Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official 3.0 Upgrade/Jailbreak/unlock thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

that fact that musclenerd is still working on this at 5am his time....and someone asks him, anything wrong with ultrasn0w....he replies, no just working to get rid of some confusions that was on end of demo.

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but to me it would read like they are nearly there.....of course it could still take them all weekend :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wohoo it worked! Thanks for the tips lads.

Ok, so I have a jailbroken iPhone - now what do I do?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

If you have a jailbroken iphone, browse cydia, and download some stuff to modifiy your phone!

:D

If you want to unlock, to use on a different carrier, unfortunately your gonna have to wait for ultrasnow to be released......

in the middle of jailbreaking myself....the wait is killing me!!!!

fuccccccccccccck!

When redsn0w is in the middle of jailbreaking, it crashes.....WHY????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Zascar wrote: »
    Wohoo it worked! Thanks for the tips lads.

Ok, so I have a jailbroken iPhone - now what do I do?
    I've spent all morning browsing the iTunes store for apps

Some f*cking AWESOME ones there! :D

okay it musta been my piece of **** computer that caused it to crash!
    ran the program again and now i have the pineapple on my screen that says.........flashin NOR......

Dave! wrote: »
    I've spent all morning browsing the iTunes store for apps

Some f*cking AWESOME ones there! :D

hahaha is there any there for free?:d

WOOOOHOOOOO

JAILBROKEN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dummm, dummm, dummmmmmm!!!! :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sammypsammy

Is there still no word on the ipod touch 2g jailbreak...?

:confused:

EDIT: sorry, just checked the blog... I'm confused by this redsn0w! I just used QuickFreedom last time then restored to the 2.2.1 ipsw... What do I have to do now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

eeloe wrote: »
    hahaha is there any there for free?:d
    Yeah, loads! :eek: I haven't paid for any yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

This may be a stupid question but if I jailbreaked using redsnow and decided to unjailbreak my iphone and restore back to the original firmware, is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

stupid question again/

im on a 2g iphone pay as you go sim with 02, i prev updated to 2.2 with quickwn

so i have to update with itunes and then use redsnow and my phone will be still jailbroken and unlocked?

can anyone clarify this thx/1

ANyone having problems with cydia timing out and crashing? It was working for a while now its not, server crashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Yeah mad muffin same here, probably everyone accessing it at the same time. Thousands of fresh jailbreaks looking for goodies I expect...

Anyone getting this sub-process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

when D/l off of Cydia and something about overwriting blah blah blah?

Yeah I'm having problems with Cydia too, it's beginning to piss me off, I managed to get back grounder and winterboard installed and now it's crash city!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

in on 2g iphone prev unlocked using quickpwn

im updating to 3.0 tru itunes now, i will still be unlocked am i correct?? and if i want to jailbreak it again i use redsn0w? yea?thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

leek wrote: »
    in on 2g iphone prev unlocked using quickpwn

im updating to 3.0 tru itunes now, i will still be unlocked am i correct?? and if i want to jailbreak it again i use redsn0w? yea?thanks

What this guy said :)

im currently on a 2g iphone that has been jailbroken and unlocked by quickpwn.

From what i have read i can upgrade it to 3.0 via itunes then jailbreak it with Redsn0w and it will still be unlocked. True?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Just jailbroke my iPod Touch 2g.I accidentally upgraded to 3.0 and was stuck without all my apps for a few days.Twas torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Any more discussion of illegal software or ways of installing cracked software will result in bans,simple as.

Boards.ie is not the place to discuss anything illegal.

looks like they are getting closer with releasing ultrasn0w:-

"Dunno how long the loader will take; can probably use most of what c1de0x and I wrote for ys, just need to find where at buffer is in mem"

reckon later on tonight it will be out.

redsn0w 0.7.2 is released....my guess is this version includes a code change ready for ultrasn0w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

anoble66 wrote: »
    The IClarified tutorial for jailbreaking with Redsn0w is up:-

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4301

This worked fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

just got my phone jailbroken but am very dissappointed with cydia to be honest, alot of programs not working at all, i'm wondering is it the 3.0 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I hope VoIPover3G still works, for skype while out and about. Haven't re-jailbroken my 3G yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Is there any point rejailbreaking the phone with redsnow 7.2? i heard its only the programe update rather than the jailbreak itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Still no news on a jailbreak for the 3gs. Looks like it will take longer than I expected.

• Advertisement

Is the 3Gs even out yet?

Advertisement