Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq mini desktop with 21.5in monitor €69.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Just phoned Littlewood. Told me the order would be canceled because the price was an error.
    Ah well... you win some, you loose some! :)

I wonder if any one of the orders will slip through their net and actually get delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I didn't get any email I'm hopeful that I'll get it!:pac::pac:

flyingpigs.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I wonder if any one of the orders will slip through their net and actually get delivered?
    straws.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

hey guys.. ordered one there yesterday, gave it a shot sure feck, may aswell! im just wondering, has everybody got the email saying it wont be acceptd? because i havent and im scared ill get chargd the full whack..! surely they couldnt do that though right??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i didnt get the email yet and they cant charge u full whack.

• Advertisement

wtrdfrd18 wrote: »
    surely they couldnt do that though right??
    No, they can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 robhughes111

Littlewoods direct having made this mistake have just got thousands of people to register for their site - so you may find you are bombarded with spam for 'special' offers.

Even though they have a huge amount of great stuff iMacs, Sony desktops etc - I'd recommend to look elsewhere as:
    1 they are charging much more to the Irish than they do to our counterparts in Britain for the exact same products (apart from Compaq mini desktops;)).
    2 if you do find a 'real' bargain you are likely to find out that they have buggered it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Littlewoods direct having made this mistake have just got thousands of people to register for their site - so you may find you are bombarded with spam for 'special' offers.

There was an option to "Opt out" of any mail correspondence when creating the new account so I don't see any problem if you filled out the form correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Got confirmation email today, 6th July delivery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

you may find you are bombarded with spam for 'special' offers.

Only if your stupid enough to sign up to spam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭NTC

Talking about it on Ray D'Arcy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

well the sex in the city boxset was around 22 quid!

Also i have a spedific email address for placing online orders with , so all spam stays there and doesnt bother me

D'arcy got a statement from Littlewoods.

Won't be honoured... what a shocker! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭steof1984

Topic being discussed at the moment on Ray D'Arcy show on Today FM

They contacted Littlewoods and were told that it was a pricing error. They are going to refund the oders that went trough.

And sent a letter to all people who ordered to apologise

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

steof1984 wrote: »
    Topic being discussed at the moment on Ray D'Arcy show on Today FM

They contacted Littlewoods and were told that it was a pricing error. They are going to refund the oders that went trough.

And sent a letter to all people who ordered to apologise

Yeah a letter and a bloody catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Got confirmation email today, 6th July delivery.

Got this yesterday - as did a bunch of us. The only hope now is that those who paid by credit card might have some chance of getting it. (You accepted the advertised price which is a contract offer, they took funds from you which closes the contract and they are now obliged to provide the product - maybe). Anyone who paid by CC had their order cancelled yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

NTC wrote: »
    Talking about it on Ray D'Arcy now.

Feic D'arcy, where's Joe Duffy? He'll annoy Littlewoods into submission.

I don't understand all of ye who still think it's possible ye will recieve it.

Listen, Littlewood's T&C's truly cover their arse with regards pricing errors. Not until the item has been despatched have you any type of comeback.. and God knows if you've any hope then even.

The reason no-one has gotten a cancellation is probably because they've to go through (the God knows how many) all of the orders, formulate a structured statement mixed with some legal jargon and spew it out to all who ordered.

Expect a cancellation e-mail before the end of the day I would imagine.. or they mightn't bother and just send a letter out to everyone's billing address.

EDIT: D'Arcy does a good Duffy tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Feic D'arcy, where's Joe Duffy? He'll annoy Littlewoods into submission.

Joe Duffy is lying up relaxing and recovering....best we leave him alone for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Upsetland, welcomes me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

We ordered a load of other stuff as well, kids clothes etc just threw the computers in for a bit of crack. Reg with littlewoods for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

eightyfish wrote: »
    Got this yesterday - as did a bunch of us. The only hope now is that those who paid by credit card might have some chance of getting it. (You accepted the advertised price which is a contract offer, they took funds from you which closes the contract and they are now obliged to provide the product - maybe). Anyone who paid by CC had their order cancelled yet?

which bit of you won't get it do you not understand?

kida wrote: »

the middle bit.
    the first bit.
    and the last bit.

Someone from Boards should ring up D'Arcy for the 'Odd One Out Quiz' and say 'Littlewoods.. the bastards!' for every answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bald? er, dash!

basquille wrote: »
    Someone from Boards should ring up D'Arcy for the 'Odd One Out Quiz' and say 'Littlewoods.. the bastards!' for every answer.

Let us know how that goes for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Darcy has been talking about someone emailed in I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

eightyfish wrote: »
    Incorrect. Advertising a price is not considered to be making an offer, so you ordering does not make a contract.

They clearly say that the contract is made once the item is dispatched. No dispatch, no contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's a pitty we aint getting it alright, but I'd love if they charged my card and somehow they legally had to sell me that shizz! :D
    T & C's ftl!
    :o

basquille wrote: »
    Littlewoods.. the bastards!'.
    kida wrote: »

Legally, we probably don't have a leg to stand on. Morally, nobody is entitled to a new computer for €70 just cos some poor staff member didn't carry the decimal point. Financially, it would be crazy for them to honour a bunch or orders with such heavy losses.

But following this en mass is fun when work is boring, and you never know.

• Advertisement

Incorrect. Advertising a price is not considered to be making an offer, so you ordering does not make a contract.
    They clearly say that the contract is made once the item is dispatched. No dispatch, no contract.

I know that in a shop, if something has the wrong price, the customer is not entitled to that price if it is incorrect and it is noticed before they pay (even though they will stamp their feet and say they are). But if you've paid the price already, then you are entitled to the product (at least in the shops I've worked in). This is only going on experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement