Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arthurs day... guinness celebration gigs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Damn...should've gone for one of the 4 'big' venues when I had the chance. When I was buying the tickets I thought bands like Noah&the Whale and David Gray would be playing the pubs aswell as the guest 'big' acts....ah well, I still have a 1 in 30 chance of seeing tom jones!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

oh how i wish i was going to the odeon instead of dorans:(

Not sure that anyone is going to Dorans, its still closed isn't it?

However I think its interesting that there is only one band listed for there whilst the others have two, perhaps the proper stage set up may mean there will be a couple of the bigger bands playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

I cant beleive that most the places are sold out should be a good night!! Anyone know will there be a load of free Booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

When I was buying the tickets I thought bands like Noah&the Whale and David Gray would be playing the pubs aswell as the guest 'big' acts....ah well, I still have a 1 in 30 chance of seeing tom jones!!!

Is that still not the case? the big acts are playing some of the pubs too aren't they? or have I missed something........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mike golf

15 of us heading to Pygmalion! Should be a cracker

TO MARTHA!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

adamski8 wrote: »
    Sorry im abit confused, are these acts confirmed to play these venues then or did you just put them in as an example?

They're confirmed, as far as I know. I know the Press Release is a bit iffy but the pubs aren't that far apart either...

Damn...should've gone for one of the 4 'big' venues when I had the chance. When I was buying the tickets I thought bands like Noah&the Whale and David Gray would be playing the pubs aswell as the guest 'big' acts....ah well, I still have a 1 in 30 chance of seeing tom jones!!!

Apparently they will!
    All the special guests performing in the four studio venues and in Hopstore 13 including Tom Jones, Kasabian and Estelle will make an unannounced appearance for 30 incredible minutes when they perform live in an intimate pub setting for under €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Not sure that anyone is going to Dorans, its still closed isn't it?

However I think its interesting that there is only one band listed for there whilst the others have two, perhaps the proper stage set up may mean there will be a couple of the bigger bands playing there.

i heard it was re opening this week!heres hoping:(yeah i noticed that myself,maybe wel get some good suprise acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I have 4 tickets for O'Donoghue's. It says nowhere which O'Donoghue's it is! Does anyone know if it's the one on Merrion Row or Suffolk St?

Dermo wrote: »
    I have 4 tickets for O'Donoghue's. It says nowhere which O'Donoghue's it is! Does anyone know if it's the one on Merrion Row or Suffolk St?

Its prob the shoe box one on Baggot street!! <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Darragh wrote: »
    Apparently they will!

Oh, good! Stilll, wish I had bought tickets for Whelans while I had the chance - great line up.

It's 15 Merrion Row :)

Darragh wrote: »
    It's 15 Merrion Row :)

excellent, that's where I was hoping

Anyone know if there is any drink promos on the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tequilanet

Hey everyone,

heading up to dublin for Athur Guinness day, into temple bar! Is there stuff on all day? What time would be good to head into town around?

Cant wait!! :):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is any drink promos on the day?

I'm sure there will - The Penny Hill in Lucan and I would imagine some of the other Louis Fitzgerald pubs are giving a free pint of Guinness to the first 100 customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Think the oul wan won 2 tickets to Tripod, and they'll be mine. Calvin Harris, Rep. of Loose and a few others, should be good and I'll be going unless I get my Kasabian Storehouse ticket.

Think the oul wan won 2 tickets to Tripod, and they'll be mine. Calvin Harris, Rep. of Loose and a few others, should be good and I'll be going unless I get my Kasabian Storehouse ticket.

I wamt tickets for tripod :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Will there be a last batch of tickets on sale anytime soon or are the gigs 100% sold out?

It's a bit crap that a lot of the pubs are ticket only, prefer to pay on the door and go see different bands in different pubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Has anyone here won tickets for the storehouse?

• Advertisement

read over the weekend that there's rumours of Noel Gallagher turning up for Arthur's day, haven't seen anything official yet (apart from a sunday paper which rarely is a reliable source of info!) but has anyone heard any rumblings of this from anywhere else?

read over the weekend that there's rumours of Noel Gallagher turning up for Arthur's day, haven't seen anything official yet (apart from a sunday paper which rarely is a reliable source of info!) but has anyone heard any rumblings of this from anywhere else?

Saw that too, but they probably got that rumour from this very thread

Anyone hear the rumour that Black eyed peas are gonna be playing in the storehouse?

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Anyone hear the rumour that Black eyed peas are gonna be playing in the storehouse?

The Black Eyed Peas are playing the Guinness celebration gig in Malaysia not the Storehouse gig

The Black Eyed Peas are playing the Guinness celebration gig in Malaysia not the Storehouse gig

Thanks Dermo my contact must have got that one mixed up!!!:pac:

Saw that too, but they probably got that rumour from this very thread

possibly.... :D we'll know if the blacked eyed pea's are rumoured in it next week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ah sure the two are very easily mixed up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

are tickets sold out for calvin harris? or do tickets have to be won for those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

anyone know if dorans has re opened?getting a tad worried now.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

blocparty wrote: »
    are tickets sold out for calvin harris? or do tickets have to be won for those?

Seems the tickets are sold out, only event that needed to be won is the Storehouse gig. Just to rub it in your face, my oul wan won tickets to Tripod and they're mine.:cool:

Advertisement