Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Only noticed today that PJ Foley and Sons was actually opened
    P.F. Dooney & Son.
    sligono1 wrote: »
    see theres a new chipper opening beside Mooneys pub in maugherboy
    It's open, opened yesterday. Looks good and should do well. They do duck too, first time I've ever seen that in a chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Interesting. Should do well on match day as well as having a large local catchment area.

Not sure if its still accessible from the main bar though. Even though should still do well. Nearest other chipper is the Happy Eater across from the bus Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Seems to be a new place going in at where Borza used to be on Mail Coach Road. Some Portugese take-away.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

yea saw that today a Portuguese chicken place,so its peri-peri chicken takeaway

thebuzz wrote: »
    Seems to be a new place going in at where Borza used to be on Mail Coach Road. Some Portugese take-away.

Seems like the takeaway business is booming, so many opening up. Doubt they will be anything like Nandos though.

• Advertisement

no just doesnt have the looks of a Nandos or anything near it.takeaways and bookies thats all that seems to be booming these days

sligono1 wrote: »
    no just doesnt have the looks of a Nandos or anything near it.takeaways and bookies thats all that seems to be booming these days

Oh I know it looks nothing like Nandos, but due to its popularity, they might be going for that market.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

irish-stew wrote: »
    Seems like the takeaway business is booming, so many opening up. Doubt they will be anything like Nandos though.

I'd kill for a Nandos here. Love it.

I'd kill for a Nandos here. Love it.

Its alright. Would prefer a Gourmet Burger or Wagamamas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Its alright. Would prefer a Gourmet Burger or Wagamamas though.

Wagamamas in Sligo......
    Droooool.
    I would never eat anywhere else ever again, ever. Chilli Chicken Ramen.
    Im ashamed to admit I have actually travelled to Dublin solely to eat both there and Nandos. Dundrum is way nicer than the town centre options in both respects. 'tis expensive tho.

New childrens playcentre and coffee shop opening in Grange on 12/12/12.
    www.facebook.com/fivestarfun
    My niece got a job there and she's delighted with herself, so yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Would love if someone would open a Thai or Vietnamese restaurant in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Some kind of public cash'n'carry outlet opening on Ballast Quay, just past where Gilroy Tiles was.
    Spotted the signage as I was passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

red sean wrote: »
    Some kind of public cash'n'carry outlet opening on Ballast Quay, just past where Gilroy Tiles was.
    Spotted the signage as I was passing.

It's called Foodstore and more. Heard an advert on Ocean for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

A sister store to Homestore and more?

Must pop in and check it out during the week.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    A sister store to Homestore and more?

Must pop in and check it out during the week.

I wouldn't think it's anything to do with them. Also I presume you need a trade card as it's a cash and carry...might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭Basq

magnumlady wrote: »
    I wouldn't think it's anything to do with them. Also I presume you need a trade card as it's a cash and carry...might be wrong though.
    No, it's open to the public.

Basq wrote: »
    No, it's open to the public.

Oh great, I hear they do milk for 99cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

magnumlady wrote: »
    Oh great, I hear they do milk for 99cent.
    I called in today on way from recycling depot just for a look. Not a huge stock, but he said theres more stock coming. Lots of catering size foodstuffs and frozen food. Would'nt know about price comparisons :o
    Also does bags of potatoes and coal, briquettes, pet foods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

I don't see mention of "The Snug" bar/pub having reopened in the Stephen Street carpark, behind Reidy's Restaurant. near The Garavogue and infront of the the pedestrian footbridge.

Have had a few nights in here over the last few months and its a really great place. Busy during the Sligo Live festival with some great bands. Infact they've had a few great bands in since, particularly Willie Kelly's bluegrass style band which puts on a great show.

Recommended! A+++

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I don't see mention of "The Snug" bar/pub having reopened in the Stephen Street carpark, behind Reidy's Restaurant. near The Garavogue and infront of the the pedestrian footbridge.

Have had a few nights in here over the last few months and its a really great place. Busy during the Sligo Live festival with some great bands. Infact they've had a few great bands in since, particularly Willie Kelly's bluegrass style band which puts on a great show.

Recommended! A+++

They have a trad session every Sunday from 7. Really nice, friendly pub.

• Advertisement

There is a new charity shop open in the Wine Street carpark. Some of the suits from the menswear shop are for sale in there for €30.

See some sort of Kids play centre is opening down in Grange where the furniture place was beside the petrol station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Does anyone know when Gullivers restaurant is re-opening, I've seen them fitting stuff in at the Bistro, and they're talking about vouchers etc for Xmas but can't see any sign of it being open? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Opening tomorrow. It's also an actual portugese woman running the place. Couldn't say the same for any Nando's I've been in.
    We can all judge tomorrow anyway when it's open. :)

Noticed the hoardings down on the unit beside the old Keohouns (spelling) book shop on Castle Street. Seemed to be a fit out going on.

Seen rumours on one of the other thread that it was a temporary location for Penneys whilst their store is refitted.

Any confirmation, or is it for a new shop.

Pennys would hardly be able to fit much stock in there would they?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭shanec1928

its dealz

Oops read it wrong. Thought they were referring to Keohanes old shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Hi there,

Just to let people know that Crean Ceramic City (of Castlebar and Charlestown) have opened in the old Gilroy Tiles store on Ballast Quay. We offer an extensive range of ceramic and porcelain tiles, fire places, stoves, sanitary ware, shower doors and trays, shower systems, bathroom accessories, mirrors for bathrooms and living rooms and wall art...

I work in sales in the store if I can help please feel free to pm me...

(Please note permission was sought from mods prior to posting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I see The Food Centre (Abbey Foods) are moving to a bigger space in Cleveragh (beside Expert Electrical). They have a sign over there saying opening March 2013. I like this place, it's like a cash n carry open to everybody.

Advertisement