Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Love it!

1550.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

iguana wrote: »
    I have to admit I've sort of stopped caring about the Maryann story. I don't really care what she's up to. I don't really care about Eggs either, he's a gorgeous looking man, but he's a total black-hole personality wise and he's sucking away the personality of the characters who interact with him.

I wish the Maryann story would conclude or move forward faster. It just seems to be a whole lot of "shocking" stuff for the sake of being shocking rather than really moving the story anywhere, the only part of it I like is Andy Bellefluer. (And Arlene's fear that she raped Terry.)

On the vampire side of things, I was thinking Lorena might go seek out Barry. She was as fascinated by the taste of his blood as Bill was by Sookie when he first met her. And by getting a telepath of her "own" it would make her feel like she still has some connection to Bill.

A lot of people on other boards seem to be fed up with her,maybe because it is moving slow but I am still interested. We are getting to the stage in the season where we will more than likely start seeing what she is really up to and I just love Michelle Forbes,she is an amazing actress.

I haven't been particularly interesting in Tara, Eggs and MaryAnne's exploits from the start.

It's the weaker of the main storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

basquille wrote: »
    I haven't been particularly interesting in Tara, Eggs and MaryAnne's exploits from the start.

It's the weaker of the main storylines.

I disagree, but I'm a big mythology nerd, if they keep going how I think it will keep going
    its going to get very interesting.

Jesus, that's cryptic :pac:

Couple of more posters for 'Tru Blood'..

1549trueblood-posters.jpg
    trublood.jpg
    600full-true-blood-poster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

J-blk wrote: »
    You mean Sam... Bill can't turn into much of anything other than a pile of ash really :). I think Sam felt that because the cops knew him, etc they would believe his story, even though he had nothing to back it up. Even if he was not there when they showed up, he'd probably be one of the first people brought in for questioning since the body was found in his place anyway...

ehehe Sam I meant :)
    Your probably right but still better then being in the scene of the crime when the police arrives.

Hope they ship those true blood bottles over here wouldn't mind keeping them as collectible and having a bottle in the fridge for a laugh when someone comes over.
    kinda geekish I know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

They don't ship to Ireland - already checked!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Poochie05 wrote: »
    They don't ship to Ireland - already checked!:D

Time to re-connect with any long lost cousins, aunts, uncles, etc in the US then and start begging:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

J-blk wrote: »
    Time to re-connect with any long lost cousins, aunts, uncles, etc in the US then and start begging:D!

I have an uncle in Canada I bet he'll really be impressed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't mind the Mary Ann storyline as I'm expecting her to eventually clash with Eric, Bill, Sookie etc etc so it should be epic. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Assuming the two storylines merge, who wouldn't want to see Godric vs MaryAnn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Judging by the series so far, whatever happens it's going to be good.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I don't mind the Mary Ann storyline as I'm expecting her to eventually clash with Eric, Bill, Sookie etc etc so it should be epic. :)

I had almost forgotten that last season the seemingly independent (up to a point) story lines of Sookie and Jason did eventually merge so it could happen with the two major story lines this year I guess... It would definitely be awesome if it went that way though I have high expectations for the finale anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

LZ5by5 wrote: »

I'm expecting that too because it was mentioned that Maryann has no power over supernaturals, so it will probably end up with Bill and Sookie coming home to find her in Sookies house. They will notice what's happening and because Maryann has no power over them they will try to stop her

Some interesting tidbits...the actor who plays Godric is Danish,the actor who plays Eric is Swedish,I wonder what language they were speaking to each other in their first scene where Godric makes Eric a vampire. Amazing English the Nordic countries have without much of an accent.

And also this is the weirdest thing that hopefully someone can help me out with. I was looking at Michelle Forbe's imdb page,because lets face it,she is amazing and I see a credit for "Love is the Drug". That sounds familiar so I click on it and it is that Irish show I remember being on a few years ago. Never watched it,but did anyone else? Was she actually in it? Wonder why she would be in some Irish show.

tvnutz wrote: »
    I wonder what language they were speaking to each other in their first scene where Godric makes Eric a vampire.

It's Swedish. The only odd thing about it was that it was modern day Swedish, rather than Viking-era Swedish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

And also this is the weirdest thing that hopefully someone can help me out with. I was looking at Michelle Forbe's imdb page,because lets face it,she is amazing and I see a credit for "Love is the Drug". That sounds familiar so I click on it and it is that Irish show I remember being on a few years ago. Never watched it,but did anyone else? Was she actually in it? Wonder why she would be in some Irish show.

I remember that! Wasn't it advertised as this gritty, risque Irish show and then turned out to be pants.

Although that could be said about a number of different Irish shows...

I remember that! Wasn't it advertised as this gritty, risque Irish show and then turned out to be pants.

Although that could be said about a number of different Irish shows...

Pretty much all Irish shows IMO! :P I do remember it being advertised but I never watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

With regards to the bomb, I reckon Godric could move fast enough to stop his finger pushing the button, the conclusion to a climax like that is usually kinda low key in this program.

DON'T watch the promo to next week's show.. some mild spoilers in it (OBVIOUSLY) but enough to somewhat take the fun out of waiting!

Damn my feeble brain and it's longing to know what happens next! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

basquille wrote: »
    DON'T watch the promo to next week's show.. some mild spoilers in it (OBVIOUSLY) but enough to somewhat take the fun out of waiting!

Damn my feeble brain and it's longing to know what happens next! :(

Oh why did you do that! I can't even read the program synopsis of shows.

Oh why did you do that! I can't even read the program synopsis of shows.
    Cos I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo weak! :(

I always watch the promos. Can't help myself and they do wet your appetite for next week.

I try to avoid them - especially with the cliffhangers on this show, even reading a plot synopsis for next week would be pretty spoilerrific :).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was in a couple of episodes of that as an extra (had lines but they were cut before the show aired because of time restraints :mad:) - fairly certain she was not in it, but it is a good 5 or 6 years ago, so I could be wrong. I think I have it lying around on vhs at home, so I might have a look through out of curiosity if I can find it. I know there's a film with the same name though, so that would be more likely.

Anyway, in regards to True Blood, I finally caught up and can now join in the discussion. Oddly enough, I only watched the season 1 finale yesterday, but the Rene revelation seems like a lifetime ago - what an excellent series.
    I actually don't care much for the Maryann, Eggs, Tara storyline, but if it goes somewhere it should be good and I do like the way Andy and Sam are involved with it. I also don't particularly care for the whole Lorena storyline either, there's already enough going on at the moment - they don't need to add her at the moment really.
    Jason was epic in the latest episode. The Judas line was brilliant, as was the I have been to heaven line.
    As for that shocking cliffhanger, I really don't know what to expect, but hope that Jason, Eric, Godric and Sookie make it away safely.

I was in a couple of episodes of that as an extra (had lines but they were cut before the show aired because of time restraints :mad:) - fairly certain she was not in it, but it is a good 5 or 6 years ago, so I could be wrong. I think I have it lying around on vhs at home, so I might have a look through out of curiosity if I can find it. I know there's a film with the same name though, so that would be more likely.

Her Imdb page also says she was in an episode of Holby City,if that is true it is in the UK so its possible she did an Irish show. But I think some things on imdb are user submitted so both could be wrong. If you get a chance to look at those videos let us know! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Most references to her appearance on teh show are just copied from one another, but this one seems to have been put together independently. http://www.whosdatedwho.com/topic/6236/love-is-the-drug-2.htm

Could be a mix-up with this chick either.

Could be a mix-up with this chick either.

That's probably what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was quite anti-climatic after last week's cliffhanger. Still quality stuff, but at the same time it felt like a bit of a filler episode. At least the Maryann storyline is moving forward. Damn it - a whole week before the next episode....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was quite anti-climatic after last week's cliffhanger. Still quality stuff, but at the same time it felt like a bit of a filler episode. At least the Maryann storyline is moving forward. Damn it - a whole week before the next episode....

Dunno, didn't think it was filler. I found it a very good episode. Some great scenes, storyline moving forward, character growth, all that jazz. Stuff you don't normally find with filler eps.

I do wish the maryann storyline would get moving though. Its probably because I hate the Tara character and actor, but I'm finding all her scenes boring as hell.

Advertisement