Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Basq wrote: »
    This rumour again?

I'll believe it when I see it...

They have plans for four stores in Ireland at the moment and hope to have around 20 if I remember correctly. We can only hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mongoola

Wonder where it is? Aldi is much like Lidl, no? Or is that Netto? Curse these low end supermarkets and their non sensical names!

I'd love an ASDA in that retail park where HomeBase is...

Just past St. Anne's Church on left, I'm pretty sure. Well that's where work has started this week and permission was granted there for a food discount store.;)

Their application required assembly.. and they charge extra for that!

What exactly does that mean?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

mongoola wrote: »
    Just past St. Anne's Church on left, I'm pretty sure. Well that's where work has started this week and permission was granted there for a food discount store.;)

No work has started over there.

No work has started over there.

Sorry, past the Church, Cranmore Rd. as you go towards Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

This rumour again?

I'll believe it when I see it...

Read it in the weekender a few months back the odd thing was whatever Asda spokesperson they were quoting said the were only planning to open in Sligo and no where else in the republic taught that was a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Razleavy wrote: »
    They have plans for four stores in Ireland at the moment and hope to have around 20 if I remember correctly. We can only hope!

Thats Iceland your thinking of.

Sorry, past the Church, Cranmore Rd. as you go towards Lidl.

Where transware was or where the Oak tree was. Nither of them have any work going on anywhere

Where transware was or where the Oak tree was. Nither of them have any work going on anywhere

The derelict building just past Dunne's, other side of road. Demolition started a few days ago. I pass it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Wonder where it is? Aldi is much like Lidl, no? Or is that Netto? Curse these low end supermarkets and their non sensical names!

I'd love an ASDA in that retail park where HomeBase is...

It's going to be across from the Dunnes at st. Annes (where that old factory building is, or whatever the building was).

My old company suppied certain equipment for commercial buildings, and we got all the news and updates of every planning application placed in Ireland.

The Aldi had been granted planning permission for their store at st. Annes, according to the website we got our information from. It will also only take 10 months to build the store (apparently, and Aldi do usually get their stores up quickly....... once building has started)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Yeah, thats where I was told. The old Sligo Models factory site.

The derelict building just past Dunne's, other side of road. Demolition started a few days ago. I pass it regularly.

That'll be where Transware was then. Wonder are they using the old oak tree site too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

that'll be three supermarkets in close proximity of each other. Wonder can the area support another supermarket of that size?!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    that'll be three supermarkets in close proximity of each other. Wonder can the area support another supermarket of that size?!
    Yes. When the eastern bridge is built.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Be a fair while til that's built though from the way things are going. Hasn't it been stalled again?!

Yeah, more waffling going on about the eastern bridge. Hopefully they'll get their finger out soon.

That's a very small site for them to be using for Aldi. Surely they'll be using the site next door too, the old oak tree one. The site beside Roemer was rumored to be used by them before, but it was too small, but its bigger than this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

jazyguy wrote: »
    Just saw today Hidden Hearing have opened a branch in Quayside shopping centre.

Not very well hidden so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

ectoraige wrote: »
    Not very well hidden so.

What? I can't hear you, you'll have to type louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

A new store has opened in the Quayside. It's called X factor...or something like that. It's where Streets used to be. Selling all kinds of things.
    Also The Sweet Shop in Quayside has re-opened (or is under new management), much more stock this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

magnumlady wrote: »
    Also The Sweet Shop in Quayside has re-opened (or is under new management), much more stock this time.

Yes new management and its much cheaper than the last place you get a lot more sweet for your money now. I also think the guys working in there are much nicer than the last people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Yes new management and its much cheaper than the last place you get a lot more sweet for your money now. I also think the guys working in there are much nicer than the last people :)

Same people who own Cafe Mezzanine opened it. Have you ever eaten there? They really know the meaning of value for money! Amazing feed...

On a similar note, Cafe Maud's has now re-opened (think it may be Yum Yum's) under the management of former staff I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

catreyn wrote: »
    Same people who own Cafe Mezzanine opened it. Have you ever eaten there? They really know the meaning of value for money! Amazing feed...

On a similar note, Cafe Maud's has now re-opened (think it may be Yum Yum's) under the management of former staff I think...

I love Maud's but wasn't a fan of the management there. Hope it works out this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There is a new 'cheap' shop just opened in the Quayside.
    50 wash boxes of washing powder for 9.99, greetings cards for 39 cent. Seems pretty good.

Also Smyths have their sign up at Carraroe so I'd say they will be moving soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

New men's clothes shop opened where Faith used to be in Quayside SC, called Seven.

Also posters up in the centre beside Cafe Mezzanine (where the market was) for a new deli/bakery called Angelina's (signs say "Coming Soon!", man & woman in there cleaning the place today.)

Also, Smyths is now open in Carraroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's a new Chinese called 'China City' on the entrance to the Market Yard (where Dragon House).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

There seems to be work going on at the old Vodafone shop on O'Connell Street. Hopefully something going in there.

Work also going on in what used to be BB Muffins, I think it's going to be a cafe style place run by the same crowd as the Bistro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Isnt that our new "italian quarter"??
    Hope rockwood regains a bit of class.
    It could be lovely if it was all done right. Such a location in fairness.
    It was lovely 13 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

bobcar61 wrote: »
    There seems to be work going on at the old Vodafone shop on O'Connell Street. Hopefully something going in there.

Work also going on in what used to be BB Muffins, I think it's going to be a cafe style place run by the same crowd as the Bistro.

Was told its gonna be a tapas bar. You are right about the owners. Heard also something about them wanting to light up the river, whatever they're trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

catreyn wrote: »
    New men's clothes shop opened where Faith used to be in Quayside SC, called Seven.

Also posters up in the centre beside Cafe Mezzanine (where the market was) for a new deli/bakery called Angelina's (signs say "Coming Soon!", man & woman in there cleaning the place today.)

Also, Smyths is now open in Carraroe.

Interesting thing with that deli/bakery. Remember when the market was there, the ones from cafe mezzanine were complaining that it would take away from their business. That middle floor of the shopping centre is a disaster. Never seen a shopping centre where the escalator skipped a floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

There's a new Chinese called 'China City' on the entrance to the Market Yard (where Dragon House).

Thankfully they have the outside of the building repainted from what I seen today, twas in a dreadful state and I think thats why the last takeaway crowd did badly. If the outside looks like a kip...

Seem to be putting a bit of work into it though, should do well if Dragon Court was anything to go by fado fado. You can never have enough chinesesesses around (now if only one of them would open at lunchtime).

Advertisement