Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq mini desktop with 21.5in monitor €69.99

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Another bargain alerts thrillride comes to an end. Always fun.

I hope nobody in Littlewoods loses their job over it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

kida wrote: »
    New form of Viral Marketing anyone? :pac:
    Didnt Ryanair do something like this a few years back?

Some nameless "hacker" found a way to get cheap flights if you enter some code/go to some page on their site. Cue people frantically buying flights at the "secret super cheap" rate. But all along Ryanair knew about the whole thing, and were just trying to get more business, and i think it worked.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id love to remind them about the person who;
    1) Insisted it wasnt a pricing error,
    2) Even if it was, they will and have to honour it.

Even though I knew they wouldnt, cheeky feckers going back on their word!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Re: Ryanair!

I hope you are not talking about me! Im just a web developer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Someone in work called them yesterday and they were told that it was a pricing error but they could not change it for 24 hrs so customers were entitled to buy at 69 euro until price changed back. Looks like that was a load of bull.

I got 5 of them. Orders accepted. Called them this morning and yer man says that they will be delivered either today or tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

beglee wrote: »
    Didnt Ryanair do something like this a few years back?

Some nameless "hacker" found a way to get cheap flights if you enter some code/go to some page on their site. Cue people frantically buying flights at the "secret super cheap" rate. But all along Ryanair knew about the whole thing, and were just trying to get more business, and i think it worked.
    Yeah the OP is littlewoods spy poster... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

deisedevil wrote: »
    I got 5 of them. Orders accepted. Called them this morning and yer man says that they will be delivered either today or tomorrow.
    MAKE.. THE.. BAD.. MAN.. STOP!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

deisedevil wrote: »
    Someone in work called them yesterday and they were told that it was a pricing error but they could not change it for 24 hrs so customers were entitled to buy at 69 euro until price changed back. Looks like that was a load of bull.

Will you be getting the 5 of them at 69 euros?

I feel a call to joe duffy in the afternoon coming on:P:P:P:P

Or are you pulling our leg deisedevil

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Sully wrote: »
    Id love to remind them about the person who;
    1) Insisted it wasnt a pricing error,
    2) Even if it was, they will and have to honour it.

Even though I knew they wouldnt, cheeky feckers going back on their word!

image004.jpg

Any applicable here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

basquille wrote: »
    D'arcy got a statement from Littlewoods.

Won't be honoured... what a shocker! :D

We had the exclusive on that yesterday. Too late D'arcy.

I tuned in a for a few minutes...cue texts from people who ordered PC @ 69 and have been told by the consumer agency that they have entered into a contract under the "fair goods act" :rolleyes: Jesus there's one born every minute.
    Had to turn it off again or I'd be needing a new radio...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Oh right.......:o:o

As you can see i am totally up to date with all news

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Dongasaurus

When I ordered yesterday I called them up to inquire if there was any possibility of getting express shipping on my order (I didn't mention the fact it was mispriced, I just refered to my order with the order number and held back on the details where possible). Got them to ship it by DHL.

Just signed for the deilvery of my new pc. :)

Not too bad for 89e total...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

When I ordered yesterday I called them up to inquire if there was any possibility of getting express shipping on my order (I didn't mention the fact it was mispriced, I just refered to my order with the order number and held back on the details where possible). Got them to ship it by DHL.

Just signed for the deilvery of my new pc. :)

Not too bad for 89e total...

Pics or GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This thread is going all over the place.

I'm locking it for now.

Take any further discussion to Consumer Issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement