Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arthurs day... guinness celebration gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Thanks for all these postings guys. I didn't realise the pub gigs were ticketed until I started reading this. There was me thinking I could just wander from pub to pub, getting people's twitters about who's playing where, etc, etc. But no of course that ain't the case :D

Just went to ticketmaster and it says that none of the tickets are on sale, and the ones were it says "find tickets", when you click into them it says they're not on sale. Anyone know the craic with that?
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/g2jexy

Ah just an update on that. I called Ticketmaster and all the gigs are now sold out. There may be one odd ticket to one odd venue but they won't be selling anymore :mad: I guess we can try our luck at the door but it may not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Only two days to go and so far only two rumours in the thread...

Roots Manuva DJ set in Pygamallion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Does anyone know whether Dicey's will be continuing their usual €3 a drink offer this Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Does anyone know whether Dicey's will be continuing their usual €3 a drink offer this Thursday?

I doubt it. Im hoping they do or maybe McGowans will continue theres!! Ill try find out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

nm wrote: »
    I've a ticket for whelans, does anyone know what the story is with the 'have to be in there by 7' thing?

If it is true and strict I'm probably gonna have to leave work early...

this is on the tickets for all of them, hard to know how strict they will be but wouldnt want to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS186320+08-Sep-2009+PRN20090908

Lineup down the bottyom of the page along with contact details of the PR company but doubt they would be forth coming with info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

BTW.... I've tickets for The Church and Spring Break were in the thread earlier listed as the band playing there... now on ticketmaster they have Eoghan Colgan & Nat Jenkins listed, does that mean this will be the three acts for the Church?

Ticketmaster also has them on at Doheny & Nesbitt's so I suspect its a Ticketmaster mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

Is paolo nutini playing anywhere????

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

What are the chances of blagging my way into the Storehouse gig?
    I might try but I dont want to look like an idiot getting turned away :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

anyone know what the story is with dorans???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Does anyone know when and where Johnny Flynn is playing? Website says sin e and temple bar??

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

ok im 99% sure that ill have 2 tickets for tripod for tomorrow night, send me a pm if you want them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Has anyone got a ticket/guestlist for the Storehouse?
    I've been waiting a week for someone to get back to me about a guestlist spot but it doesnt look like its happening now....:(

I entered the comp about 10 tens for the tickets to it, and also used a connection but with no luck, Tripod it is for me.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

changed to 100% get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

Supergrass are the headliners at The Baggot Inn. Was in there last night and they had posters up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

What time will the actual gigs be over at and will the pubs be opening to the general public then? Presumably they can't keep everyone who doesn't have a ticket out of practically all the pubs in town for the entire night? We have tickets for Diceys and friends who don't want to come in and meet us after... Can anyone shed any light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

... Cant get tickets for any of the events:( .. Are they are there are pubs in town that would be good to go to tonight that you dont need tickets for?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Rumours abound that Sugababes might not be turning up for Vicar Street, anyone confirm/deny this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

yeah read that in the paper this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorita

Dorans??...anyone???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Rumours abound that Sugababes might not be turning up for Vicar Street, anyone confirm/deny this?

In fairness, wouldn't surprise me at all. Like they've gained a new member just a few days ago - and were away in LA shooting a music video since then. I can't imagine they've had the time to rehearse for a gig with the new line up. God only knows tho.

Heading to Spy myself - hoping the Calvin Harris rumour is true. Also, does anyone know, do spy do any kind of food? Gonna be in there pretty early after work - can't imagine lasting long unless I get some grub into me at some stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mike golf

Dear Customer,

Please read this email carefully as it contains important information about the venue you have selected to celebrate Arthur's Day on Thursday 24 September.

Due to unavoidable circumstances Pygmalion can not host the Arthur's Day event you have bought tickets for. The event has now been moved to The Button Factory in Temple Bar.

Your tickets are still valid and doors open at 17:00 on Thursday 24 September 2009, Arthur's Day.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change of venue.

Thank you for joining us in our world wide Arthur's Day celebrations.

Kind Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bart Roberts

It said in the email i got get in before 6 as the surprise guests in the pub might show up then to 'toast' Arthur. Do you reckon that means the surprise acts will play at 6 before their headline gigs in the big venues??

I thought they would come to the pub after those gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Heading to Spy myself - hoping the Calvin Harris rumour is true. Also, does anyone know, do spy do any kind of food? Gonna be in there pretty early after work - can't imagine lasting long unless I get some grub into me at some stage!

He'll be there alright - havent a clue what time though.

They dont do food in there but sure guinness is practically a food group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

Dita Von Teese is in town!!!!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Anyone know whats going on at the Temple Bar bar, who's playing etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Anyone know whats going on at the Temple Bar bar, who's playing etc??

I dont think anyone knows whats going on anywhere!!:) Its all a bit of a muddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Supergrass are the headliners at The Baggot Inn. Was in there last night and they had posters up.

Supergrass or The Hot Rats? Thought they were only playing as The Hot Rats which is their cover band thing, isn't it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

panda100 wrote: »
    I dont think anyone knows whats going on anywhere!!:) Its all a bit of a muddle

Lumiere and Johnny Flynn are playing, never heard of either so was hoping there'd be a surprise guest, except i wanted to cut out the surprise and just find out NOW :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

can you buy tickets at the door at tripod tonight? I have a mate claiming you can and i'd be somewhat tempted only that I don't trust this particular mate's judgement based on previous experiences -_-

Advertisement