Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The Don wrote: »
    The church never actually said the name of the vampire that they had so it could just be some random vampire. Godric could have been waiting for his opportunity.

In epsiode 6 Sookie read Steve's mind and he was thinking about killing the 2000 year old vampire they have in the basement. I'm assuming that a vampire that old is pretty rare, so it's probably Godric he was thinking of.

Bill and Sookie are getting married. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32303843/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

Not a spoiler, it's in real life, Paquin and Moyer are engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

iguana wrote: »
    Bill and Sookie are getting married. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32303843/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

Not a spoiler, it's in real life, Paquin and Moyer are engaged.

Lucky Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

"You're worse than Judas!"
    "... why, what'd he do to you?"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What a way to end!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Cina wrote: »
    I was gonna post that line - classic Jason! He was fantastic in this episode - especially when he got all armed up and took on the reverend.

I was kinda hoping for a massacre at the Fellowship but then Goderic halted it all. He seemed to be giving off a sorta Jesus vibe - uniting people, hovering around in the Church, saying he wished to meet J.C. All very mild mannered but I'm hoping there's more to it all - that's supported by the fact he was quite willing to snap the neck of the one human who seemed to be in on his plan.

Mary-Ann's soufflé - disgusting! Again it made people fall prey to their carnal instincts but I'm wondering what her particular interest in Tara is.

Sam being arrested for murder - what's Mary-Ann's angle here? Is she intending to blackmail him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Another great episode, I'm becoming slightly suspicious of Eric as I think he will do anything to take Sookie from Bill. So Bill better watch his back!

I'm looking forward to Sookie, Eric, Bill etc etc coming back to Bon Tomp (sp?) and their inevitable clash with Mary Ann.

I thought the Jessica virginity thing was very silly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Cina wrote: »

That was a great line - Jason was awesome in this episode, great to see him back to his old self, insulting Steve and telling him he slept with Sarah right at the end of their confrontation...
    ixoy wrote: »
    he was quite willing to snap the neck of the one human who seemed to be in on his plan.

There must be more to his plan than everyone living in harmony - I'm not too sure he would have even killed Gabe had Eric not shown up when he did...
    ixoy wrote: »
    Mary-Ann's soufflé - disgusting! Again it made people fall prey to their carnal instincts but I'm wondering what her particular interest in Tara is.

When she was cooking the meal in particular... ugh! What the hell is she doing to Eggs and Tara though and why?
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I thought the Jessica virginity thing was very silly though.

+ 1 - it kinda was. Is Jessica really only going to be comic relief (and pretty lame comic relief at that) and nothing else? I was hoping they'd take her story in a more interesting direction...

J-blk wrote: »
    What the hell is she doing to Eggs and Tara though and why?

When they started having sex after their "souffle" I started wondering if she wants them to have a baby that will be supernatural in someway because they ate the heart of a shapeshifter before conceiving it.

When they started having sex after their "souffle" I started wondering if she wants them to have a baby that will be supernatural in someway because they ate the heart of a shapeshifter before conceiving it.

Hmmm, that could be her plan... doesn't jive with Maryann not been inherently malicious though but then again Daphne clearly misjudged things...

I wonder if Sam was meant to be the main course and Maryann simply adjusted her plans when her got away - framing him could simply be out of pure spite because he messed with her plans...

• Advertisement

doesn't jive with Maryann not been inherently malicious though but then again Daphne clearly misjudged things...

But her wanting a magic baby wouldn't be malicious, just that she wants a magic baby and doesn't care about anyone who might get hurt along the way. It sort of gels with the fact that she had sex with Sam when she first met him. She might have tried the direct way first, but that didn't work so now she's using "surrogates."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Good episode again. Will be interesting to see who survives the explosion...

Godric was very strange and sinister...he seemed bored with the whole thing of being a vampire. 2000 years I suppose it would being to grate a bit.

Characters that annoy me: Bill

But her wanting a magic baby wouldn't be malicious, just that she wants a magic baby and doesn't care about anyone who might get hurt along the way.

True, but it's hard to see the way she betrayed Daphne especially as not malicious - and if she framed Sam as well, that would seem like pure spite... Anything she does could be justified as just a means to whatever end she is aiming for, but she does seem more and more like a villain - I still don't know what to make of her story...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

tvnutz wrote: »
    Come on people! It was clearly a paintball gun that we saw in previous episodes. Why she is shooting him with that I do not know,but it was definitely a paintball gun and too chunky or big to be a real gun.Jason is not dead.

God I love being right! :D:D

This was such a fantastic episode.Riviting stuff for the whole episode. I am not buying Godric's nice act,Steve wouldn't make a peace pact with him so he clearly wasn't in on it but Gabe said "Godric,it's me" only to have his neck snapped. Why would Gabe be in league with Godric? There is way more going on here. Although at the same time Godric's actions in episode were believable,he is 2000 years old,he seems bored as someone mentioned or perhaps he really does want to evolve as he said.

Mary-Ann's souffle-I was eating my lunch when this scene came on,ugh! lol It was just really horrible. I am actually very interested to see what her end game is,its not just all about the sex parties and people's lust etc She has a specific purpose for Tara,and perhaps for Sam.

I think the Jessica thing is really to give Hoyt a storyline,its not an important side story but I don't find it annoying either.

Really great ending as well,already can't wait for next week.At least it makes Mondays less horrible! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Back on track after being behind for 2 weeks while on holidays.. absolutely superb episode last night.

Is it me or is the writing a helluva lot better this season for the most part - loved the exchange between Eric and Sookie:

Sookie: "He's your maker, isn't he?"
    Eric: "Don’t use words you don't understand!"
    Sookie: "You have a lot of love for him."
    Eric: "Don't use words I don't understand"

Superb stuff!

And I sincerally hope whoever thought of the bomb made of silver and crosses got an extra bonus in their paycheque.

This show is definitely one of the best things on the box... crack-cocaine for the eyes and ears! :D

basquille wrote: »
    And I sincerally hope whoever thought of the bomb made of silver and crosses got an extra bonus in their paycheque.

Was there crosses? Crosses don't have any effect on the vampires though, Bill showed that when he spoke for the Descendants of the Glorious Dead in S1. I guess Luke doesn't know that though.

I loved the scene where Eric went up to the FotS guards and pretended to be one of them, even using a Southern accent.

Oh, and the bit where Andy Bellefluer was defending Sam, his description of MaryAnn was great ; A bull, with claws, wearing a long dress. :D

Was there crosses? Crosses don't have any effect on the vampires though, Bill showed that when he spoke for the Descendants of the Glorious Dead in S1. I guess Luke doesn't know that though.

I loved the scene where Eric went up to the FotS guards and pretended to be one of them, even using a Southern accent.

Just watched it again there,its actually just all chains(presumably silver) with silver bullets hanging off them. However I thought they mentioned in an earlier episode silver bullets wouldn't kill a vampire,only hurt and weaken them and they had to be staked. I think Rev. Steve mentioned it while showing Jason the gun room.

And ye that scene with Eric putting on the accent and putting his shoulders up while trying to smile,hilarious.

God I love being right! :D:D

:D I'm going to stop reading your posts as they may count as spoilers if they are that accurate :).

I still don't get why there was a puff of smoke (seemingly) from a paintball gun but oh well... That nut shot still must've hurt though!

I hope we see more of the Newlins, especially now that the whole pristine, perfect church life is collapsing on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry.. I meant "stakes". But actually tvnutz is spot on, just silver with bullets hanging off them. As below:

vlcsnap395090.png
    :D I'm going to stop reading your posts as they may count as spoilers if they are that accurate :).
    When I watched that scene, it was obviously a paintball gun from the shape of it. I never thought otherwise anyways!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Eric seemed to be able to withstand the pain of the silver chains - I wonder if Godric will be immune? His captivity was self imposed with the Fellowship. I'm guessing, as a result, Godric will launch himself at Luke, throw him at the window, and shield the rest from the blast. That or maybe Bill's maker as she's just lost the only thing she cares about... a sort of last sacrificial gesture for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Or maybe he'll press the button and <click>, no boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Fantastic episode, am pi55ed off that I have to wait another week :(

Once the bomb goes off, there's going to be millions of itty bitty pieces of silver flying everywhere, odds are some will pierce some vamp hearts.

I doubt we've heard the last of Lorena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I think godrick will sacrifice himself to save the rest

awhir wrote: »
    I think godrick will sacrifice himself to save the rest

I hope not,he seems like a really good character. I want to see him around for longer and perhaps get some more of his backstory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I hope not,he seems like a really good character. I want to see him around for longer and perhaps get some more of his backstory.

Ya,I hope he stays around too but don't see it happening.

I might have thought Godric will sacrifice himself if it wasn't for the fact that Gabe had been in league with him. Because of that there is obviously so much more to him than he is letting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Another great episode I agree but what bugged me was why Bill didn't turn into a dog again when he saw the police arriving as he seem to know immediately that he was framed :confused:

Block (8 wrote: »
    Another great episode I agree but what bugged me was why Bill didn't turn into a dog again when he saw the police arriving as he seem to know immediately that he was framed :confused:

You mean Sam... Bill can't turn into much of anything other than a pile of ash really :). I think Sam felt that because the cops knew him, etc they would believe his story, even though he had nothing to back it up. Even if he was not there when they showed up, he'd probably be one of the first people brought in for questioning since the body was found in his place anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Excellent episode from start to finish. What an ending. The silver won't kill them but it will seriously weaken them until it is removed and that bomb will have a wide area. I can't wait for next week to see what happens. There is definitely something more going on with Godric than we've seen so far. Like someone else said, I hope we get to see more of his back story. Jason was great in this episode. The Judas line was class and the I've been to heaven line. He did well in the church with just paintball guns.

MaryAnn's souffle looked pretty disgusting. I wonder does it have something to do with the old belief about eating your enemies heart to gain their strength? We're still wondering what her plans for Tara and Sam are.

• Advertisement

I have to admit I've sort of stopped caring about the Maryann story. I don't really care what she's up to. I don't really care about Eggs either, he's a gorgeous looking man, but he's a total black-hole personality wise and he's sucking away the personality of the characters who interact with him.

I wish the Maryann story would conclude or move forward faster. It just seems to be a whole lot of "shocking" stuff for the sake of being shocking rather than really moving the story anywhere, the only part of it I like is Andy Bellefluer. (And Arlene's fear that she raped Terry.)

On the vampire side of things, I was thinking Lorena might go seek out Barry. She was as fascinated by the taste of his blood as Bill was by Sookie when he first met her. And by getting a telepath of her "own" it would make her feel like she still has some connection to Bill.

Advertisement