Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see RGDATA have objected to An Board Pleanala for a Frozen Food supermarket from opening in Cleveragh Retail Park. I wonder is that Iceland Supermarket that wants to open there? No surprise that existing traders don't want extra competition, hence the objection.

http://www.pleanala.ie/lists/2012/new/new20120921.htm#Sligo
    241104: Unit 3A, Cleveragh Retail Park, Cleveragh Demesne, Sligo. (PD12/48)
    • Case Type: Planning Appeal
    • Description: Change of use of Unit 3A from retail warehouse to frozen foodstore.
    • Planning Authority: Sligo County Council
    • Date lodged: 18/09/2012
    • EIS: No
    • NIS: No
    • Parties
      • Abbey Frozen Foods Limited (Applicant)
      • RGDATA (Appellant)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see RGDATA have objected to An Board Pleanala for a Frozen Food supermarket from opening in Cleveragh Retail Park. I wonder is that Iceland Supermarket that wants to open there? No surprise that existing traders don't want extra competition, hence the objection.

http://www.pleanala.ie/lists/2012/new/new20120921.htm#Sligo
    241104: Unit 3A, Cleveragh Retail Park, Cleveragh Demesne, Sligo. (PD12/48)
    • Case Type: Planning Appeal
    • Description: Change of use of Unit 3A from retail warehouse to frozen foodstore.
    • Planning Authority: Sligo County Council
    • Date lodged: 18/09/2012
    • EIS: No
    • NIS: No
    • Parties
      • Abbey Frozen Foods Limited (Applicant)
      • RGDATA (Appellant)

Your answer is in your own question. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Thats a shame they were denied the move as its a great shop just a tad too small.

Seen an advert for staff wanted in the Champion this week for the Yankee Candle shop due to open in Johnston Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

whatswhat wrote: »
    Thats a shame they were denied the move as its a great shop just a tad too small.

They aren't moving, I thought they just want to extend their existing shop into their existing warehouse making the retail part bigger. This is why I can't understand the objection, the shop has been selling bulk frozen foods to the public for ages, what's the difference if it's a bigger retail space inside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

whatswhat wrote: »
    Seen an advert for staff wanted in the Champion this week for the Yankee Candle shop due to open in Johnston Court.

What sort of info do they give for you to apply? I was told its just a UK phone number to ring. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

You just have to ring a number that's in the ad in the Sligo Champion. I've since thrown the paper out so don't have the number to hand but it is indeed a 0044 number.

I believe they are hoping to open in a months time or so.

Also, there is a clothes shop opening in Johnston Court, can't remember the name but I think it's going to be part of the shop that Tommy Hilfiger was located in, just upstairs. Don't know any more info :(

What sort of info do they give for you to apply? I was told its just a UK phone number to ring. Thanks.

Just checked the paper and the number given is 0044 77697 44915.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Plazaman wrote: »
    They aren't moving, I thought they just want to extend their existing shop into their existing warehouse making the retail part bigger. This is why I can't understand the objection, the shop has been selling bulk frozen foods to the public for ages, what's the difference if it's a bigger retail space inside?

Dunnes and other supermarkets in the area are the Objectors ive herd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

sligono1 wrote: »
    Dunnes and other supermarkets in the area are the Objectors ive herd
    RGDATA were the objectors according to newspaper.

It's in the original post.

• Advertisement

well from what heard about the trade the big retailers wanted to close him up full stop. RGDATA how will a store like that impend on RGDATA members?? you drive past three major retailers to go to the mentioned store,its typical a store offering good value to customers in very difficult times and as a nation what do we do? something were getting very good at Object

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi
    Does anyone know whats going into the new unit that has been built beside the entrance to Aldi.
    There are lads working in there so it must be opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

johnire wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know whats going into the new unit that has been built beside the entrance to Aldi.
    There are lads working in there so it must be opening soon.
    Rumours are it's a pharmacy...

.. well, that was the rumours before Aldi even opened.

Pharmacy would be a good hit there,very handy when over shopping in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Yes its a pharmacy all right... been fitted out at moment.

i hear jack and jones are re opening on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

Does anybody know if GG Barbershop is closed? Was there just after 2pm today. It was locked up. I called the number and couldn't get through. Ended up going down the road to the new Zagros. Really nice place. I thought they had closed during the summer. Didn't go down far enough and got it mixed up with another barbershop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

DenMan wrote: »
    Does anybody know if GG Barbershop is closed? Was there just after 2pm today. It was locked up. I called the number and couldn't get through. Ended up going down the road to the new Zagros. Really nice place. I thought they had closed during the summer. Didn't go down far enough and got it mixed up with another barbershop.
    persume they were just closed for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

shanec1928 wrote: »
    persume they were just closed for lunch.

I went back at 4pm and they were still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Zipyard have just opened on Rockwood parade. They do clothes alterations. I can't recommend them highly enough, went in today for a dress to be taken in, it was done within the hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

DenMan wrote: »

was open today

Sligored wrote: »

was open today
    Was getting worried I'd have to find a new barber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Which is GG barbershop?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Which is GG barbershop?
    On the Cornor of old market street and high street.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Yankee Candle store open in Johnston Court where the Jeans Scene was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

The pharmacy at Aldi is now open.

There's also some fitting out going on Castle st. where the old Castle Interiors shop used to be. Anybody know what's going on there. New chippy?

Also down past Barton Smiths by Mollys, new signage and painting going on today, "Arena Amusements" moving in.

Only noticed today that PJ Foley and Sons was actually opened - right opposite the opening to the arcade/Tesco off O'Connell St. Cushioned in between The Liber Bookshop and Moffits. Have I just been ignorant in thinking that's been closed a long long time :confused:?

see theres a new chipper opening beside Mooneys pub in maugherboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I do love a good chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sligono1 wrote: »
    see theres a new chipper opening beside Mooneys pub in maugherboy

Its actually part of Mooneys. Its where the 'Snug' used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

irish-stew wrote: »
    Its actually part of Mooneys. Its where the 'Snug' used to be.

Interesting. Should do well on match day as well as having a large local catchment area.

Advertisement