Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Damn, I was really hoping that Godric would go back with Eric, Sookie, and Bill after being fired. I can't believe that he has literally bitten the dust so soon after his debut.

Good episode, but I've seen better.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

I enjoyed the episode myself, though i did see the godric death coming as he was clearly to old and powerful to be a small part of future storylines...at 2000 years old, it would prevent future development of characters that are to be portrayed as more powerful...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

I liked the episode. It wasn't as good as last weeks though. I loved Godric and was sad to see him go. The last scene was moving especially the conversation between Sookie and Godric - "In this I see God". Allan Hyde played it to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

sophya wrote: »
    Allan Hyde played it to perfection.

For a moment I was convinced Ryder Strong (Shawn from Boy Meets World) was playing Godric. He's the spitting image of him.
    On second thoughts I was more impressed with the episode than I had initially thought. At 6am in the morning I overlooked some of the important plot points, like the Eric/Sookie thing, and had completely forgotten about Sam going into Andy's department, when I posted this morning. That's definitely going somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Damn I liked Godric,was hoping for more storylines with him,but at the same time it was very moving. It was showing the downside to immortality,he let himself get taken by the fellowship,as a type of suicide attempt on one level. He was tired,2000 years and he had seen everything and gotten tired of living I guess.He thought more like a human than a vampire after so long. It was a beautiful scene at the end,and Eric begging him not to do it was also quite sad.

I really like how Eric tricked Sookie into drinking his blood and now she has a connection with him. That will be interesting. Hoyt's mother is a pain in hole,really annoying redneck. It was funny when Hoyt is listing her hates-"African Americans","Ssshhh...that one's a secret!" :p

Sam going to Andy for help will be interesting now that Mary-Ann has the whole town after him. I think this whole storyline seems to be moving so slow because they are waiting for Sookie,Bill etc to return to Bon Temps before it comes to a head. I assume that is what will happen anyway.

A lot slower than last weeks obviously since last weeks was so fast paced,but still a great episode.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Still really enjoyed it, but count me as another who was sad to see Godric go so quickly. Having said that his suicide, such as it was, was in keeping with his character who was so very tired of everything - all the conflict and hurt. Good final scene.

I LOL'ed at Eric tricking Sookie and it makes an interesting angle for the romantic triangle. Has Sookie not drank Bill's blood? Does it not raise questions about whether he feelings for him are fully genuine?

I thought the MaryAnn storyline did move this week - she now is able to raise her own small army from the orgy. The Tara/Eggs bit is still slow. It was good to see Lafayette find some of his old fire again - just in time for the finale no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ixoy wrote: »
    Has Sookie not drank Bill's blood?
    She's drank it on more than one occasion AFAIK.

basquille wrote: »
    She's drank it on more than one occasion AFAIK.

I think that question was rhetorical.

I think that question was rhetorical.
    You're "rhetorical"! :P

You're "rhetorical"! :P

Yes I am. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ixoy wrote: »
    Has Sookie not drank Bill's blood? Does it not raise questions about whether he feelings for him are fully genuine?.

Partly, but she did approach him in the bar at the start. And it's more to do with the fact that she couldn't read his thoughts and could relax because of it. Him being the first person she encountered that she didn't know what they were thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The first 10 minutes of this show were epic. Eric played a blinder this episode. Really enjoyed his part with sookie sucking the silver out of him.

After that start it tended to calm down a bit and the episode ended on a bit of a whimper.

The Tara storyline did move forward a good bit but its can get a bit annoying where there are too many characters involved.

Dissapointed as well by Godric dying; thought we might have seen some back story with him and Eric.

Don't know how anyone could consider this episode filler.. so many superb scenes:

- Eric tricking Sookie
    - Lafayette and Tara's Mum facing up to Tara, Mary Ann and Eggs
    - Godric's suicide just looked damn impressive.

Lafayette is back with a bang alright.. and Alexander Skarsgard (Eric) was absolutely superb in this episode!

Was unfortunate to see Godric go alright.. but to be honest, his presence on screen did somewhat annoy me - too young, too coy and not particular sinister (quietly intense but definitely lacking something). Just my opinion mind!

Just 3 episodes left! :(

Another great moment was when the Newlins were on tv and Sarah going on about fighting for daytime and Christmas and Easter Eggs and Steve getting really annoyed until they end up bickering on tv. "I hate your hair".Funny stuff :D

Also cool to see Sam turn into a fly,didn't think he would be able to turn into something so small.

Watched the promo for next week - looks quite epic, but doesn't give anything away that we weren't expecting. The final 3 episodes look to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I didn't enjoy the episode as much as last weeks but I think the change in style emphasised last week's more and the Fellowship of the Sun's actions.Makes the suicide bombing and everything that they are doing stand out more.

If this episode followed on from last weeks and kept the same style and tempo,maybe having the vampires take revenge or something,I think it would have lessened the season as a whole.

Thought the ending with Godric,Eric and Sookie was one of the most powerful moments I've seen on TV too.Eric in particular was fantastic then.

Promo looks good for next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

A bit of a slow burner, but not bad at all - I'm guessing a lot of what was shown in this episode will play into the finale (and even next season possibly for a couple of things, at least in regard to Eric-Sookie-Bill).

Lots of crying all around in this episode too, both from humans and vampires...

So are Maryann's powers now at a point where she can instantly control any human? Cause I'm pretty sure both the sheriff and Hoyt's mom were never at one of her little "raves" or anywhere near her before, yet she controlled them pretty much instantly...

Layfayette vs Eggs was great - about time someone kicked his a**...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

J-blk wrote: »

Layfayette vs Eggs was great - about time someone kicked his a**...

I thought yeah this is gonna be a good fight but was kinda over pretty fast :D

Now that we know about Godric intentionally being captured by the fellowship I still don't understand why the big guy who was going to rape sookie said "it's me Godric" was put in.
    I first thought there was something much more to Godric that he had some masterplan, surely it has to be signifcant in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

J-blk wrote: »
    A bit of a slow burner

Not at his age, he went very quick.... ;)

I liked the episode, even if I didn't expect Godric to die so soon. It was appropriate though, as he had already had enough of it, and was ready to give up.

All back home now, I guess, to find a psycho god-like bitch has taken over gramma's house, and possessed the entire town. I'm guessing that Sam will come clean and tell Bud everything too, which could go places.

I'm still waiting for Jessica to accidentally kill Hoyt. I just can't shake the feeling that she'll loose control at any moment, and sink in. I hope that doesn't happen, but it always just seems that way.
    Block (8 wrote:
    "it's me Godric" was put in.

Because he thought Godric had turned passive, and wouldn't harm him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

I liked this episode too. The Godric death scene was very well done and other storylines are moving on.

The only thing is I don't like the drinking a vampires blood making a connection part, even though it will probably lead to a good storyline. Would that mean that everyone who did V has a connection, and do Layfayette and Eric now have a connection? If it had of been a 2 way thing of drinking from one and the other at the same time it might have made it a bit better.

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    I liked this episode too. The Godric death scene was very well done and other storylines are moving on.

The only thing is I don't like the drinking a vampires blood making a connection part, even though it will probably lead to a good storyline. Would that mean that everyone who did V has a connection, and do Layfayette and Eric now have a connection? If it had of been a 2 way thing of drinking from one and the other at the same time it might have made it a bit better.

Ye that is one thing. Does anyone who ever tries V have a connection with the vampire that the V came from? Or are we too assume most V comes from vampires that were drained and killed like nearly happened to Bill in the first episode and Lafyette's method of obtaining it was rare.

Also V makes you high,very high in a very weird way. Yet when Sookie drinks Bill's blood,even Eric's in the last episode,why isn't she going on a trip. Is it because she is "different".?

For some reason I thought V was synthetic blood?

tvnutz wrote: »
    Ye that is one thing. Does anyone who ever tries V have a connection with the vampire that the V came from? Or are we too assume most V comes from vampires that were drained and killed like nearly happened to Bill in the first episode and Lafyette's method of obtaining it was rare.

Also V makes you high,very high in a very weird way. Yet when Sookie drinks Bill's blood,even Eric's in the last episode,why isn't she going on a trip. Is it because she is "different".?

IIRC the first time she drank Bills blood she got high but it doesn't seem to be happening now. It's also supposed to be very addictive and she so far has never shown signs of a comedown, although in saying that she only seems to drink it when she is injured \ has to

Hmmmm.. are ye sure V isn't synthetic blood? Like why didn't Jessica take to it at the start of the season.. while she craved human blood.

It's not the same AFAIK!

Hmmmm.. are ye sure V isn't synthetic blood? Like why didn't Jessica take to it at the start of the season.. while she craved human blood.

It's not the same AFAIK!

Tru Blood is the synthetic blood, V is vampire blood. It's what Jason was hooked on last season

matrim wrote: »
    Tru Blood is the synthetic blood, V is vampire blood. It's what Jason was hooked on last season
    Ahhh yes... of course. I've a mind like a sieve!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

tvnutz wrote: »

That's been bugging me too, i.e. how come Sookie isn't hooked on the juice; if all it took was one drop (on a piece of toilet paper) for Jason to be coked off his tits for hours on end, and Sookie has swallowed plenty of Bill's (and now Eric's), err, juice (tee hee!) without any addiction showing.

Maybe it's a strength of character thing, as opposed to anything physiological.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yakuza wrote: »
    That's been bugging me too, i.e. how come Sookie isn't hooked on the juice; if all it took was one drop (on a piece of toilet paper) for Jason to be coked off his tits for hours on end, and Sookie has swallowed plenty of Bill's (and now Eric's), err, juice (tee hee!) without any addiction showing.
    I'm assuming the difference is that she drank directly from them whereas they drank it from a glass or injected it, etc. The effects are different - sure otherwise all of Lafayette's clients would suddenly feel what that old vampire was feeling all the time and be attracted to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's pretty much whichever suits the narrative better for that episode.

Sookie never gets high and she drinks regularly.

Jason became addicted after a single drop , went into withdrawal and went to the vampire bar needing his fix...and he meets Amy who didn't seem addicted at all.

Yet when they take V together, he suffers no withdrawal at all this time and she breaks down and insists they abduct Eddie the vampire.

When Bill stakes longshadow, sookie is covered head to toe with blood, loads goes in her mouth and yet she didn't get high. Same thing happened when Amy staked Eddie, you can clearly see the blood all over Jason's face and yet nothing.

You could argue that drinking it directly from a vampire and bottling it make a difference, but that doesn't make alot of sense. Besides, Amy and Jason drank directly from Eddie's I.V. and got high off a few drops.

It doesn't make much sense, but thats the nature of storytelling. It's like in sci-fi when people go "out of phase" and can walk through walls yet don't fall through the floor. :p Its just one of the things you ignore and shouldn't nitpick at. To be honest, I'm glad they haven't tried to explain the inconsistencies and just got on with the storytelling.

Speaking of not making much sense, from the latest episode,
    Sam being able to shapeshift into a fly is kind of odd. I mean, the dog, bird, pig you could understand but a fly? where does the rest of him go? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

This was actually my favourite episode of this series so far. It was all the things I loved from the first season. It's also made me realise that I far prefer being able to watch the entire series all at once. Watching week by week is like trying to read a single book over 3 months, it's both frustrating and less involving. I just don't think I'll ever have the strength to wait until the end of a season and then watch them all at once.:mad:
    Kirby wrote: »
    It's like in sci-fi when people go "out of phase" and can walk through walls yet don't fall through the floor. :p

Actually that is very much explained. People with the ability to phase can choose wear they walk, it's why Kitty Pryde can walk on air when she phases. In a phases state air is as solid to them as concrete, so they can choose where to place their step.:P

The first book goes into the effects of vampire blood on Sookie quite a lot, and I assume that continues in the rest. It makes her physically stronger, hornier, healthier and gives her much more control over her telepathy. In the tv series I think the main reason she never gets high is that she is a supernatural and they are different from regular humans. In the same way that Maryann can't control them, vampire blood has a different effect.

Advertisement