Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq mini desktop with 21.5in monitor €69.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Dont think it was worth the monthly junk mail we will receive from Littlewoods.

I had to write a letter to tehm to stop sending monthly bills and crap the last time......but i went for it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Oo oo this would be great! Cheers OP have ordered one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Does the 19" come with keyboard & mouse as in the picture?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jape wrote: »
    Does the 19" come with keyboard & mouse as in the picture?

Despite the fact you almost certainly wont ever see it, i'd say it does come with a keyboard and mouse.
    It would be sweet if we did get it though....only ordered one cause i'm not greedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

If it doesn't have a keyboard and mouse then I don't think it's worth €69, the review under it said it's too slow to even browse the net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

No discount for bulk order!!??!!!???:mad:

;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jape wrote: »
    If it doesn't have a keyboard and mouse then I don't think it's worth €69, the review under it said it's too slow to even browse the net

Just looking at the res of that machine, it doesn't surprise me that it'll struggle to do anything, but the 160Gig 7200rpm drive and 19" screen would be used by me if i got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

johndoc wrote: »
    No discount for bulk order!!??!!!???:mad:

;)

:D ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

kingcurls wrote: »
    a source tells me they rang littlewoods to check would they actually get it of they bought one apparently they will have to honour and they cant take it off the site for 24 hours because of some consumer protection act......

would this be the same source that told people that every imigrant that came into the country got a free car? or that every polish person takes an airplane over and back from poland to collect the dole here?

what you are saying is total and utter rubbish.

there is NO consumer protection act stating what you have said and there is no legal requirement for littlewoods to honour any of the orders for a mis-priced product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

darc wrote: »
    would this be the same source that told people that every imigrant that came into the country got a free car? or that every polish person takes an airplane over and back from poland to collect the dole here?

there is NO consumer protection act stating what you have said and there is no legal requirement for littlewoods to honour any of the orders for a mis-priced product.

Yes, this is what I believe is the case (depressingly though :( ), still thought "who dares wins"!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

darc wrote: »

very harsh words im only telling you what i heard to be fair it was from someone who was speaking to someone who rang them i never said that i knew of a certain act so chill out pal and dont talk to me like im a fool please

actually the more i think back at my studies of consumer law in college i dont think any one will get these computers they will be told the order cannot be honoured and offered the computer(s) at full price but no one will be obligated to pay

the story we were told was if someone goes into a shop and sees a jumper advertised as 35 euro and they then try to purchase the item for that price they will not be obliged to sell it for the tagged price if its a mistake so i wouldnt hold much hope for getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

late to this party but it sounds like someone spiked the drink anyway.

ordered the 19 inch. This better show up or i will be forced to do absolutely nothing but moan about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jivet

Terms and conditions

3. Processing your orders and payment
    3.1 If you are paying for your order through your Littlewoods Ireland Catalogue account, the relevant payment will be shown on your next statement.

3.2 Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.

3.3 All prices shown on our website are inclusive of VAT.

3.2 has them covered. Sorry gents, wanted to get one as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Happened with a cousin of mine on a UK site recently enough. They were offering a £400 euro (Or thereabouts) discount on a £1000+ pc. They accidentally had the discount up as the price. Honoured it in the end.

Too many people in on this though. OP should have kept it to himself alright!

Cheers anyway though, ordered two myself :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I just contacted Littlewoods and spoke to an advisor.

She confirmed that the price is correct and told me to put my order in as fast as possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭quinnie123ie

I have ordered a couple, i am just curious about a couple of things if you ask me i think littlewoods are very aware of what they have done, how many of you have now signed up to their site & obtained credit from them? and others have used their credit cards to purchase their orders... on the credit cards, if littlewoods let all that money 'rest in their account' for a few days before refunding, would they not earn a stack of interest? and with regards to them increasing their irish customer base probably by double there will be only one winner here... ok you could be p155ed off with them for a while, but when the dust settles and you have got over what we all believed from the start to be a 'too good to be true' offer, most of us will probably start purchasing from littlewoods using our €400+ credit limits...

in short, if littlewoods do not honour the deal i urge everyone who has opened an account to send them an abusive email and request the account is closed immediatley to avoid any drunken splurges of cash on useless items - believe me, my girlfriend has an account with them for some time now & one night we purchased some rediculous crap including a toothbrush for our toothless dog!!!

:) hope you all agree to close thew accounts, i know i will be urging the GF to do the same, although she loves them, more then me i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

swingking wrote: »
    I just contacted Littlewoods and spoke to an advisor.

She confirmed that the price is correct and told me to put my order in as fast as possible :D

Really? so my 5pm sale might be honored?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Just ordered the 19" one myself with the code for 55 quid, like others have said nothing to loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

GrumPy wrote: »
    Really? so my 5pm sale might be honored?? :D

yeah she said there was no reason why that price wasn't correct. She wasn't even taking the pi55

o1s1n wrote: »
    Happened with a cousin of mine on a UK site recently enough. They were offering a £400 euro (Or thereabouts) discount on a £1000+ pc. They accidentally had the discount up as the price. Honoured it in the end.

Too many people in on this though. OP should have kept it to himself alright!

Cheers anyway though, ordered two myself :pac::pac:

Yea i can imagine if there was one person who put the request through they might have honoured it out of goodwill but with the amount of people ordering i think they will say actually we arent interested in loosing 500 + quid on several thousand computers thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I spoke with them just there. I pointed out it must be a mistake, they pointed out it isn't. I asked what will happen if it is, they told me nothing. I asked if, say it was €169 and it was discovered after I bought it, they told me my price I paid will be honoured. Iv got his name in the event it goes screwy but thats what he insisted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Sully wrote: »
    I spoke with them just there. I pointed out it must be a mistake, they pointed out it isn't. I asked what will happen if it is, they told me nothing. I asked if, say it was €169 and it was discovered after I bought it, they told me my price I paid will be honoured. Iv got his name in the event it goes screwy but thats what he insisted!

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭quinnie123ie

i have to say, i called them too and the words the lady used on the phone was "they are already moving" - "they are coming from the suppliers and will be with me next monday" i dont know now, my hopes have been lifted again ... like the previous guy she assured me they would honour the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Sully wrote: »
    I spoke with them just there. I pointed out it must be a mistake,

shhhhhhhh. Let them figure it out for themselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Sounds like there might be a lot of jobs available up in littlewoods in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

i have to say, i called them too and the words the lady used on the phone was "they are already moving" - "they are coming from the suppliers and will be with me next monday" i dont know now, my hopes have been lifted again ... like the previous guy she assured me they would honour the order?

Aren't they coming direct from the suppliers not littlewoods?

Are people having a laugh trying to raise other gullible people's hopes. You got to be talking in the tens of thousands units ordered at this stage.....I cannot see how they could possibly honour them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,088 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have I missed this? link not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

i ordered one just for the craic around 5pm. Haven't received an order accepted email yet. Called them just now out of curiosity. She said on the phone that she wasn't aware of any problems with prices online but can't confirm til tomorrow when my order should be processed.

Product has been removed now.

people on the helpine advising doesnt assure you of anything i work in a call centre and anything we say is covered legally i believe so if someone breaks something because of something we advise they have no legal recourse

they more than likely arent obligated to deliver anything as no contract is formed the way consumer contracts work comes down to offer and acceptance they are not offering the product to you it is simply on the site at this price you are offering to buy and they can accept or reject that offer. if they sent you an email stating we have this computer to buy for 69 euro then if you accepted the contract is formed but since you are offering to buy...i would imagine they are going to reject the s*it out of them tbh

thats as much as i remember from consumer law anyway but dont get me wrong i hope everyone gets their computer for that ridiculous price ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

cannot get access to spec!
    j

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement