Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

How much was it do you mind me asking? Meant to pop in last time I was at the Food Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    How much was it do you mind me asking? Meant to pop in last time I was at the Food Centre.

60 euro for a month's unlimited membership. Unlimited use of the gym and you can go to as many classes as you like. Really handy and alot better than signing up with a gym. There are no planks texting on their phones, using machines that aren't even switched on or just sitting around chatting in there. Serious stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Lornen wrote: »
    60 euro for a month's unlimited membership. Unlimited use of the gym and you can go to as many classes as you like. Really handy and alot better than signing up with a gym. There are no planks texting on their phones, using machines that aren't even switched on or just sitting around chatting in there. Serious stuff!

many of the male species there, am a bit shy;)
    seriously is there much of a mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

The word on the street, well Market St. at least, is that the old Innisfree hotel will re-open as a hostel.

was it not always a hostel,:D how many late nights drinking were spent in that place and people crashed on the couches,

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I see CEX are opening in the old Broderick's Shop in Tesco Arcade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

How do you pronounce that? It's either Kecks (underwear) or Sex (no underwear required).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

How do you pronounce that? It's either Kecks (underwear) or Sex (no underwear required).
    I normally just say the initials - aka C.E.X (See-Eee-Ex)! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm going to call it "The DVD Place". *prim*

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Costa Coffee are opening at Carraroe and are looking for staff.

FAS Jobs Website

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Same owner as Pizza hut - would avoid them or read carefully contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Basq wrote: »
    I see CEX are opening in the old Broderick's Shop in Tesco Arcade.

Yes!! Delighted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Is HMV re-opening? was in Johnstons Court the other day and saw a big 'New store coming soon' banner outside HMV.

Back when they had just closed and the staff were fighting for their wages, I was chatting to one of the guys who was working there. He said Johnson's Court had offers from a "big high street name" that wanted to take on the place (and possibly The Jeans Scene next door). This was even before anyone knew for definite what was happening! The staff were guessing wither M&S or H&M...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Oh please be h&m :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Oh please be h&m M&S :)

Fixed that for ya.

Just for their food store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Its probably dorothy perkins :p:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Isn't there already a Dorothy Perkins in Sligo? In Lyons' Building?

Has there being any progress with the unit HMV formerly occupied, any strong rumor or confirmation of a what store may be opening in its place.

On a separate note, there seemed to workers in the old Marys Of Sligo, don't know if there are any future plans for a shop there or not.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Isn't there already a Dorothy Perkins in Sligo? In Lyons' Building?

Has there being any progress with the unit HMV formerly occupied, any strong rumor or confirmation of a what store may be opening in its place.

On a separate note, there seemed to workers in the old Marys Of Sligo, don't know if there are any future plans for a shop there or not.

There has been a huge banner over the entrance for a good while now, new store opening soon.

Although the window display is seems unchanged, and think the HMV sign is still up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    There has been a huge banner over the entrance for a good while now, new store opening soon.

Although the window display is seems unchanged, and think the HMV sign is still up.

There's nothing of the old shop left inside though.

I think it's a case of an old window display being marginally more pleasing than an empty one.

We can take M & S off the 'potential' list.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23598678

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Positive news for Sligo, online retailer Overstock.com announce 45 new jobs in Sligo

http://www.idaireland.com/news-media/press-releases/online-discount-retailer-/index.xml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Isn't there already a Dorothy Perkins in Sligo? In Lyons' Building?.

I was saying that in jest.

Pardon my doomy gloomy head, but I can't see Sligo being an attractive location for any major players at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Hmm, I wonder if they got that window display signage on the cheap because some company had huge stock and are trying to get rid?? :p

I see that Pizza Hut has been rebranded with the Costa signs and logos,must be opening imminently.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sgds

I did a delivery to Costa Coffee this morning. It looks very well inside, slight changes from when Pizza Hut were there, serving counter in the middle and a different arrangement of seating.
    Hope it does well as it is quite large for a coffee shop

Another over priced coffee shop in the town, we needed it like a hole in the head! I don't know how they came to decide on opening in the retail park as the one in town is always empty bar a few seats. I've never even seen the second floor open in town to customers.

Another over priced coffee shop in the town, we needed it like a hole in the head! I don't know how they came to decide on opening in the retail park as the one in town is always empty bar a few seats. I've never even seen the second floor open in town to customers.

Never seen the top deck of that open. Like you said, just the few seats around the balcony.

I do miss the juice bar that was under it though.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

I couldn't agree more with you. I can't understand how anyone goes into the one in Johnson Court as it is so completely uninviting and cold-not to mention filthy and overpriced. Certainly this was the situation the last few times I was in there up to a few months ago.

Never seen the top deck of that open. Like you said, just the few seats around the balcony.

Never got anything but grief in the Juice bar, really horrible unfriendly staff. I was getting a smoothie and handed in a 20 and got change of 10 back. Very uncomfortable few moments were had! Never went back.

johnire wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more with you. I can't understand how anyone goes into the one in Johnson Court as it is so completely uninviting and cold-not to mention filthy and overpriced. Certainly this was the situation the last few times I was in there up to a few months ago.

It's absolutely crazy, there is one girl who works there that I get on with as she's lively and up for a bit of a chat at the counter when taking your order/making your coffee, even she seems to hate the place. But the price of the food there is absolutely hilarious, considering it's all pre-packaged crap.
    It's nearly 5 quid for a slice of cake or something wild like that. I'd rather die of thirst than part with 3 euro for a coffee there. Also, no music? I knew something was missing. Very hostile.
    I really can't imagine the one at the retail park doing well, should have been a Burger Kind IMO... That is my inner fat person speaking, but holy God I would keep that place in business :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah, they were lovely, it's a shame they shut down, there's no real alternative for smoothies in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Never got anything but grief in the Juice bar, really horrible unfriendly staff. I was getting a smoothie and handed in a 20 and got change of 10 back. Very uncomfortable few moments were had! Never went back.

Really? I thought the staff there were nice enough, apart from one miserable b1tch who worked there for a little while, one evening I went in there at 5 to 6, she clocked me then ignored me for a few minutes then told me she wouldn't serve me because they were closing, that is the kind of sh1t that would put some people off ever returning there again.

Advertisement