of the venues :)

yayyyyyy:D id love to know whos doing dorans!i hope i picked a winner!

Venues:

Vicar Street
    Black Swan Effect, OK Go, Razorlight, Reverend and The Makers, Sugababes, The Blizzards, The Magic Numbers

The Academy
    Fionn Regan, Imelda May, Paolo Nutini, Richard Hawley, The Kooks

Tripod
    Calvin Harris, Jamie Cullum, Mongrel, Soul II Soul, Republic of Loose, Roots Manuva

Whelan’s
    David Gray, The Hot Rats (Supegrass), Lisa Hannigan, Noah and the Whale, The Enemy, The Undertones, The Wombats

Pubs:

Each pub will also feature one or two surprise guests, but these will not be announced in advance of each performance.

Tickets are still available for:

Oliver St John Gogarty
    Born Blonde, David Kitt

The Temple Bar
    Johnny Flynn; Lumiere

South William
    David Kitt; The Infomatics

Dakota
    Concerto for Constantine; Dirty Epics

Café en Seine
    Leopold; White Belt Yellow Tag

Pygmalion
    Hoarsebox; The Chapters

Spy
    Oppenheimer; The Infomatics

Dicey Reilly’s
    The Chakras

The Auld Dubliner
    Jay Jay Pistolet; Lumiere

The Church
    Spring Break

These pubs are sold out:

Bruxelles
    Jay Jay Pistolet; Jerry Fish and the Mudbug Club

The Odeon
    Dirty Epics; General Fiasco

Hogans
    Born Blonde; Oppenheimer

Sin É
    Cherbourg; Johnny Flynn

Flannery’s
    Cherbourg; Concerto for Constantine

Brogans
    Jerry Fish and the Mudbug Club; Noise Control

O’Donoghue’s
    Sharon Shannon; The High Kings

Market Bar
    Golden Silvers; Mick Flannery

The Foggy Dew
    Noise Control; The Chakras

Eamonn Doran’s
    White Belt Yellow Tag

The Baggot Inn
    Leopold; Nat Jenkins

The Stags Head
    The Chapters; General Fiasco

Mulligan’s
    Fiona Melady; Mick Flannery

The Palace Bar
    Fiona Melady; Sharon Shannon

Doheny & Nesbitt
    Eoghan Colgan; Nat Jenkins

The Bank on College Green
    Hoarsebox; The Coronas

The Village
    Golden Silvers; The Coronas

The Brazen Head
    Eoghan Colgan; The High Kings
    Joining previously announced artists Sir Tom Jones, Estelle, Sugababes and Kasabian at the Dublin Arthur’s Day celebrations are Born Blonde, Concerto for Constantine, David Kitt, Fiona Melady, Fionn Regan, General Fiasco, Jerry Fish and the Mudbug Club, Leopold, Lumiere, OK Go, Oppenheimer, Paolo Nutini, Roots Manuva, Sean Paul, Sharon Shannon, Spring Break, The Coronas, The High Kings, The Infomatics, The Magic Numbers and White Belt Yellow Tag.

Thanks for that :)
    Do you think we'll find out where the special guests will be playing beforehand.

I doubt it atm but even a rumour would do me at this point :p

We won't. Not even the PR company know that, yet!

Competition on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Whatever happened to Noah and the Whale??

Thanks for posting the full list Darragh by the way.

Whatever happened to Noah and the Whale??

Thanks for posting the full list Darragh by the way.

You're welcome. Sorry about missing out on Noah and the Whale - they're in Whelan's :) Post is updated now.

Plus, the competition is now live:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055675819

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Darragh wrote: »
    Venues:

The Bank on College Green
    Hoarsebox; The Coronas

The Village
    Golden Silvers; The Coronas

The Brazen Head
    Eoghan Colgan; The High Kings
    Sorry im abit confused, are these acts confirmed to play these venues then or did you just put them in as an example?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭annalucia

Hey, I cant make the gig but doesnt anyone want tickets for to see Republic of Loose, Jamie Callum and Calvin Harris?? Just PM me :D

oh how i wish i was going to the odeon instead of dorans:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

DUBLIN, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- With just seventeen days to go until the
    Arthur's Day celebrations begin in Dublin on the 24th September, GUINNESS is
    today revealing the latest impressive line-up of artists, A-list presenters
    and international broadcast partners taking part, as the countdown begins to
    the global festivities.

Around the world amazing talent will perform at Arthur's Day events including
    Sean Paul as headlining act at the live show in Lagos, Nigeria and The Black
    Eyed Peas performing at celebrations in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. These
    remarkable global events will see over 60 artists performing more than 60
    hours of live music in just one day in events in cities around the world.

Joining previously announced artists Sir Tom Jones, Estelle, Razorlight,
    Sugababes and Kasabian at the Dublin Arthur's Day celebrations are Roots
    Manuva, Paolo Nutini, The Magic Numbers, OK Go and White Belt Yellow Tag,
    along with some of the best live acts in Ireland today including The High
    Kings, Jerry Fish and the Mudbug Club, General Fiasco, Spring Break, David
    Kitt, and Oppenheimer.

Hosting the event in Dublin will be Cat Deeley and Ronan Keating who will take
    to the stage in the St. James's Gate Brewery, and will be joined by Colin
    Murray, Michelle De Swarte and Michelle Doherty who will be presenting live
    from the four studio venues. The Arthur's Day celebrations will be beamed
    across the globe from Ireland, UK, US and Africa via broadcast partners SKY,
    ITV2 and DirecTV.

The Arthur's Day celebrations, to mark 250 years since Arthur Guinness signed
    the 9,000 year lease on the St James's Gate Brewery in Dublin, will begin in
    the Irish capital at 17:59 local time with a toast to Arthur and carry on
    around the world in Lagos, Kuala Lumpur and New York.

In Dublin, 33 events will take place simultaneously, including a major
    performance at the St James's Gate Brewery and four studio venues as well 28
    intimate gigs at pubs around Dublin hosting local acts and surprise guest
    artists from the A-list line-up. The full line-up for Dublin studio venues and
    local acts for pub venues has also been announced today.*

New artists announced today are: Born Blonde, Concerto for Constantine, David
    Kitt, Fiona Melady, Fionn Regan, General Fiasco, Jerry Fish and the Mudbug
    Club, Leopold, Lumiere, OK Go, Oppenheimer, Paolo Nutini, Roots Manuva, Sean
    Paul, Sharon Shannon, Spring Break, The Coronas, The High Kings, The
    Infomatics, The Magic Numbers and White Belt Yellow Tag.

As part of the Arthur's Day celebrations The Guinness & Co. has pledged to
    donate 6 million euros to the Arthur Guinness Fund which will be active from
    September 2009. Arthur Guinness and his family were responsible for some of
    the most well known acts of philanthropy in Ireland and to honour and continue
    this legacy we are establishing this fund with the goal of enabling and
    empowering individuals with skills and opportunities to deliver a measured
    benefit to their communities.

Advertisement